Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like MAC lipsticks! They feel dry and flaky after a few hours.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
What I can think of right now ...

1. Clinique Toners 1,2,3,4
2. MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder ... It makes my face look horrible in the afternoon. How? Very dark and very shiny.
3. SK-II essence ... I really wanted to like it but it broke me out badly.
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dermalogica but the daily exfoliant also turned my skin into dry patches after 1 to 2 uses!

I put it away for a bit then use it again in hopes it will be better but I need to give it away to stop using it! ll
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the time I'm too lazy to return things. I tend to store and retry ad nauseum.

Things that I promptly chucked or returned include:

RareMinerals by Bare Escentuals
Mary Kay products
Strivectin
Angyl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil moisturizer stung my face and the cleanser (which I'm using now) is ok. I dont feel like it's cleaning anything.

Neutrogena's deep clean cream was horrid on my face!! I got all blotchy and nasty from it.

and OCM wrekced my face. I know a lot of you love it, but it made me break out for the first time in over 3 years. I'm still trying to get the effects off my face. I just can't buy into "purging." I don't think skin should ever purge.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
i hate the anr eye cream of estee lauder
Clinique belongs to the same company.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
why so many persons hate Clinique? However, I do like the Moisturizing Lotion of 3-step.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique is just too harsh for my skin. The old eye makeup remover (don't know if they've changed the formula in the last few years) was great for getting nail polish out of your clothes, though. We used to use it on our Prescriptives black smocks all the time. Made the Clinique ladies crazy.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I find it so fascinating that sooo many of us list Clinique 3 step...it gets horrible reviews on MUA (approval is about as low as George Bush right now...) yet they still sell it and keep it in their product line.

And you know that we aren't the only ones that feel that way...imagine how many people we represent that have tried it and have experienced how terrible it is. Yes, I do realize that it does work for some people...but still. Anyway, just me thinking out loud...

IMPEACH CLINIQUE 3 STEP SYSTEM!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing at Paris's suggestion. The Clinique three steps really should be impeached! It still advertises itself as the best-selling skincare program in the world.

To this I say - Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes !

Ohh and an overrated product is the Pantene Red Hair collection. Tried the shampoo hoping it could help my colour not fade as fast. An absolute dud. Non-sulfate shampoos do a much better the job.
Dallas

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody found a cleanser for your face that you can use without water? There are times when I travelling that I'd just prefer not to use the water. It's one thing if you're in a town long enough for your skin to adjust to it....but if you're only there for 24 hours, your face is saying "Hey momma, what's happening here??" And, besides, I'm lazy. Anything I can do at the end of the day that gets me into bed faster is welcome. I'm 59 with combination skin that tends to break out with overly rich creams.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Dallas wrote:
Anybody found a cleanser for your face that you can use without water? There are times when I travelling that I'd just prefer not to use the water. It's one thing if you're in a town long enough for your skin to adjust to it....but if you're only there for 24 hours, your face is saying "Hey momma, what's happening here??" And, besides, I'm lazy. Anything I can do at the end of the day that gets me into bed faster is welcome. I'm 59 with combination skin that tends to break out with overly rich creams.

Dallas, try Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser (www.zenbiotic.com ). It's cheap, doesn't contain any chemicals or nasties, and it's great at removing makeup--- just spray on, smooth around a bit with your fingers, and then wipe off with cottons squares, tissue, etc. I use it when I come home for the day to take off my make up and let my skin breathe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with Liz. The rinseless cleanser is great for quick removal of makeup. I use it in the same way - to remove makeup in the afternoon and avoid stripping my skin from too much cleansing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Strivectin- greasy, smelly, made me break out like crazy
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I also found Clinque 3-step system the worse product I have tried.
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Dallas wrote:
Anybody found a cleanser for your face that you can use without water?

Try ...

ADERMA SENSIFLUID CLEANSER 200ML
Your skin is especially susceptible. It does not tolerate water... Sensifluid enables washing without rinsing in a single step (you won't even need lotion). Children and adults will appreciate its exceptional mildness.

I use this when I have flare ups or when going away and don't have room for my full kit...
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Dallas wrote:

You can Try Decleor Cleansing Water for Face and Eyes.

Description:
CLEANSING WATER with Essential Oils and Essential Waters - Face & Eyes -
A supremely soft, soothing, fragrance-free water that's gentle on sensitive and reactive skin.
A no-rinse formula with Camomile, Neroli, Lavender and Marjoram Essential Oils and Rose, Sweet Clover and Mallow Essential Waters.

Skin Types:
all

Useage:
Apply gently to face and eye area with a cotton pad. Do not rinse.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm the minority here. I love Clinique's 1st (liquid face soap) and 3rd step (the gel not the lotion). Cool
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
VoltesV wrote:
I guess I'm the minority here. I love Clinique's 1st (liquid face soap) and 3rd step (the gel not the lotion). Cool

Yes,you are Laughing
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Anything Estee Lauder - irritated my skin so badly it still itched 2 hours later, then it started to burn.

Lancome skincare products - didn't irritate my skin as bad as EL did, but I ended up with clogged pores and whiteheads.

L'Oreal skincare products - was very awful, didn't do anything except breaking me out.

La Prairie Cellular Purifying Hydrating Fluid SPF 15 and Purifying Hydro Repair - supposed to be mattifying, but made my face even greasier than it already was and irritated my skin as well. It so wasn't worth the money spent.

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 - I just don't see how so many celebs swear by it. It made my lips even drier, my lips started to crack, and it smells awful.

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Lotion - didn't absorb and left me with eczema breakout. Plus the smell made me wanna throw up.

The Body Shop Body Butter - I gotta say I loved the smell, but it left my skin itchy for hours and I woke up with eczema breakout.

La Mer The Cleansing Gel - too drying and irritating and too expensive for what it didn't do.

La Mer The Tonic - didn't do anything at all, irritating and too expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:40 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
VoltesV wrote:

Yes,you are Laughing

I did like Clinique 3-Step as well when I was 14-15 and didn't know anything about skincare. It was just easy to buy a whole set and it's easy to use. My skin was a lot more tolerant when I was younger, so it didn't seem to irritate it, but I was told to stop using it by my dad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
So,why your dad stop you Question
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been impressed with Clinique products either. Some of the eye-shadows/lipstick are OK, but definitely not their cleansers, toners, etc.

Also didn't like:
MAC foundation (made me break out)
Blinc Mascara
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Blinc mascara
Great lash mascara

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Here, here on the Clinique 3-step----sooo bad!!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |