Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincare with bha makes me have acne on face.
Summer74

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, this is my first post. I just found this site the other day.

I have acne prone skin and I recently bought Clean & Clear Advantage oil free acne moisturizer. It made my face break out so bad. It's been 3 weeks and my skin still hasn't healed completely. I do use the Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot treatment and it works wonders for me. I love it. But the Moisturizer I can't use. Also, as far as Clinique goes (lol), I have been using their Turnaround lotion for about 10 years now. I absolutely love it. It makes my skin so nice and soft. Thats the only Clinique I use. The 3 step thing is a joke. I will use the Turnaround lotion as long as they continue to make it.
GinaDi

Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Anything by L'Oreal Arrow .

And I mean anything! Skin, makeup, hair and whatever else they make.

About 20 years ago, maybe more, I read a report in a medical journal that their products contain the most fragrance of all the drugstore products tested.

I finally realized that anything I used looked great on the model, in the package, or the design was beautiful.

But, the hair dye was the only one that caused dry, brittle and abnormal hair loss for weeks on end.

The makeup products smelled great, but always dried my skin out. The mascara's were the absolute worst!!!

The facial products just failed miserably...

My skin and hair were all normal, no big problems, and if anything, this was the only brand that actually CAUSED problems. I tried them on and off for about 15 years and nothing ever changed. They still were the worst brand.

I never used them again.

Go to the store and check out all the money spent on the selling points. Think about what that actually costs, then consider the product.

What could possible be left to make the actual product good?

I can tell you... about 3% (and 2% of that is devoted to the fragrances) of their generated income is devoted to the stuff we are actually letting touch us.

With every other line, there are at least a few good products, but not this one...
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Clarins products are the worst. They have way too much fragrance--and it's a terrible fragrance. Smells like an old lady's over-applied Avon toilet spray.

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Clarins products are the worst. They have way too much fragrance--and it's a terrible fragrance. Smells like an old lady's over-applied Avon toilet spray.

Hi Jeanine Smile , I agree! Years ago they were so devoted to a making a good product, but now, as a lot of companies have, having built their reputation from the good ole days, now sell just plain old stuff that doesn't work and their still absurd prices.

In fact, whenever I pass that counter, guess who's looking for stuff. Lots of Grandma's, usually overtanned, who refuse to believe there is something much better out there that would be more suitable for them.

Old habits die hard after a certain age. Which to be honest, if it were my mom or grandma, I would definately steer her away from this line.

Most of these women are usually shopping by themselves unfortunately, so they are probably not getting access or knowledge to the new products of today.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Oil of Olay. When it was new. Did I just "date" myself? Laughing

I haven't used it in over two decades but I still remember how it used to sting my skin but I was so naive/stupid I kept using it for a while because it was supposed to be "all that". To this day I shudder when I pass Olay products in the drugstore.

Edited to add: This post provoked me into Googling OoO to find out exactly when it was new...so I'll amend it to add that I used it after Proctor and Gamble expanded the market about 25 years ago. NOT when it was originally introduced to the U.S. I just had to explain that because if "dating" ourselves is bad..."over-dating" should be the cardinal sin! Very Happy
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Can't do either Mary Kay or Avon
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
My bad experience is Estee Lauder skin care. I usually have pretty ok skin but using this range made me break out really badly. It was a total waste of money and of course I had bought the entire lot - cleanser, toner, moisturiser and specialty items!

Estee Lauder (and other similar brands)are over-fragranced and these companies spend all of their money on marketing and "pretty" packaging rather than research and ingredients!

I also dislike the supermarket acne treatments and skin care.
The likes of Clearasil dry your skin out horribly - making it create more oil to compensate! ugh!!
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
beeb wrote:
La Mer. It was like very expensive Vaseline!

yes! It's so over price
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique gave me blisters and burns on my face when I first started using skincare pre-esthetics school. The line is high in Denatured Alcohol and some of the products do contain Acetone derived ingredients. Beware!

But in fairness, Most things found in a Dept. Store's (Chanel, Clarins, Lancome, etc) contain a slew of unnecessary ingredients and synthetic fragrance. You can find a good products now & then, though. I look up every ingredient I don't know, haha, I'm a bit skincare obsessed.

I also couldn't stand ProActive, made my skin freak out and erupt in blemishes and painful cystic breakouts.

I typically don't use anything that contains alcohol in the first 3 ingredients, and I prefer Alcohol free everything.

Smile -Dan
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
yeah....how can i forget the Body Shop

and agree with this point
Jeannine wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
agree on Mary Kay - either terrible or useless Mad

Wed May 07, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
HR collagen night cream,the smell of it really make me dizzy,and every time i used it on my face ,i always felt there were something like "sand" inside,my skin cant absorb it at all~
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to go with the Clinique skin care routine. I found that even though I had oily skin, the number 2 toner was way too harsh. I also had a problem with the soap. Not so much that the product didn't work, but one night it slipped out of my hands and into the toilet, go flushed and plugged up the toilet. That wasn't a fun experience and thus ended my soap cleanser phase for good. Warning to all the other clumsy ladies such as myself.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Strivectin-SD is the worst product in my experience along with Hydroderm. Neither does what it claims.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
In my expience, Dr. Brandt poreless line is the worst product I ever tried.
I bought a poreless kit, including cleasing, toner, crean and gel.
First, the smell is awful, almost making me sick.
Secondly, no effects on the pore.
Most importantly, these products make me break out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay, i used them during my whole accutane thing...since they were specifically designed for that, they just DRIED out my skin because they were SO fragranced...man I was dumb back then with my skincare lol!
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
anything and I mean anything from oil of olay , has constanty broken me out
Annie B
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
For me, Proactiv is the most worthless thing I've ever put on my face. Another one is a Perricone product to try and reduce the broken capillaries around my nose. It wasn't worth the bottle it was packaged in.
lilyb

Sun May 11, 2008 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I had poor results with the Dr H system. It seems to be just me because everyone seems to rave about it here! I broke out constantly and I was on the products for 6 months.
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder - their moisterizers have tons of fragrance, feel really heavy, and sting! I got red dry spots on my face that took 2 weeks to get rid of!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
For me it's sunblocks that are chemical. Once I put on this facial sunscreen from coppertone (I think... it could have been some other random brand) and an hour later my face just started burning. Unfortunately, it was an another hour before I had access to a sink (I was commuting when the burning started). It was awful. Now I'm committed to only using physical sunscreens.
Saucy
5% products discount

Mon May 12, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
The ones I can remember off the top of my head:

-Proactiv
-DDF Daily Sun Gel SPF 15(left a filmy layer on my skin which balled up and off, so not a very effective SPF)
-Strivectin
senesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Elemis Liquid Layer SPF30. No use at all.

It is not only giving you a white face, also peeling off from my face.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to love clinique so badly. Used it ibn my teens & it was horrible & then again in my early 20's and it was even worse.
you couldn't pay me to put that stuff on my face now.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |