Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Benefit: Some kind-a Gorgeous - The Foundation Faker
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Brand: Benefit
Product: Some kind-a Gorgeous - The Foundation Faker

What it is:
A sheer, oil-free, cream-to-powder complexion perfector.

What it is formulated to do:
This lightweight, translucent, foundation-like product smoothes out imperfections and evens skin tone with a silky, smooth finish that's super natural and super gorgeous.

What else you need to know:
Comes in one shade that's perfect for most skin tones.

++Taken from Sephora

"Faking" can only go so far. I got this as a gift and I'm glad I didn't spend $33CAD on it!

I think this product is great for people who only need to touch up their skin. I use foundation all over my face to cover up my scars, hide pimples, etc and found that it's not the best for coverage. I have to stack up on layers for full coverage. You can also see the difference between my real skin colour on my neck and the colour from the product.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well lucky for you it was a gift, I actually bought this stuff! I liked it at first, its not a bad color match, but it made my skin very greasy and it is very minimal coverage. I would give this product a thumbs down.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I was tempted to try it, but a friend who works with the company told me that this powder tends to clog the pores if use on a daily basis. I had to give up on it then.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I tried it and it looks terrible on my face. The color is too dark for me, and it just looks fake. I'm not surprised, how can one shade suit everyone?

Not wanting to waste product though, I found that it does work well as a concealer for little discolorations on the body.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I tried it and it looks terrible on my face. The color is too dark for me, and it just looks fake. I'm not surprised, how can one shade suit everyone?

Not wanting to waste product though, I found that it does work well as a concealer for little discolorations on the body.

What a great idea! I have two of these lying around!!!
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can't believe I bought this one too. I opened it and thought ACK! Shock
It is really orangey and dark in the package, and although it doesn't look that way on my face it is still not the right color at all.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I did not like this stuff. It gave me a 'made up' feel with the thick coat of silicone on my face.

It was not a good primer, au contraire, it messed up the appearance of the foundation.

And as the only product, it was much too orange and fake looking Mad.
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
I think most of benefit's products just aren't that good. Their packaging is nice and all but pretty useless.

The only product I'm using from them is the eyebrow pencil? the white one that's supposed to make your eyebrows pop...but it's super fake and dries to a cakey look..I use it as an eyeliner on my waterline
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I think most of benefit's products just aren't that good. Their packaging is nice and all but pretty useless.

I agree.I'm always tempted to buy something cause I love their marketing,but after I read the reviews on their products the urge always goes away
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:

The only product I'm using from them is the eyebrow pencil? the white one that's supposed to make your eyebrows pop...but it's super fake and dries to a cakey look..I use it as an eyeliner on my waterline

I do like the Dallas bronzer, which is a really good color for me.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
It seems every benefit product I've tried (with the exception of "dr. feelgood"), has been a huge disappointment, but I keep on trying when I read good reviews. Thanks for saving me the effort on this one.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |