Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naomim
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
After thinking about this since I joined the forum the worst product I ever used was AVEEDA SHAMPURE. It made my scalp so dry it flaked and flaked ... I ended up with a scalp problem that took months to fix, it was like I had washed in acid...I had a really bad reaction to something in it..anyone else had a problem with this shampoo ?....I was OK ish with the rosmary shampoo...and I love their Damage Remedy conditioner.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
So,why your dad stop you Question

He thought it couldn't be good putting something with so much alcohol(toner) on my face. As for the soap, he thought even though I watched my hands before using it, there's still the off chance I tainted it every time I use and the soap was left in a soap box with no drainage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Worst product for me is Nair.

I tried it once on my legs and followed the directions accurately. I didn't put it on longer than indicated, but my legs BURNED and I immediately washed it off. The next day I developed these rashes/sores on them that looks all red and disgusting. It took a long time for them to disappear and I had to avoid those spots when I shaved. Never again! Sad

Looking through review sites, I found that this happened to some people, but lots didn't react this way. I wonder why? I don't think I have sensitive skin anyway.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
mine is Proactive
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin...did nothing for my skin but make it greasy and congested.

The super-expensive La Mer cream...gave me horrible acne, even in the eye area! (I'm 30+ with dry skin)

MAC lip pencils give me chapped, flaking lips if I color in the whole lip area with them.

Stila cosmetics are fine, but I really hate the cardboard packaging! Before you've used up the product, the outside of it has gotten sodden and mucky, so you have to hide it because it looks so bad. Or maybe I'm the only messy girl who ends up with gross Stila!

And Neutrogena sunscreens make my eyes tear and burn so bad i've almost wrecked my car.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
N.V. Perricone's Active Tinted Moisturizer with sunscreen, SPF 15

Look for a review with all of the gory details soon. I've been looking for a new HG foundation/tinted moisturizer all year. This is one I've tried. It's bad. Very bad.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
creme de la mer
tcsorg

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried using Christian Dior make-up and it broke me out in hives. Granted, I've always had really sensitive skin but tried using it several times to see if it was me rather than the make up and I always broke out after using this make-up line.... Crying or Very sad
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Christian Dior skincare - it was so perfumy, the eye serum made my eyes water!!!!

Organic Makeup Company's foundation (I broke out in a rash).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:15 am      Reply with quote
my homemade ACV toner.......bad bad bad Sad Sad Sad

I made it exactly like the recipe said but it's just not right for my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Elizebath Arden Green bottle toner. Too much alcohol in it!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
rainbowcheng wrote:
creme de la mer

This one is expensive one Question
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 am      Reply with quote
i forgot to add--elizabeth arden cleansing cream. smells like gasoline, makes my face feel slick with oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i forgot to add--elizabeth arden cleansing cream. smells like gasoline, makes my face feel slick with oil.

gasoline Confused Confused
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, the number 2 toner is just like alcohol to me, but it claims no alcohol at all Sad

Strawberry wrote:
I have found clinique skin care products to be too harsh for my skin. My mother loves their toner and moisturizer and she has extremely dry skin.

Mac studio is a good powder and it covers well, but after sometime i notice that it breaks me out. Maybe i do not clean my skin well or it settles in my pores. I love their eye and lip shades.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
well, i use some of clinique's stuff now and i'm really now happy with it, the toner makes my nose flake..i feel like i'm using really heavy alcohol on my face when i putt that toner on me...you know, the purpel one...ohh,i need to get something new..
also lancome cream, it doesnt do anything and it also has fragrance and coloring in it..how worse could it get???????
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
the whole set of biotherm acnopur!!!!

NASTY!!!

(although i quite like this brand)
SharonJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
SharonJ wrote:
the whole set of biotherm acnopur!!!!

NASTY!!!

(although i quite like this brand)

and by the way

dont expect to get rid of ur spots

its actually increasing the risk of more comedones!!!!

and this is not an option for those who have a dry skin type!
u might end up with dehydrating!!!!!
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I guess I won't be buying any Clinique products. I was thinking about buying one of their foundations but these reviews really put me off Confused

5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
omgosh, I just recently switched off of clinique. I've been using it for ages and my mom swears by it too! I heard about how bad the ingredients inside are and i'm trying to convince my mom to get off it too. it made my skin so dry and it seriously felt like my face was falling off after I toned and cleansed... now i realize it's b/c of the harsh chemicals.
i've switched to a fully organic vitamin c cleanser and cream now and my skin feels so much better already!
polkaprincess
5% products discount

Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
sernx wrote:
Worst product for me is Nair.

I tried it once on my legs and followed the directions accurately. I didn't put it on longer than indicated, but my legs BURNED and I immediately washed it off. The next day I developed these rashes/sores on them that looks all red and disgusting. It took a long time for them to disappear and I had to avoid those spots when I shaved. Never again! Sad.

I used this once back in high school and when I applied it I felt like my fingers were burning. LOL afterwards there was this little hold in my index finger... like an actual hole.. it burned through my skin!
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Elizebath Arden's cleansing cream, doesn't smell good. It doesn't clean very well, seems to leave lots of residue.
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use Clinique, but the toner is just too harsh, my skin got very dry. My husband used to use the soap and lotion, but since I let him tried a sample of the Kiehl's cream, he never want to go back to Clinique anymore.
geisha707
5% products discount

Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
clinique has had a bad reputation for years!!!
For me it is the dermalogica range. Still trying to tackle the awful breakout from using the products I got for my birthday in AUGUST!! Everytime I touch the stuff it brings me out in pimples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
geisha707 wrote:
clinique has had a bad reputation for years!!!
For me it is the dermalogica range. Still trying to tackle the awful breakout from using the products I got for my birthday in AUGUST!! Everytime I touch the stuff it brings me out in pimples.

Since August? That is a long time. Do you think it might related to some hormonal change?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |