Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lightwandz/Baby Quasar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tosca3

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
(I posted this earlier, don't know what happened to it).

I have lurked at this forum for quite a while off and on and am amazed at how huge it is and all the sharing!

I am hoping someone can tell me if Lightwandz was taken over by another company and if it is the same as Baby Quasar. In my old notes I have reference to Lightwandz but it seems the website no longer exists. I was hoping to locate them if they are the same as BQ , because I 'think' they were cheaper (if it was the same product). There used to be a distributor who could get members (at another forum) the Lightwandz at a good discount.

I am not so interested now in the Lightstim as I think that more (LEDs) doesn't necessarily mean better as the BQ uses pulsed light etc.

The only thing that holds me back from the BQ now is the huge price increase (over a few years ago).

If anyone can tell me what they know, thanks in advance!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tosca,

There had been some controversy/ discussion regarding a LED product/ company that AT maker of Quasar took over. It had been discussed in the humongously long "absolute rave over this rejuvenation device" thread, too long for me to go through again, so am not sure if it was with reference to Lightwandz or not.

From my limited knowledge/ understanding, as far as Quasar goes, it is a product that the AT had developed themselves and is not a re-branded product. You may wish to use the search feature in the forum to research more on AT to understand better?

Hope that helps! Have a great day! Smile
havana8

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Looks as if these people may have some of the Lightwandz products...

Below is the retail line of products available for purchase directly from Light Emitting Designs, Inc. This line was adopted by Light Emitting Designs, Inc. upon the demise of Lightwandz International, Inc. Every product available from them plus a few additional products are available for purchase here.
http://www.leddesigns.net/products.php

http://66.172.10.21/lightoolz/wonderwand.htm
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
tosca3 wrote:
Hello,

I am not so interested now in the Lightstim as I think that more (LEDs) doesn't necessarily mean better as the BQ uses pulsed light etc.

The only thing that holds me back from the BQ now is the huge price increase (over a few years ago).

Since you've been "lurking" for a while, you must have seen the thousands of posts regarding LED's..

"Lightwanz" is a new one on me, but for the same $1300. it cost, a person could get both the anti-aging + acne lights from Quasar or LightStim..

As far as pulsing goes, I believe it's purpose is to 'shock' the cells, in the hopes that it stimulates it better.. A Dr. friend and ex co worker of mine, told me that "continuous waves are what gets the job done, and the rest is smoke and mirrors". (I'm quoting what he said, personally I don't know or care about 'pulsing lights.)

I have never used the BQ personally because I wanted something easier to to operate + more affordable. But it has a great deal of fans here for sure. After much research here, I opted for LightStim. I have never regretted that decision. It's reasonably priced, very well made, much bigger with 72 5mm lights, no modes to think about, and most importantly IT WORKS!

HTH........Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
tosca3

Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Ambien and you are right...it is a VERY long thread indeed. I haven't yet waded thru it all...one gets side tracked easily. I did use the search option (for Baby Quasar or other searches), but the problem is that it brings up a huge list of related and unrelated threads so I might as well just wade thru them. On the second day, I decided to post hoping someone may remember something Smile Outside of my own post here, there is nothing on Lightwandz.

Havana8 thank you also for digging that link up. Shock OOooof! What a price, ridiculous! Sorry, but really a silly price!

Kassy_A

Quote:
Since you've been "lurking" for a while, you must have seen the thousands of posts regarding LED's..

Not an understatement, that! Very Happy Which is why it took me 2 days off and on before I, in frustration, thought to just post a query. And you are right about for that price one can buy two! Good to read your comments about the LightStim. BTW, I never thought to do just a search on LED's...hmmmm. (What please is HTH, I don't always understand the English abbreviations!) Neutral

BTW, I recently came across a tool on ebay called Beauly (but also saw it misspelled as Beaoly) which seems to combine the Galvanic idea with surrounding infrared. I am waiting for the seller to respond to my few questions. Rolling Eyes

Thanks so much everyone for your time!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
HTH = hope this helps.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
tosca3

Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy_A

(58/auburn/green German living in Spain Like homemade hyaluronic acid serums and assorted DIY cosmetics too!)

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
tosca3 wrote:
I did use the search option (for Baby Quasar or other searches), but the problem is that it brings up a huge list of related and unrelated threads so I might as well just wade thru them.

Tosca3, if you select "Display results as posts" rather than threads in the Search option, and select "Return 1000 characters of posts" (on the bottom right), it will pull up only the related posts for you to read so that you don't have to wade through all the threads looking for stuff or be constantly clicking in and out of threads. It makes it soooo much easier!

I also find this pretty convenient: if you go to the EDS storefront, click on Baby Quasar, for example, then on the "Baby Quasar on our Forum" link at the top, EDS already has all the official "Baby Quasar" threads listed for us. Works with almost all the product lines that EDS carries.
tosca3

Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 Thank you sooo much for the very helpful search tips! Now I know... Rolling Eyes Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
tosca3 wrote:

Perhaps you already know this, if it matters; apparently the original price was something like $800(and wasn't moving very well). The $350 price tag was supposedly a temporary reduction in price to push sales and were supposed to be of limited quantities. The price was then gradually raised over recent years.

For me the "increase" while disappointing, did not stop me from purchasing it as I did not find the new price prohibitive for the results that I felt/ imagined I could achieve with the Quasar.

I must admit though I do not yet know if the quasar would deliver/ meet the expectations of my imagined "results" at the momemnt... Razz

Since there is a return policy, I am quite comfortable with making the purchase to test if it's worth the new price before I make a decision to keep it or not!

Good luck with your research! Wink
tosca3

Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Ambien, no I did not know about the original price...so I first ran across it whilst the price was somewhat reduced. That explains it.

Do you mind telling how long you have used it?

At 57 or so I noticed a sudden change in skin such as more upper lip lines and less than firm skin...and the neck too Crying or Very sad. I still look younger than my age, but would like to find something that will hold at bay or improve the natural aging process. Now at 58 my rather natural skin care choices just aren't enough. I think I am realistic in that I certainly don't expect skin as when I was 35, but I would like to keep up looking 10-15 years younger than my biological age. Wink

Thank you for your info!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:35 am      Reply with quote
No prob tosca...

Hmm, I had posted a reply to this, but somehow it has "disappeared"! Confused Perhaps I've forgotten to click the submit button?! Rolling Eyes

Anyways...

I've used it daily (cheeks & spots) for a week, mainly for Acne. 3 times on entire face.

Results for that are not significant thus far, other than a temporary reduction in Acne redness. I do have problems with lines and chicken skin on my neck, but have yet to try treating that as I have been too preoccupied with treating this recent depressing onslaught on adult acne!

Most users on the forum reports reduction in redness, glow and new plumpness of skin.

I am no expert, but I do think that even if all it does is "plumps" the skin, maintaining plump skin (even artifically) would help to prevent new wrinkles and fine lines from worsening.

But from the time I thought I had posted an earlier reply here till now (just a couple of hours), I noticed sometime nothing short of dramatic! If I could attribute this new change to BabyQ, it HAS to be doing something other than superficial plumping!

I had some strange nerve or muscle damage/ stress that had caused my right eyebrow to be significantly raised when I smile(at least an inch) since 5 yrs ago. I could never, try as I might, control the muscle and bring it down when I smile. An hour ago I accidently caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror while smiling... and voila! My brows are straight!!
Shock

I have absolutely no idea when it occured. The only recent change I had was using Clarisonic (4-6months) and BabyQ (1 week). I am still in shock, so I'd analyse what caused this change later.. have been smiling at myself in the mirror like an idiot since.. Embarassed

Apologies for long post...

Going back to my mirror now, still can't believe it happened Exclamation

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Ambien thank you for all the information and I agree with you that if the 'plumping' is the only thing happening, then that too is worth it. Better than nothing, no? Wink

And what a story about your eyebrow! I have a slightly droopy lower lid in my right eye due to an accident. So it seems to me that I too could be benefitted from it. No one seems to notice my eye, but I do and it bothers me to have to make adjustments in my eyemake up because of it to make it appear equal.

Possibly there is nerve regeneration that happened or better nerve/brain communication going on? Nerves are notoriously difficult to regenerate (if at all) but with the right conditions present, they can. Obviously something happened in your case! Wonderful! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Yes it is fantastic! This forum is such a great place to share and learn, I would never have learnt of LEDs otherwise! Very Happy

If you do decide on which LED system to purchase, do share if it has worked for your eyelid too? It would be quite exciting if my brow recovery was not a fluke! Think I may just start treating my whole family for different physical ailments and see how that works! haha

Good luck! Wink

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |