Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamins and supplements
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
What kinds of vitamins and supplements do you find keep wrinkles at bay?
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
omega 3, primerose oil (omega 6) and MSM powder
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi dleonard,

What results have you seen from your "cocktail"?
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
no specific results, but I know if would not take those supplements I would have more wrinkles, I'm 47 years old in two days, and yes I do have wrinkles, but I eat the right food (most of the time) like blueberries and salmons that are excellent to prevent wrinkles, take supplements, drink green tea and lots of water and exercise 2-3 times per week..........
Hope this helps Cool
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
One more question from a newbie here: What is MSM powder?

Thanks!
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
You can buy in a capsule, for me I open up the capsule and add it to my green drink in the morning. check this out

MSM comes from the ocean and is a prime source of bio-available sulfur, which is lost from our food because of storage, processing, drying, cooking and preserving. MSM is an important food (not a drug or medicine) and plays many roles in the body, including the stimulation of the growth of healthy skin, hair and nails. It is needed by the body for healthy connective tissues and joint function, proper enzyme activity and hormone balance, along with the proper function of the immune system.

Because bio-nutritional sulfur plays such a major role in these healthy body functions and others, Doctors Herschler and Jacob found that supplementation with MSM can improve many conditions such as: allergies, asthma, emphysema, lung dysfunction, arthritis, head aches, skin problems, stomach problems, digestive tract problems, circulation, cell osmosis and absorption.

What MSM Does:

MSM makes cell walls permeable, allowing water and nutrients to freely flow into cells and allowing wastes and toxins to properly flow out. The building blocks of the body, amino acids, are all sulfur binders and play a major role in the production of hormones and enzymes that regulate the body's activities.

The body uses MSM and vitamin C together to build healthy new cells. MSM provides the flexible bond between the cells. Without MSM, the new cell is not permeable, and osmosis is hampered. These cells lose their flexibility, like scar tissue, wrinkles, vericose veins, hardened arteries or the damaged lung tissues of a person with emphysema.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Will most definitely look into it. Thank you so much!
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
your welcome Wink
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
dlenoard, do u know what's the best age to take MSM?? Or it doesn't really matter? Btw, where can I get MSM capsules? Thanks!! Smile
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluronic Acid (search ABC's special 'The fountain of youth')

Vitamin C (Essential for the synthesis of new collagen & it is a strong antioxidant that can help reduce skin damage caused by free radicals)

Omega 3's & flax-seed oil (Skin & Hair)

MSM (MSM is a natural form of organic sulfur - strengthens collagen and plays a role in collagen production)

Evening Primrose Oil (Helps promote healthy skin, hair & nails)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'd like to know the answer to that question too. Also, is it safe to take while breastfeeding?
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Personally (I breastfeed for over two years) I would not take anything while breastfeeding without first checking with your doctor. Also be careful of the things that you are applying topically while BFing.

Not worth the risk - better to wait

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, best to wait. Another reminder that I'm not number one anymore! Sad
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Biosil brand silica (orthosilicic acid) is very important for promoting collagen formation. Good for the bones and joints, hair and nails, too. I never have split ends and my hair and nails grow like weeds. Also, sugars cause cross-linking of the collagen fibers. That means wrinkles!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I used to take Biosil with MSM and glutamine but couldn't tell any difference. How long did it take for you to determine a benefit?
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
PS- silica is safe to use while breastfeeding. It's a mineral like calcium or zinc. Most of us don't get enough minerals, and they are truly the building blocks of our bodies.
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
dlenoard, do u know what's the best age to take MSM?? Or it doesn't really matter? Btw, where can I get MSM capsules? Thanks!!

I don't know, check with your doctor to make sure.

Yes silica is very good, I use to take it, but I take so many Vit and Supp, i HAD TO TAKE SOMETHINGS OUT.
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hee Hee- I understend the whole taking WAY too many supplements thing! I've worked in the nutritional supplement field for 12 years and I've scaled way back from the handfuls I used to take!
I wasn't taking Biosil for my skin, so I can't say how long it took because I wasn't paying that much attention. All I know is that now that I'm 30, my skin looks a lot younger than my friends' who are my age. Another over-looked skin nutrient is the carotenoid family. These help resist and reverse sun damage. That means eating yellow, orange and GREEN veggies! I've read more than one story about raw foodists who saw their lines and pigmentation fade away from eating a lot of greens. Interestingly enough, they also say their skin doesn't burn as quickly in the sun anymore.That's the power of internal carotenoids. If you think you eat enough greens, double or triple that amount.

I make a hard-core smoothie almost every day and I fill half my blender with dark leafy greens (spinach, chard, mesclun, parsley, kale, etc.) and the other half with fruit, esp. high antioxidant ones. Then I add water, hemp or fermented soy protein, flax oil (1-2 TB) or chia seed (high in omega 3) and blend the heck out of it. It makes about a quart and I have one serving in the morning and another at work, later. I tell you, taking your omega 3's by the spoonful really helps! It takes about 12-14 1000mg. softgels of flax or fish oil to equal 1 TB of oil. You're probably not getting as much as you really need. If you put it in a smoothie, you'll never taste it! You'll also absorb a lot more nutrients form the fruit and leafy's because your blender chews them up better than you do:)
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
wow! chia seeds?? where do you goet that?? I heard about it thru Dr Oz.......... the hyaluronic acid, should it be taken oral or as a serum for face and neck
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hzzyjane: I envy your dedication to health!! How does your smoothie taste?!

I recently saw a special with Dr. Oz about aging and the skin on the Discovery Channel. It was so interesting! Did anyone else see this?

Subjects ate a tablespoon of tomato paste every day for a month and it showed that by doing this, their skin was more protected from sunburn.

Also, there were these twin girls...one drank lots of water every day, the other was restricted from drinking any water. After a week, they compared their skin, and there was NO difference! I find that SO hard to believe! I know if I don't stay hydrated, I notice a difference in my skin.

Regarding supplements....I took Silica gel a while back for about 2 months. I did notice a difference in my hair, skin and nails. Even my eyelashes were thicker!
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my chia seeds from a website called "raw reform" -they charge a reasonable price. I think it was 8.00/lb. Some Whole Foods stores carry them in bulk from Frontier. Chia tastes a lot like flax, but is much higher in antioxidants and nutrients. I don't think they have to be ground to be digested, like flax seeds do, but I like to grind mine. I usually like the taste of my scary-looking green smoothies (my husband thinks I'm nuts;) but I have made a couple of awful ones involving mustard greens or dandelion greens! Yuck!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
a good place to buy vitamins and supplements is Vitacost.com - excellent prices on everything.

They have MSM powdered form - this is what I take. Also lecithin, brewers yeast, silica by jarrow and almost any others you are interested in.

Plus they charge a low, flat fee for shipping no matter what amount you purchase.
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
CMAYC! I saw that programme too on the BBC here a while back, it was really interesting wasn't it. With the twins, I thought it was odd that although the test results were statistically showing little difference, I could see that one of the twins had a fresher look to her face than the other one. Did you think that you could see a discrepancy between the twins too?
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Last year I became very interested in raw food and made my husband a raw lasagna for dinner one night. It was great. But the poor man wasn't in the mood for a raw meal. Also, very labor intensive.

Would love to do more green smoothies, but it's challenging to keep the ingredients on hand.
hzzyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
You can make up a big batch of green smoothies and it will keep in the fridge for several days. Sometimes I don't have anything fancy to put in it and I end up using romaine and bananas and frozen berries and a handful of raw nuts. It's not hard to keep these on hand.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |