Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Need a good serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using the L'Occitane Olive Radiance cream as my day and night cream and I love it but I would like to add an anti-aging serum to my night time regime with the Olive cream. My main concern I guess is expression lines that are starting to show (I'm almost 25). I was wondering if anyone may have any suggestions. I was looking at the one from Juice Beauty...I belive it was the green apple one but I'm very open to suggestions! All your help has steered me in the right direction in the past!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
My suggestion is IS Clinical Polyvitamin serum.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I had good results with Night Nutrients from Aveda.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to try IS Clinical but unfortunitly they are not available for Canada.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the juice beauty serum, and really love it. It may be a little strong though if you have sensitive skin.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
My skin isn't sensitive at all so I may be okay with it. I'm just looking for something that is really effective and absorbs well!!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
You may try vitamin C serum. However, so many to choose from here at EDS.... Sad

jenw wrote:
I am currently using the L'Occitane Olive Radiance cream as my day and night cream and I love it but I would like to add an anti-aging serum to my night time regime with the Olive cream. My main concern I guess is expression lines that are starting to show (I'm almost 25). I was wondering if anyone may have any suggestions. I was looking at the one from Juice Beauty...I belive it was the green apple one but I'm very open to suggestions! All your help has steered me in the right direction in the past!
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I guess I never realized just how many serums were actually out there! I have been looking at a few from PSF because they seems to have a loyal following. I was kinda interested in the HA Serum or the Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum but I'm really not too sure about how anti-aging these products are. Does Retinol come in a serum form? Maybe I'm better off just going with an anti aging cream for night in the L'occitane line!
LionQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like Vivant's Spin Trap (vitamins C & E). You can read up on it at the betterhealthyskin website.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
^ ^ ^

Hi LionQueen and welcome to EDS! I recognize you from the acne boards. It's great to have your expansive knowledge here, too!!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
LionQueen
5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I'm more concerned about aging skin than acne these days, so I may be here more often.
amybrown
5% products discount

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Gigi's Lotus Beauty Moisturizing Serum with Hyaluronic Acid for a long time and love the way it feels on my skin. I apply it twice daily (in the morning and night). It is suitable for all skin types. I also recently purchased a new antiaging kit online called the Newtox Treatment Line by Lon Cosmetics that looks very promising (it includes it's own serum too). As you can tell I love products from Israel. I really believe that the Dead Sea's salt and minerals work wonders on skin!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've hearc good things about Hyaluronic Acid, think I'll try it.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I got a 1 oz sample of AlphaDerma CE with 10% Argeline in my most recent Beauty Test Tube. I really like it. It combines a number of actives.

EDS carries it - the 1 oz. is $60 but the 4oz. is $109 (a better "bargain"):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-face-care-m_303_585.htm
When you go to the link, you will find links to many EDS reviews of it there.

Quote:
Description:
The clinical ingredients in AlphaDerma CE are what make it so effective. ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-AH3 (ARGIRELINE) relaxes facial muscle contractions to smooth out fine lines and depth of wrinkles. ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, VITAMIN C ESTER and DMAE is already recognized as a clinical treatment to combat skin aging. Alpha Lipoic Acid, the most potent antioxidant on the market today, helps repair aged skin while preventing future damage. VITAMIN C ESTER (ascorbyl palmitate) boosts protective antioxidant action and helps repair past damage by aiding new collagen production. DMAE often called “facelift in a jar”, helps Firm and Tighten the skin. ELASTIN is the main ingredient in the skin that allows it to stretch without leaving marks. AlphaDerma CE contains 100% rare, costly, freeze-dried powdered ELASTIN concentrate – which has almost 100% amino acid content. This makes our ELASTIN 10x more potent than any other standard ELASTIN products used in the U.S. or abroad. COLLAGEN is an integral part of the support structure of the skin. The addition of our collagen to the formulation fills in unwanted fine lines and wrinkles.

Useage:
1 Cleanse and dry desired area of treatment
2 Massage gently into desired area.
3 For optimal results use twice daily

Ingredients:
Demineralized Spring Water, Acetyl Hexapeptide 3(ARGIRELINE), Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerine, Olive Oil, Oxybenzone, Soybean Oil, Stearic Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Soluble Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), DMAE Bitartrate, Aloe Vera Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cetyl Alcohol, Simethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth--20, Tea Carbomer 940, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |