Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Aspirin mask consistency problem
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fergie232

Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but thought I'd join seeing as I have a question about the highly praised "aspirin mask"
I had read so much about the wonders of this aspirin mask,
and so decided I would try it out
after convincing my mom that it would not completely ruin or burn my skin as she put it (im 15, so my parents control everything Sad )
well I got my aspirin, honey and yoghurt for AHAs Razz
I dissolved the aspirin in a few drops of water
but i could not get a desired consistency
it was too watery and thin, not very much like a paste
The aspirins are generic 75mg , I dissolved about 4 of them, in one or two drops of water, and still too watery Sad
i know that they have to be non-coated,
but what difference does this make?
can anyone help at all?
-fergie
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I think that you just have to play around with it. Try crushing the aspirin first, and then add just a tiny drop of water. I use saline and add a very small amount, and then use a stirring stick (or my finger) to mush it up. If it's too thin, add more honey, or yogurt, or sugar (I use a lot of sugar in my face masks). Hope this helps. Pretend that you're in chemistry class. Laughing
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
some companies sell the aspirine in powder form as well, which might be better to use.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a whole bottle of aspirin as mask. I used to use 5 uncoatted aspiring and use as little as possible hot water to melt the tablets. And I will use a stirrer to press and stir the paste. It is a little bit thick if you dont add honey. It is Ok if you just apply on face without honey. You can scrub 10 minutes later. But do remember to have a hydrating mask after all.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |