Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Overwhelmed with so~ many different MMU out there!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Any of u ladies feel that way? I do! Embarassed There're so many out there and their ingredients are pretty much the same. The problem is...I can't really tell the difference between them when I applied it. They all look and feel the same to be honest. Some are higher priced than others. Some offer cheap or free samples. I'm really confused and overwhelmed by the so many selections of MMU out there. Whenever a new brand pop out, I am kinda tempted to go and try. But the problem is I still have 2 full sizes MMU that are still waiting to be used up. U know how long it takes to finish it up. Also, I have numerous samples sitting on my desk from previous orders that I made to try out the colors and texture. Sometimes I do feel stress and tired over it, any of u feel the same as me? Sry for venting but I would like to release some of my frustation here to the ladies here at EDS Laughing
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy, I feel your pain. I love the ease of mineral makeup and was always happy with Bare Escentuals but once I started reading about how many people disliked it and loved other ones I felt the need to start shopping around. I've tried a couple others and liked them fine but was not totally wowed by them. There are so many brands with so many shades I am leaning towards just sticking with my trusty BE.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Oh my,I know what you mean.I am anxiously waiting when my JI powder base runs out so that I can then try something different.I still don't know if I want to try JI in loose powder or one of the other gazillion products out there.Everything looks so tempting and being stuck to one brand makes you feel like you are missing out on something grand out there. Very Happy
P.S.-don't you think how it's so ridiculous that we are willing possibly to stumble upon something that will ruin our skin for a while rather than stick to what we know works-the curse of curiosity Rolling Eyes
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yeh, I ordered a lot of samples some time ago, and I haven't even had the time to play with all of them. Right now I have a full sample of a wonderful MMU , one that I still have to mix with a lighter color to find my match, but I kind of stick with that one right now.
It is addicting to keep searching for the ultimate HG that will 'make all your MMU dreams come true' but that might be a long, costly search, so I think I still have enough MMU for a couple of years... Very Happy. And I think a lot of brands are qualitywise really good, and do not differ that much, so it depends on what you like and what works for you.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have ANY MMU's (yet)and am always reading these MMU threads trying to figure out which one I want to go with. As far as I can tell I don't want Bismuth in it - and BE is said to be nororiously shiny.

any favorites w/o Bismuth?????
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried a lot of the bismuth free brands and I keep coming back to Jenulence. Their coverage is good (there are two different coverages), their prices are great and I LOVE their setting powder. It makes my skin look velvety and airbrushed. They also make the perfect pale green color corrector for red spots. This MMU isn't as creamy as some, but it stays on and if I'm having a flakier skin day, I set it by rubbing a drop of rose hip oil (evanhealy) in my palm and lightly pressing it on my face. They have a large color selection and you can get sample baggies sent through the mail for no shipping. All of their foundations are available in several sizes, which is great, if you don't want a full size jar. Sorry if this tempts you to try another brand!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
hzzyjane !!! haha u r really trying to tempt us to try or at least check out that brand. But I'm trying to resist my temptation for a bit until my shipment of the NCN Mineral Liquid arrived. If that doesn't do much for me, I might wanna try just reg. foundation cuz all this ordering samples online is really tiring & costly...
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I agree with mamawalnut, I am so surprised at all the people bashing BE. I love it, and have several friends and coworkers who love it too. I have 2 other kinds, and went back to BE. w
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin and have tried several different kinds of MMU.

By far, the best for my oily skin is Meow. Meow has NO SHINE and nice coverage. They have another powder I use too (can't remember if it is supposed to be a primer powder or a setting powder - I use it mixed with my actual foundation) to control oil/shine.

So, yeah, I highly recommend Meow.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I know, it must be a stupid question, but what is MINERAL make up?
what`s the difference from the usual one?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I don't have ANY MMU's (yet)and am always reading these MMU threads trying to figure out which one I want to go with. As far as I can tell I don't want Bismuth in it - and BE is said to be nororiously shiny.

any favorites w/o Bismuth?????

You can find a list with ingredients of the most MMU companies over here, so you can try to find your own MMU favorite. Personally I love Meowcosmetics and mineralboutique.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I agree - between the larger brands and the small home-based companies, there are sooo many. I think that a lot of the products are similar, so I've been paying attention to the speed of shipping and customer service.

The only foundation I've tried is from Everyday Minerals and I really like it (no bismuth). The shipping is fast and packaging is good. I was disappointed with something and e-mailed the company - I didn't flat out ask for my money back b/c I didn't think it was that much of a problem, but they would have gotten brownie points for offering - but they didn't.

The other company I liked is Silk Naturals - I have blush & eye shadow - fast shipping. I didn't need customer service so I can't say how that is. But I might consider trying her foundation when I start to get low on my Everyday Minerals.
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
After experimenting over the weekend, I will definitely write off Colorscience MME! YUK!
Tried the pressed and the one in the tube with the brush...love the concept...but not the product.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeext!!

V
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |