Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
The worst product I have tried so far is REN Rose Centifolia Facial Wash. It made my skin look horrible - my pores were enlarged, I broke out really badly, and it didn't really help my dry skin that much.

My brother liked it at first but then he broke out too! Also, the price is quite expensive.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
i think I probably already said this but strivectin is a big $100 ripoff!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I should list this under "Worst Beauty Product Nightmare", but here goes:
One of my nurse friends wanted to do a Brazilian B4 her honeymoon cruise, but didn't want to spend all that $ on the spa, so she used some dipilatory cream that we used on the patients before surgery (back then when we did that sort of thing). OMG! Embarassed She had to walk like a cowboy cuz her whole bottom was so raw. Kinda put a damper on the honeymoon 4 shur. True story, I swear! If you're reading this, you know who you are!!!! I'm sorry, I had to tell, cuz I couldn't laugh at the time, I felt so bad for you!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, female baboons flash their big red butts when they're ready for mating. So who knows, it may have actually helped with the honeymoon.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
SKII Facial Lift Emulsion and Facial Treatment Essence - both did nothing for me.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:
Well, female baboons flash their big red butts when they're ready for mating. So who knows, it may have actually helped with the honeymoon.

OMG!!! ... ROFL Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Pachouli wrote:

rofl MAO!!!

Back to topic; Clinique 3-step system (so much alcohol I was afraid to get drunk using it..) and Joey New York Correct-a-line; awful, smeary, thick silicone crap IMO, which did nothing for me, besides smearing and making it impossible to apply makeup...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm sitting here laughing at the terrible reviews for Clinique. There seems to be a consensus about how bad they are Very Happy

I've actually had good luck with the few products I tried (not the ones mentioned here).
The spot treatments for zits (tinted and the clear one) are great. They are the two I keep buying. The scrub is also good.
I also tried a few makeup products of theirs - lipsticks and shadows and they were OK.

I don't know about the rest of their products but the reviews here don't seem very encouraging.

I did read very good things about their pore minimizing series - any comments on those?

As for EL - LOVE their products. I actually think they are one of the best. Although I have oily, breakout prone skin I never had any kind of bad reaction with them and they actually made my skin look good.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
The worst product I have ever used, is the new Lancome "Fatale" mascara. It's the one with the 3 sided comb. I was told by the salesgirl how to apply it (there's an art to it apparently),and went home confident that this was going to be great. The next day I tried it, and t was a mess!! I have very long lashes, and all this did was make them look long, super clumpy, and almost cartoonish. Also, little bits dropped off during the day which isn't good for contact lens wearers, and made me feel like I was shedding. I have never returned make-up in my life (I'm 50+), but this was a joke, so I took it back. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but the saleswoman made me feel like an incompetant boob, and insisted that I had not applied it correctly. She did refund my money, but was not happy. For those of you who might use and like this product,I award you a virtual certificate of merrit...in the area of application, you have clearly succeeded, where I have failed!!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
The worst product and skincare range is sandra Brock...... This is also a makeup range.... Very bad stuff. The makeup went off after a few weeks having it. IT smells.....

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 Step is the WORST PRODUCT IN THE WORLD. After using it, I got breakouts and inflammation.

I will never by anything from Estee Lauder (parent company of Clinque) again!
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:58 am      Reply with quote
DDF SS SPF30 - it gets balled up... with whatever i put on before it... eg Vit C, HA, ALA, any moisturizer etc.
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love clinique step 1 and 3. Cool
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
strivectin big ripoff, dont buy it

I agree. It made me look ten times older in an instant. I panicked!! Worst stuff. I won't touch it again.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique toner makes my skin too dry.And I don't like its fragrance..
NZgirl

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
The clinique product are crap. I used them. It left my skin drier than before
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I found Juice Organics Brightening Cleaner really dry skin out. Confused
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin. Usually I am fine with most products. I tried Sothys Total Cohesion Protective Cream that make my face with breakout. Really disappointing. Crying or Very sad
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
clinique products
sheseido whitening range dint work for me either
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:52 am      Reply with quote
I can't to use Caudalie serum , my skin breakout every time i have used Crying or Very sad
loreos

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup.

I actually started out in MMU's with this brand 5 years ago and it used to be just fine, but my aesthetician's office changed a different brand, so I changed, too. I thought they had said something about JI reformulating the products as the reason for the change, but I'm not positive.

Not too long ago I decided to test several brands and thought I'd give JI another try. Bought the pressed, looked good for my quickie trial [and having used it before I was pretty confident it would be fine], and off we went to London for 2 weeks.

BIG MISTAKE!

During the day, it settled like mud into my extremely oily areas, seemed to just disappear on the less oily areas, but stuck to the drier areas [like under the eyes]. What I didn't notice during my quick test is that the makeup color was more yellow than my skintone, so I was left with patches of yellow skin where it actually stayed on, and trying to reapply it throughout the day to cover again was useless... it simply would not readhere to those areas where it had disappeared. It also literally fell into my pores, which are pretty normal sized - not big, not invisible - but it looked like I had tiny pinholes on my nose. Complete disaster.

I don't know what happened to Jane Iredale MMU from when I first started using it to now, but it was not good.
ddang
5% products discount

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried many but the worst product I've bought was from The Faceshop. It's a cosmetic company from Korea and they have a few shops around Vancouver and it's surrounding areas but I'm not sure if its available in other cities.

Peel-Off White Mud Nose Pack

It sucked worse than a vacuum cleaner. I tried it on my boyfriend (I let him put eyeshadow on me) and the results were horrible! It was supposed to remove blackheads similar to the Biore nose strips but it removed nothing and made his pores huge! After a bit his big pores became clogged and blackheads were VERY visible on his nose. He didn't have much at all before my little experiment but after the test-run, it was NOT a pretty sight. Just thinking about it gives me chills!
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
I think I may have posted to this thread before, but I've got a new worst! DHC Peel-off Pack. I searched for the DHC store in Hong Kong after reading raves on the forums about their products, but was so disappointed. The store that I found was tiny and had a very limited range. Unfortunately (for me) the Peel-off Pack was there, so I bought it. Not only did it do nothing for my skin, but peeling it off was extremely difficult and even somewhat painful. I've been considering giving it another try, thinking that maybe I did something wrong the first time, but I'm too scared!

Isn't it terrible to be afraid of a skincare product?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
schang , did you mean DHC Peel-off Pack that can remove blackhead (in their Advertise )?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, those are some lists!!! I used Clinique when I was younger, that is all they forced on us, but never really liked it. I do, however, have a lipstick that I love from them!! It stays on, love the color and does not dry my lips out.

Lancome - foundation and mascara.

Clarins foundation and concealer.

DHC Neck Treatment Essence (broke out all over - have a full bottle anyone want it?) HA
LUSH Coolaulin Conditioner (nasty)
LUSH Sweet Japanese Girl cleansing bar
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (what is so great about it)
Mascara by Clinique, Estee Lauder, CG, Revlon, Rimmel, Max Factor (Loreal did not make the list because they have Lash Out!!)
TIGI Moisture Maniac hair products

Vera Wang Perfume

There have been other hit and misses but these stand out the most!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |