Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 steps:
Seriously irritated my skin, I had to see my doctor to get better.

I have to mention a few cleaners here, they are all cream cleaners, most people would find them work well. However my skin felt very tight and sometimes even developed little rash on my face. Later I find out that they all have pH value higher than 7.

Elizabeth Arden 2in1 cleanser
Estee Lauder Splash Away (old version, haven't used the new version yet)
Borghese Cleansing Creme
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
clinique Mad
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Any Cover Girl products !
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
NEUTROGENA. UGH.

I had mild acne about 5-6 years ago from the time I was 12-14. I thought it was because I wasn't washing my face properly (or at all...I tried not to because it didn't feel right). I tried a lot of products back then, and Neutrogena face cleanser was one of them. SIMPLY HORRID. It dried my skin to crap and I mean DRIED- I couldn't change my facial expression without feeling pain, so I had to walk around apathetic for a day or two. I was like a reptile. Those products are for women who have absolutely no skin care problems whatsoever- aka, for women who don't even need them. Skip big name brands like this one.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Neutrogena critque. I once purchased their cleanser for sensitive skin and had a terrible reaction. My skin felt very dry immediately after washing but the horror truly began the next day when I woke up to find my face had swelled up like a watermelon with a colour to match. It was dreadfully painful not to mention extremely unattractive. That one time was my last time of ever using Neutorgena and I swear I will never attempt to use any of their products again.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
neutrogena.. none of their products work for me and for having so many acne products.... they actually gave me worse acne.
same goes for murad acne complex kit. it made my face red and cysty and really tender/swollen? for about 2 months until i realized it wasnt gonna work
cetaphil cleanser AND moisturizer.. the cleanser makes me break out bigtime and so does the moisturizer (but not as much)

basically anything i use thats thats suppost to fight acne actually makes it worse
kinheart

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I used Clinique years ago and i agree HORRIBLE. I'm currently using Mary Kay which they have an excellent skin care line Smile
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Aubrey Vegecell night treatment. Terrible smell and greasy feel, woke up with a layer on my face.

Haha, I forgot about this stuff.

Man, imagine my pain when I ordered it untried from the Aubrey site x TWO! The ingredients looked so awesome and they had a special...

What a horrid product Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:17 am      Reply with quote
yes,clinique is really no gd.cause me very bad patches which took some time to get back to norm.
Natz87
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
i have to agree with alot of others that clinique is horrid.

i started using the mini samples when i was about 15, and it seemed really good so i bought the big ones. my skin has never been so bad very dry , loads of breakouts and some weird bumpy rash ewwww Exclamation
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees lip balms have peppermint oil which makes my lips burn and sting. Ouch! (Rachel Perry uses spearmint oil, which doesn't burn and instead helps to heal chapped lips.)

Dove products are so HEAVILY perfumed, beware if you're prone to perfume headaches.

Garnier Fructis moisturizing shampoo turned my fine hair into a nest of brutal tangles.

Clinique 3-step is great for masochists who enjoy pain.Laughing
particle
5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
It seems everyone hates Clinique.

I have used several products. Although i don't like most of them very much, there is one great product i think: clinique moisture surge extra. I have used several bottles. It is the only product of Clinique that I repurchase. It contains no oil. After applying it my skin instantly feel soft and radiant. I also use it as hydration mask in fall and winter.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
It seems everyone hates Clinique.

I have used several products. Although i don't like most of them very much, there is one great product i think: clinique moisture surge extra. I have used several bottles. It is the only product of Clinique that I repurchase. It contains no oil. After applying it my skin instantly feel soft and radiant. I also use it as hydration mask in fall and winter.

I am sorry that i click the mouse twice by accident.Please delete this one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:42 am      Reply with quote
philosophy hope in a jar - foolish me, I thought I might be able to use a skin product for normal folks. Fortunately, I tested it on my arm first, it gave me little red bumps all over - needless to say it is sitting under my sink and never made it onto my face.
I think clinique has changed their formulas - my Mom has used it since her 30's(she's in her 60's now) and has never had a problem. But she did comment to me recently that in the past 5 years or so she suddenly cannot use several of the products she used for years.
I know I can't use the stuff at all.
LifeBegins@60

Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Yon-ka Phyto-Contour Makes My Eyes Water...But since it does help to clear the dark circles, I use it anyway - always sitting down so I can keep my eyes closed for a minute. By then the fragrance dissipates and no longer irritates my eyes. What's interesting to me is that the fragrance - rosemary, I think - is actually a pleasant smell, it's just that my eyes weep when I first apply it. [The fragrance only makes my eyes weep, but I've actually dripped some full-strength into my eye ... OUCH!! Embarassed THAT won't happen again!]
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hands down has to be Ole Henriksen's Herbal sun screen SPF 15. I have never had worse breakdown after using a product!!
torz
5% products discount

Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:25 am      Reply with quote
neutrogena as well - instead of a deep clean i had deep acne after using it.
lcd
5% products discount

Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I found that the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel really dried out my skin.

I worked at a spa that specialized in Dermalogica products so I used it for 1 year. That special cleansing gel ($56+ CA) gave me a nice glow, but every month I would get a gigantic zit that wouldn't go away for a long time. As soon as I stopped using the product, my zits disappeared. I talked to other girls I worked with who had the same thing happen to them.

Another shitty product is most of the Lancome mascara ($34 CA). It was clumpy on my lashes and didnt give much volume at all. Switching to an upscale brand after only using drug store brands, I expected a lot better.

Mary Kay exfoliators ($34 CA) gave me tiny bumps all over my entire forehead area, and left a weird feeling of dryness yet greasy residue over my entire face. I used it as directed, and didn't scrub too hard, but it still did this.

MAC lipglass ($17+ CA) is the worst if you have long hair and it's a windy day. That gloss/glass is so goopy and sticky; one gust of wind will leave your hair stuck to your lips.

Deborah Lipmann nail polishes ($20+ CA)(especially the neutral colours) are the worst for leaving bubbles all over your nails when the colour drys. Even if you apply thin coats and have a professional apply the colour.

Perscriptives eyebrow pencil ($23 CA) will pull your eyebrow hairs out and doesn't leave a realistic looking shade on your brows. My $3 Kohl brown eyeliner did a better job.

More to come....
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
cbeb wrote:
Laughing Everyone seems to hate clinique! i always imagined that their skinscare products were good ( i never tried) but i guess i'll stay away from it now.

Well I don't think Clinique is that bad.
snarky

Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
While I was in my early highschool years searching for ways to help my skin, I stumbled across St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The scrub worked fantasically, at first. For the first month or so, my skin was gorgeous, glowing,even and clean.. and then out of now where, my skin turned blotchy, starting peeling, breaking out extremely bad, and nothing had changed product wise. It took me about 2 months in order for me to get my skin to go back to normal.

Another one is Olay Clarity Purifying Toner. It literally burnt my cheeks, and I was stuck with nasty peeling for about 5 weeks. However, it worked great everywhere else on my skin, just not my cheeks.

I now just stick with mostly natural products. I'm assuming the Olay Toner didn't work for me, because my skin may have been too sensitive. I don't think I've heard anybody who had great long lasting effects with St. Ives Apricot Scrub.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
For myself I would have to say Clinique. It was all the rave when I was in middle school. All the girls used it so I tried it, from their cleanser, toner and to their signature yellow moisturizer. Wasn't really impressed and from what I recall it made me break out. Think some of their ingredients might have been to harsh for my skin, although I would hardly call my skin sensitive.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
For me:
Valmont's Nature EYE cream (the lighter one), it was still too creamy for me and left me with tiny oil bumps around my eyes (milia?). They are still there but have improved after I started using eye gels. I wonder if they will ever go away.

Shiseido cleansers, I've used 2 from the Pureness line and 3 from the Skincare line and they ALL left me dry, tight, tingly and ITCHY! My skin is far from sensitive and pretty resilient, this has never happened to me before. I've heard somewhere that if you use shiseido on a long-term basis your skin will be dependent on them instead of actually improving your skin, it just makes you need more of their products. Also I find their effects seem to subside with long-term use so I don't use them anymore even though the eye soother was not bad.

really? i have been using shiseido's foaming cleansers for awhile, switching it up in between with DHCs products and whatever samples i get from other lines. i have used the skincare gentle foaming cleanser, uv white foaming cleanser and their new white lucent foaming cleanser. they all worked ok for me, but you definitely have to use moisturizer afterwards (but then again, i have to use moisturizer after every foaming cleanser) but i am gonna look for something new. just to change things up a little Smile my next foaming cleanser to try would be clarins.

did i mention i detest clinique? Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
STRIVECTIN!!!!!
This stuff gave me the most giant pimple on my neck!
It was so gross!
phdfordlg
5% products discount

Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE HONEST PEOPLE!

I would have to say the worst product line that I ever used would have to be Clinique. I used it when I was in my 20's and had major problems with it. The salesperson had me try several of their products. Nothing worked. I gave up on the entire line.

The second worst product line was Lancome. Again, I tried them when I was was younger, and found everything product I used to cause the ubiquitous "red bumps".

Several years ago, at the raves of my mother, I tried the Oil of Olay products. YUCK!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Ella Bache Special Eye Cream - it was like applying a layer of vasoline.
Confused
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |