Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suggest Sunscreen Hat/Cap covering face while driving car
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hey All,
I sometimes see mostly Chinese/Asian girls wearing cap (over head)that has net material kind of shield in front that cover their front face at same time they can see through it.
I have very sensitive skin and interested in buying for me. I goggled it but all I found is sunscreen hat and cap but without that front face covering shield.
Can anybody please help me finding one.
I know my description is cap is it weired Confused but that is all i cud make out from seeing it from distance. Please help

5% products discount

Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
You could take a look at coolibar dot com, they have something similar to what I think you are talking about. Be sure to look at the men's hat's because I think that is where I saw the protective face wrap at.
Coolibar also has some other really great items for sun protection, I have been thinking of ordering a few things for myself. I have a Tilley Hat from Tilley dot com that I just love. I got the one with the really big brim and it does a great job of blocking the sun, it just is not exactly that fashionable for wearing anywhere other than around my own yard.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have the "Welder's visor" (it's not the real name) you mentioned. Originally it's designed for ladies who play golf. Designed in Korea, its shield has UVA, UVB protection. The shield part can move forward, backward, and side ways. I think now they have 2 sizes. The "real" thing is about $25.00 each. If you're in Los Angeles area, from China town, Korean town, Monterey Park, Alhambra... all the way to Rowland Heights, they all have it.

HTH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
haha...I see women wearing these all the time in LA and its makes me laugh. I was thinking of buying one for my mom she has hyperpigmentation on one side from driving. Thanks!
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
yomama606 wrote:
haha...I see women wearing these all the time in LA and its makes me laugh. I was thinking of buying one for my mom she has hyperpigmentation on one side from driving. Thanks!

I know its funny. Even I used to laugh when i initially came to Us.
Sad But now i know its importance. Sun Rays r so high here in California and always get major sun burn.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I have the "Welder's visor" (it's not the real name) you mentioned. Originally it's designed for ladies who play golf. Designed in Korea, its shield has UVA, UVB protection. The shield part can move forward, backward, and side ways. I think now they have 2 sizes. The "real" thing is about $25.00 each. If you're in Los Angeles area, from China town, Korean town, Monterey Park, Alhambra... all the way to Rowland Heights, they all have it.

HTH.

Thanks allot MACrisis for your reply. From your description It seems this is exactly what I am talking about. Do you by any chance know where I can find it in CA. I live in Bay area...I will look in SAn fran chaina town...
DO you have in weblink for this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Ritas:

Sorry, I do not have any links. As I mentioned earlier from China Town to Rowland Heights in Southern Calif, lots of stores have them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I would love to know where to buy one of these. I don't live in LA but thanks for the heads up.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I dont wear a hat but I put a thick strip of contact type paper over the upper 7 inches of front windshield.Also,I blackened out the passenger windows; and I have a piece of cardboard I keep on the dash that fits onto the drivers side window-when the sun is on that side I put it on the window to black it out.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this apply to other States in the US but in California, you can tint your windshield only 6 inches on the top. I don't remember the % of the tint. You can not tint your driver side or passanger side windows. Why I know?? I got pulled over for tinted windshield, driver side & passanger windows. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I know that I live in Ca. but its ok to cover the passenger back windows and the cardboard shield I put on the drivers side(only when the sun comes thru depending on time of day, comes off easily if I see a cop I take it down immediately.I can still see fine in the side view mirror though but honestly this is the only way to keep the sun from hitting my face,I do a LOT of driving in S. California...like almost 400 miles a week!If I did NOT do this I would have a lot of melasma on my face...so far I only have 1 tiny spot left(of course on the left side probably because of the sun when I didnt use the shield.)
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |