Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help - looking for new skincare line!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been using JB alphaderma for the past year and a half, not sure if it's doing much anymore. I'm 43 years old and have combination skin, seem to be getting more breakouts lately, also crow's feet/laugh lines more prominent. Should I look into juvaderm or restylane injections, or is there a skincare line that ladies my age have used and found helpful? There is so much to choose from out there, and some is so expensive.... Thanks for your help ladies!
Shirley M
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is useful to rotate skin care (like shampoos).
Imo skin can plateau, resist or react to using the same products for too long.
Try another sort and you can go back to the other in 6 months or so.
If I hadn't NY resolutioned Question new word!, to use up my existing stockpile first before buying more, I know I would like to try PSF &/or Valmont.
I think I would ideally like to rotate skin care every 3 months - don't forget they are always producing new "miracles" on the market to try!
Your skin will like some more than others, and so you will know which ones o to buy again, but can keep a list of the good ones, to put and keep on your rotation list.
Well, that's what I'm aiming for anyway! Laughing
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Juliemarie, that sounds like a great idea to rotate lines. And I guess as we age our skin can change also - what I used 5 years ago sure as heck isn't going to work now!
Shirley M
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been in the process of shaking up my skincare routine (I just had a birthday) and have been doing a lot of sampling. One of my goals was to add an AHA product to my routine and I found the one I was looking for, IS Clinical Active serum. I love serums and use skinceuticals C E Ferulic in the morning and the Active serum at night. I'm still in the process of getting my routine down so I've been getting lots of samples and trying different products. I can tell you the C E Ferulic and the Active serum will help tremendously with the fine lines and crows feet. You can buy samples from ebay. The serums do cost a lot but if you use them right, just s little bit at a time, they can last for a year. Use an inexpensive cleanser like Cetaphil and I don't think a toner is absolutely necessary. And, don't forget moisturizer and sunscreen! Have fun devising your new routine!
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on skinceuticals jom, and what a great idea trying samples before spending wayyy too much on products that might not work! I just started using spectro jel for a cleanser, I think it's similar to cetaphil and seems to work ok so far. I also just spent the last hour reading posts about the 'baby quasar' - hmmmm, yet another device to part me from my hard-earned money!!
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I always say this, but I keep going back to PSF. You can buy nice samples of almost everything there to try.

I have the Quasar SP and it makes a big difference, the other thing I think I am going to have to really step up is the facial exercises. It just really makes sense and the best before and afters I ever see are from that.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lorimcp, thanks for the info, sorry to sound dumb, but what does PSF stand for? Also, would you recommend buying the SP over the BQ? I've never thought of facial exercises before, I exercise my body alot (which is why I'm getting more wrinkles I think - less fat in my face!) so I'll look into facial exercises next! Thanks again,
Shirley M
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Pure Skin Formulations. EDS sells it.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Juliemarie, I'll give it a try!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with lorimcp, you should try PSF. I was using Dr Renaud products but then received PSF and from then I was hooked. I am using the Pumpkin Peel (which is my favourite product), the Organic Moisture Mask, R&R toning mist (which also works great as a MMU setting spray), vitamin C serum and acne treatment mud (as a night spot treatment).
I have also used the HA serum which is nice, but I don't need it now that I am using the vitamin C which has HA in it. I can't stress enough how great this line is. Oh, and I'm just using Cetaphil cleanser which is cheap and works great without drying my skin.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I too am a HUGE psf fan. It's inexpensive as well.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Shirley, like you, I use Janson Beckett products. I still find them to be one of the best products for my skin. In saying that I do mix things up from time to time to give my skin a change. Pure Skin Formulations is an excellent line. Right now I am using their new night cream. What a lovely product!!! The Cranberry Eye Gel is a new favorite of mine.

EDS does sell PSF products. If you go towww.pureskinformulations.com you can purchase sample packs. IMO it is always best to sample. Skin care is an expensive investment. We are all so different when it comes to product likes and dislikes.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Urbnengineer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a ton of skincare lines and started with drugstore stuff, but I've finally settled on Dermalogica as my principal line. I still use Phytomer for their sebum clearing mask and I'm searching for a new eye cream, but dermalogica is my line for the daily routine. I use the Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Mircofoliant, Toner, Active Moist, and then weekly I use their gentle cream exfoliant and sometimes their multivitamin capsules. It's a simple routine that works really well. I also feel like it's economical as everything lasts 4 months or so, so it's not hundreds and hundreds a year for the whole line. That's my $.02...hope that helps!
SusanSkin
5% products discount

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi ShirleyM! I am a practicing cosmetician and deal with skincare on a daily basis. I have tried many product lines and seen the effects on my clientle's skin and my own.
One line that I have already recommended on this forum is called the Newtox Treatment Line by Lon Cosmetics. There has been a lot of buzz about the products so I decided to try carrying it in my clinic. Plus I love anything that contains Dead Sea salts and minerals! The results are dramatic. There are two types of Peptides in this set that reverse the effects of aging:
1. Hexapeptides which results in a "botox like" effect. This peptide destresses facial tension which leads to a reduction in wrinkles.
2. Pentapeptide which is a base for synthesis of Collagen and Elastin. This reduces wrinkles and prevents the formation of extra wrinkles.
The products are fairly priced and the company is reputable. Hope that helps!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shirley!
Because of your age, I was going to suggest more pricey name brands because you should be able to afford it (reasonably), you deserve it and you should invest in better quality.

I think you will find vitamin c extremely helpful, no matter what your age is. As for moisturizers, get something pricey and pick one that will make you feel really pretty when using it. Get samples from EDS to find which texture you personally prefer.
PM some of us who are fans of certain lines and maybe we can mail you some of our samples.

This is a debate, should we use specifically eye cream or not? I do, because at our age, we need to treat ourselves if you already have no major issues for the eye area.

I highly recommend Skinceuticals sunblock and there is another one that I can't exactly think of the name brand that is organic sunblock, but really it's not but protects your skin.

As for getting injections, you should go to several consultations and read a lot of material. Personally, I will consider it, but my skin is not at that point right now, but I do get botox.

Shirley, if you want to PM me, please feel free to do so.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |