Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What? No American Idol thread yet? Or did I miss it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
If there's no American Idol thread yet, I'm going to start one for 2008.

My fav male Idol is Michael Johns.

For the female, I like Asia'h. But that may change without notice. haha

Who do you cheer for?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love this thread..What a good idea..

My favorite girl is Carly Smithson

My favorite guy is....hmmm...that young 17 year old. I think his name is David..

And I love, love, love Simon.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
The 17-year-old boy is very talented. His name is David, and like you, I don't recall his last name either.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
His last name is Archulata (spelling???), he's a cutie and really, really good.
I really like Carly Smithson too.
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite guy is David Archuleta, I hope he wins the entire thing! He is just too cute.

For girls I like Brooke and I think that Kady needs to be kicked off. She should have been the one to go last week and not Alaina.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently David Archuleta and David Hernandez already have record companies courting them. So they'll have careers now, whether they win or not. Which makes me want someone else to win -- to get as many "winners" as possible.

Girls? Carly and Amanda. Carly has already had a failed CD out there, in 2001. Perhaps a win here will give her another chance. Some really remarkable performers, now.

I live in L.A., in case you can't tell. This is like the local talent show, for us. :-\

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I like the girl who sang "Love is a Battlefield" - Brooke something. I think she is very talented.

The guys don't do much for me yet, although I think David is great, I don't see him being and "American Idol"...maybe star of High School Musical 3 or Broadway, but don't know if there is a market for him on mainstream radio.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
No surprise in the guys who got eliminated. I was a bit surprised Asia'h got booted, but oh well. I kinda agree with the voters. She did not pick the right song this week. This year's American Idol has a lot of talents for sure. The guy David Cook who did Hello was really good, or at least I liked what he did with Hello.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I was really surprised with Asia'h too, I really liked her.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I really think it's unfair that they vote off 2 and 2. I think it should just be the lowest amount of votes to get the boot.

It was a shame that Asia got voted off, when several of the guys that are left, aren't near as good as she was.

Tain't fair I tell ya.... hmm

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Asia's was a cutie for sure. I was impressed that she could still sing after hearing the news that her dad died just two days before the audition. I would have been a huge mess if I were Asia'h and got that kind of news. Poor thing!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I predict that Kristy Lee Cook will go home tonight. Her performace last night was terrible, and all 3 judges (yup, even sweet Paula) said they didn't like it.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think a guy will win this year. My favorites are David Archuleta, Michael Johns and David Cook.

My favorite female is Carley Smithson.

I think that Kristy Cook will leave tonight.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I predict that Kristy Lee Cook will go home tonight. Her performace last night was terrible, and all 3 judges (yup, even sweet Paula) said they didn't like it.

I second this! Even Paula who literally has something good to say about EVERYONE said that she didn't like it---- I was totally shocked. (It's OK Paula, I hated it too!) My favorite so far is Brooke!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ya know...as mean as Simon could be sometimes, I actually like to listen to his opinion since I know it's brutally honest, and I find myself nodding in agreement. I don't remember which singer last night was singing, and when he finished, I said out loud, "boring!" Then right after that, Randy said, "man, that was boring for me," and Paula agreed. It might have been the one done by Jason (the guy with long hair).

Winnie, I agree with you. Those 3 guys are my favorites, too. David Cook was amazing last week with his version of Hello. Even Simon said if Idol was a true talent contest, and not a popularity contest, he thought David Cook would win it. He's doing well for sure. I like Mike Johns (he's so cute), and David Archuleta, too. Although David stumbled with the lyrics last night, I don't think he'd be voted off though.

Liz, my son said Paula would never say bad things about anyone, and if the singer was really bad, she'd compliment her on her hairstyle or clothes. lol Paula is such a sweetheart. She's the complete opposite of Simon.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh! I tvo'd it last night, and will tonight as well, because I just can't take all of the commercial breaks...

I can't wait to see it now....argh!

I'm still rooting for David Archuletta + Carly Smithson... Dancing Dancing

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
David Cook is very talented. I predict the next show he will have a new hairstyle. He is a nice looking guy but the right style would enhance his appeal.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
aaaarrrggg, I can't believe David Hernandez got the boot. I really liked him, Kristy should have gone!!!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jenny1970 wrote:
aaaarrrggg, I can't believe David Hernandez got the boot. I really liked him, Kristy should have gone!!!

Yeah, that was definitely surprising to me, too. I'm sure she will go next though. She is not very talented.

I agree with you, Winnie, that David Cook could be more attractive with a different hairdo. He's definitely got talent!
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Holy cow, I am still shocked Carly ended up in the bottom 3. She totally should not have been there. She's one of the best they've got. I'm happy she at least wasn't voted out.
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Did you catch Brooke White mentioning Nova Scotia?? Her husband apparently is from Cole Harbour (for any of you fellow Nova Scotians).
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
In MHO Carly is #1. She blows everyone else away. Unfortunately, it has never been "all about the singing".

Maybe they should try a season, where everybody sings behind a screen, and all you hear is the voice.. That is the only way, it would be based solely on the voice, with none of the drama, looks etc.. getting in the way of the "voice".

With that said, I still love David Archuletta, and I'm now a huge fan of the David rocker kid. (He's totally getting my attention!)

K

P.S. I'm so glad that "rocker, Harley, nurse" girl got the boot.....She stunk!......In MHO..

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I like both David Cook (the rock star) and David Archuleta (the 17 y.o. kid). I thought David Cook was a little smug this week, and I could see Simon was getting irritated by that. I think he should remain humble like Archuleta who no matter how much the judges compliment him, he just smiles sweetly and says thank you. That humility will take him far. He's too cute.

I was never a big fan of Amanda because she didn't smile much even when all the judges were singing praises for her performance. So I was not disappointed that she got out.

Not sure what was up with last week performances. Lots of people did so poorly. Mike Johns was completely a disaster. I think he stayed in because of his looks. So were Jason Castro and Brooke White.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really thinking this is the best "IDOL" ever! What a talented bunch they are.

David Cook was unbelievable tonight with that "Billie Jean" rendition..WOW!

havana8

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm really thinking this is the best "IDOL" ever! What a talented bunch they are.

David Cook was unbelievable tonight with that "Billie Jean" rendition..WOW!

I thought so too! Totally hot performance--he's the real deal. I like that we aren't having to make do with what's there, so to speak, this season. They genuinely have some serious talent this season.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |