Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
HELP! I have red uneven skin and I need to know what works!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aprovost

Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I am looking at an overwhelming amount of products and don't know what to do. I get occasional breakouts but not bad, I am mid thirties so anti-aging is a concern but mostly I want to be able to stop covering up my red patches with make up. Can anyone tell me an EXACT product that helps remove Hyperpigmentation and evens out skin tone? I've heard Retinol and AHA but I need to know what products exactly do you use that give a more even and glowing skin result. THANK YOU so much for your help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:59 am      Reply with quote
what kind of red patches is it?
I've read on skinactive about something like this.
Maybe you'll find something from them. Just search "skinactive".
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I understand your issues with red skin. I have 'splotches' - don't know how else to describe them. I tend to use more makeup because I'm always trying to even out the tone of my skin. A few things that have helped me:

1. A skin smoothing cream with 8% glycolic acid (I use Reversa) - I wake up with even tone that seems to last, and requires less makeup. Mind you, depending on what is causing your redness, glycolic acid could irritate sensitive skin.

2. Dermalogica sebum clearing masque, has clay like properties, but it calms my skin down a lot.

3. Avene creams for roesacae (sp?). they work, unfortunately I can't tolerate the mineral oil in Avene products.

I don't think these are necessarily the best or even long term solutions. You have to do some experimenting to see what works for your particular skin. Coming to this forum is a great way to get other people's opinions. Good luck in finding what works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
aprovost wrote:
I am looking at an overwhelming amount of products and don't know what to do. I get occasional breakouts but not bad, I am mid thirties so anti-aging is a concern but mostly I want to be able to stop covering up my red patches with make up. Can anyone tell me an EXACT product that helps remove Hyperpigmentation and evens out skin tone? I've heard Retinol and AHA but I need to know what products exactly do you use that give a more even and glowing skin result. THANK YOU so much for your help!
Apro, try the Aloette product line specifically the Lumitone HP or for instant results use Flawless HP Rapid Skin Perfection. This product is superb for evening out your complexion by reducing redness in the skin. I know, cuz I use it. This is a yellow, yes yellow silky silicone type product that just totally evens out your skin color. You need very little and than over that you can apply your regular cosmetics or go for a no makeup look or you'll end up using very little makeup period! Don't we all want that?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
hello,

If you are prone to redness, I'd stay away from ahas in general. They irritate the skin--they are acids. I'd definitely go for a rosacea-friendly line, or something that is known to reduce redness in general. I think there are some fabulous lines on EDS to choose from. I personally use Osea, and they have a wonderful cream called "advanced protection cream" and a deep pore cleanser called Ocean cleansing mud, which exfoliates and invigorates the skin without causing redness (read reviews on this forum). I believe Avene makes a great anti-redness serum, too!
as far as retin-a goes, if you did decide to add a retinoid into your regimen for anti-acne and/or -aging, then you should at the very least proceed with much caution, as they, too, can cause inflammation and redness.

Good luck!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
aprovost wrote:

My suggestion is Avene Retrinal. It's a retinoid that comes in three strengths you can start with the lowest strength and work your way up. They sell it on dermstore.com.
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Redness is one thing and hyperpigmentation is another. Hyperpigmentation (aka melasma or age spots) is more brownish in color.

I agree with an earlier poster to look for products made for rosacea or stressed skin or redness relief creams - I think Aveeno has one, Clinique has one and Eucerin. I'm sure some high end brands have them, too. Products that address true hyperpigmentation might irritate you.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
jurlique calendula cream really seems to help with my redness!
LionQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would see a derm and ask about Finacea ... it'll help with the breakouts and the red patches.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
U sounded like having a sensitive skin. Try Valmont products that work on mine. =)
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
What is causing the redness? Do you have allergies, particular sensitivities? Have you been diagnosed with rosacea? These things should be answered in order for you to find the best skincare regimen.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
jurlique calendula cream seems to help me with red splotches i get from time to time (if i react badly to a product- my skin is very sensitive- or if i've been overexfoliating)
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that anything with sea buckthorn in it will help calm redness
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |