Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Lumines Airbrush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saj4071
5% products discount

Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Luminess Airbrush makeup yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have it and really like it. I have the pro model, it gives beautiful coverage. Very Happy
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
really? a perfect coverage for flaws?
i want to have a try too Embarassed
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
anyone know the correct website??? Ive tried 3 different spellings and CANT find it.

I also dont get the infomercial - it states you get a 30 day trial - but i dont remember there being a price quoted. Anyone know how this works???

THANKS!!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,www.luminessair.com The pro model was about $300.00 iirc.
maryshopper
5% products discount

Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
If this works so well, How come so many people are reselling them on EBAY? On a scale of 1 to 10 what would you rate this? Also is their any brands you can use in them besides luminess?
annlee4636
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this in the end of Jan, it arrived beginning of Feb so I guess I have used it for a little over a month.

I ordered the pro system. I really like this product. I have never used airbrush system for makeup before so I cant compare. The only think I have used is the SKII one...but that's not really airbrushing and didn't work for me.

It is really easy to use, and fast for me. I get good coverage, but I do still use a concealer (out of habit) for few scars, and the wonderful red broken vein thingies around my nose. I will try to lay off of the concealer, because this does give beautiful coverage that you can build on.

I'm still having trouble with spraying on the blush...I tend to over do it...

The company seems new still (they said), so me being a Canadian I am not eligible to be part of their club. They over charge for shipping internationally.

Customer Service is iffy, I have been told I cannot be part of the club, then I was allowed and they already shipped out the member package. Then I was told again I am not part of it and nothing was shipped out.

A girl friend of mine had some Temptu airbrush makeup, I asked if I can try using it with Luminess air machine. It was awful, did not spray as good. If I ever have enough money in the future, I would love to try the temptu machine.

After using Luminess Air:
-I will forever airbrush my foundation on.
-I hope to find another airbrush system just as good or better that can be easily purchased as a Canadian.
-Or finding another foundation that would work with this machine. (if anyone knows of one please tell me)
maryshopper
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that info. I really appreciate it. I'm surprised more people aren't using it. If anyone else has any info on this please respond.
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
annlee4636 -I don't understand, you said the Temptu was awful, but was that because you used it with a different system than it was supposed to be used with?

If I misunderstood, what did you prefer about the Temptu?

What did you dislike about the SKII airtouch?

Thanks -
annlee4636
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I did not like the SKII on me because it would not stay on. If I touched my face with my finger, I would have a finger print on my face, or when my hair touches my face I would have lines. It tried several primers, and moisturizers, even with none and it would not stay put. I love how it looked on my face. I have to admit though it felt so light, and gave me a glowing flawless face. I need something that can last though.

Temptu has two types of airbrush foundations according to their site and my friend. S/B (can also be used as a regular foundation without airbrush) and Aqua foundation (water based). I found the makeup itself thicker and gave a matte look...These foundations however clog the Luminess airbrush, the makeup tends to come out in spurts, instead of a fine mist.

I want to buy the Temptu airbrush machine because I figured (unsure) it can use all types of makeup, thin or thick.

After writing about this I googled airbrushing cosmetics and found good reviews about Dinair...so knowing me a cosmetic junkie I probably will try that makeup on this machine also. I also found 02 cosmetics, I ordered a bottle of it to test out on Luminess. I will come back and tell all of you about that.

Luminess is for a dewy look not matte, feels good and light and does last on my face. I prefer mattes so I do pat on powder. Like I said this is the first one I have ever purchased so I cant really compare it to other machines. I only wish it was easier to purchase the foundation and that it was more versatile with other foundations.

My skin: I am very dry during the winter. I always had issues with acne, but now i break out once a month. I tend to be a little shiny on my nose and above my brows. My skin is light in color with yellow tones (I'm Chinese)with a little pink. The skin around my eyes is a lot darker than the rest of my face, and I do have many faded acne scars.

Hope all this rambling make sense....I'm writing this while at work...apologize if its confusing.
Carla0

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hello,
anyone know how the lumines airbrush works on older women faces?
thanks

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I'd be interested also in anyone's comment on whether airbrushing is effective on an older woman's face...i.e. deep wrinkles that are accentuated by deposits from dry mineral makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this particular product, but I absolutely love SK-II Airtouch Spray - and I'm 42. It goes on beautifully, even over fine lines.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |