Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
As promised - Review of DERMAXIME eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Back in November last year, I received the Dermaxime eye cream.

Here's the link to the eye cream: http://www.dermaxime.com/in/eye-wrinkle-cream.htm

I promised everyone I'd do a full review after I finish the bottle. Now with my last pump the eye cream is struggling to come out, so I figured I must be finally finishing up the bottle. This eye cream lasted me 4 full months although I admit I did forget to use it a few times. If I was religious about using it every day AM and PM, it might only last 3 months.

My initial result was really good. I felt the eye cream was very hydrating, and it helped to combat the undereye crepyness. But I'm not sure what went south, but the result did not seem to continue. Could products max out on delivering good results?

This eye cream, to me, is decent, but nothing to really write home about. It got a ton of good ingredients (just check their web site), but I don't know if it's just me, or it doesn't really do too much for everyone else, too. I do find that my skin is resistant to actives, and so I don't want to blame it all on the product. The highly touted True Radiance eye cream that everyone on EDS raved so much about did nothing for me other than to help lift up my top lids a bit when I use it.

If I were to give this product a rating, it would have to be 3 out of 5 stars.
havana8

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like we all felt somewhat similar about the product, unfortunately. Wink Aimee3 and I posted our experiences in the other thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12383&highlight=dermaxime
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, it is hard to find good eye cream for me. I am going to try L'Oreal Revitalift next. It's only $17. I hope it works. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Yeah, it is hard to find good eye cream for me. I am going to try L'Oreal Revitalift next. It's only $17. I hope it works. Very Happy

The L'Oreal Revitalift is surprisingly good, especially the gel part for the upper eye. Just be forewarned, that you need to give it a couple of good whacks on the counter top before your first use..(I bleieve it tells you that on the box) Air always finds it's way into these pump bottles. Oh, and a little goes a very long way. A tiny squirt of each side does the trick for both eyes..

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

The L'Oreal Revitalift is surprisingly good, especially the gel part for the upper eye. Just be forewarned, that you need to give it a couple of good whacks on the counter top before your first use..(I bleieve it tells you that on the box) Air always finds it's way into these pump bottles. Oh, and a little goes a very long way. A tiny squirt of each side does the trick for both eyes..

K

LOL - I was really laughing out loud when I read that I had to give it a couple of good whacks because I was trying to picture myself doing it. Laughing Thanks so much for the tip! I ordered it from CVS.com. I hope it works well. I am running out of eye creams and haven't really been using anything for a week now.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 am      Reply with quote
LOL, it's a good way to get some frustration out!

I hope you like it. It really tightens up the little bit of crepiness I have on my upper lids. And you really need to use just the tiniest bit for both eyes.. Wink

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

K

What I worry about with gels for the upper eye is that it will get tacky and feel wierd, so I've never tried them. I'll have to look at the product now but have visions of me giving a good whacks and having product leaking out both ends...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Rufus, I know what you mean about the tackiness of most gels, but it's not the case with the Revitalift. It absorbs in very quickly.

Just be sure to use only a very tiny amount if you try it. A 1/2 squirt is enough for both eyes and then some.

As for the 'whacks', do it before the first use, and then again only if it doesn't come out.

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks again. That's very reassuring about the revitalift. I figured L'Oreal must be doing something right since I just love their L'Oreal Vive Pro shampoo and conditioner. My hair is almost fully recovered from whatever distressed it, and I give credit to L'Oreal Vive Pro.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll try that for my hair.

Between coloring it, and the hot Florida sun, it's really distressed and dry.

Thanks for the tip!

luvmakeup1000
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
What about the face2flaunt line eliminator for under the eyes, on some other threads people have said they used it there and had good results. I was thinking about trying it but they don't sell it here and I googled it and can't find it.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:04 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564&start=150

Not sure if any of you are interested in DIY, but if you are, the recipe I posted on pg 7 of the above link is great for wrinkles around the eyes.

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26564&start=150

Not sure if any of you are interested in DIY, but if you are, the recipe I posted on pg 7 of the above link is great for wrinkles around the eyes.

Hi Kassy,
Thanks for posting the recipe. I hope you don't mind I posted a copy here for reference:

Quote:
4 TBS base cream or lotion (I use lotion)
1 tsp Argeriline
1 tsp Hyaluronic Acid
1/2 tsp Matrixyl 3000
1/2 tsp Wheat Protein
1/2 tsp Idebenone

You can get a good base cream/lotion from TPF which has preservatives in it already. Sometimes I just use a decent drug store cream as my base. Just make sure whatever you use, doesn't have mineral oil in it.

All of the actives can be bought at;

http://www.thepersonalformulator.com
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com
http://www.cellbone.com

Cellbone is my favorite. The prices are great, and they send you full size freebies with your order.

I heard that argireline can cause sagging especially around the eyes for prolonged usage. Have you had any problem with argireline?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
The Argireline absolutely helps to erase wrinkles for me...Are you sure you didn't confuse it with DMAE, now that really causes sagging for some people.

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm with you Kassy, on the Argirlene. I'm not sure if there is actually anything documented regarding the skin sagging via argirlene use. A lot of people take precautions and don't use it directly under the eyes for that reason. I'd be curious to know if there are studies documenting this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
This link should be helpful.

http://www.beautyproductscompared.com/argireline-review?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Product

The important thing to know with Argireline, is to keep the concentration at not less than 5, and not more than 10%.

HTH
K

bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, I got the Revitalift eye cream and I like it, but I don't have the gel you were talking about. It's just cream. But I like it. So far so good. Very Happy Thank you!
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wait, DMAE causes sagging? I thought it's supposed to firm the skin. I might've missed that thread. Please give me the highlights. Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, but I don't remember where I saved this quote from.

{"When it works, the results are often noticeable but not dramatic. DMAE has not been observed to reverse facial sag that already exists on your face. However, it could slow the development of facial sagging as you age. People with epilepsy or bipolar disorder should not use DMAE. Side effects are possible, including gastrointestinal problems, body odor, drowsiness, increased blood pressure, depression, confusion, or irritability. DMAE should not be used by pregnant or breast-feeding women, unless given by a doctor."}

I also read somewhere on a dermatology website that DMAE has caused 'cell death' in some people that have used it topically, which resulted in additional sagging. And I also read that it shouldn't be taken internally and topically, but rather one or the other..

I was totally bummed, because I had just purchased a huge bottle of capsules, and then was afraid to use it.

It's still sitting in my cupboard.... Sad

Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was ready to buy regular-sized DMAE from PSF. I guess I'll find another firming product then. Still scared of copper peptide. Thank you.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think if you search DMAE on EDS, you could find several threads on how DMAE could have negative effects. I got a bit scared, so I stopped using the IFP DMAE spray I bought. I never really noticed any results from using it anyway, so I guess no huge loss.

There's some discussion on here, too, about argiriline causing sagging in the lids or eye area. So if that worries you, maybe you can refrain from using it too close to the eyes?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |