Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I also didn't get on well with the Clinique...but seems many people like to use it
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hydroderm did not do anything for me.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe OSEA - advanced protection. Very expensive and zilch (break out city)
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
About Clinique- I was really outraged when recently my mom bought some Clinique skin care for my sister to use. She got it on some huge sale, but still! You couldn't pay me to use that stuff.
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Jolin wrote:
I suddenly recalled I've tried SK-II Eye Treatment Film before... total crap. It's sticky and greasy, doesn't work at all. It's a waste of money.

I totally agree with you I tried it twice and it gave me little bumps under my eyes Mad . I threw it in the trash.
LUSHM

Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
There a so many worst products out there but this is one of the "worst" products I just purchased.

It is Lancome Nutrix Royal Intense Lipid Repair Cream!

I was looking for a decent cream just to moisturize my skin while sleeping. I usually use a concentrate vitamin c serum under it so I don't mind putting a jar of fats and oils only my face (as long as it absorbs well). Well, this cream contains squalane, glycerin, mineral oil, petrolatum, shea butter, beeswax, thickeners. It's not too bad for me.

After my first use, this cream burned like hell ... actually it burned like putting Vicks vapor rub or menthol on my face. What were they thinking to put such thing in the facial cream.

Now I use it on my neck and my hands. This is one of the worst new product of the year!!
mrspiggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
1. Clinique 3 step is tops for worst products. It stripped my teenage skin. Exclamation

2. Olay cleansers, leaves me with white heads. I use their moisturizer on my hands and feet, since their range has the same ingredients as StriVectin but at a better price range. Their products always leave me with whiteheads but used as a hand and feet cream no problems Very Happy

3. SkinCeuticals Sea Silk moisturizer, broke me out in white heads.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Clinique

Loreal

Clarins

Waste of money

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Also:

St. Ives.

At some point I loved that stuff, but I just didn't know about anything better...
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Perricone
Clinque
Prescriptives

5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Most recently for me:

Jurlique Calendula C Creme. It made my facial eczema soo much worse after 1 week of use. I know a lot of people like it though.
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Also, Olay. The fragrance in those products kill me! Even the body products.
Allison_Wonderland
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog oxygen cream (the 1%) causes inflammation and redness on my sensitive acne prone skin. Sad
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Clinique...it sting my face
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Lancome anything. Enough fragrance in those products to make my eyes water. And Chanel shadows and blush. Very dry and in texture, hard milled and impossible to build up.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I have purchased MAC lip stick before, it is very bad which dry my lip
barley
5% products discount

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion Mad
mogulicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil Cleanser
Strivectin
LaMer

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
My worst experiences...

MAC Lip Lacquer... the aroma reminded me of chemical urinal pucks found in mens washrooms.

"Thick" by Rusk... made my hair greasy and chunky... almost like dreadlocks.

Noxema.... yucky film left on my face

Sally Hansen air brush legs... spray this stuff on and your legs look like the color of Barbie... good coverage, but not even close to my skin tone. Most people thought I was wearing nylons.

White tooth polish from Lush... YUCK!

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Undoubtedly CLINIQUE. I have a very oily skin, but their toner/clarifier left me with a chemical burn for 3 months!!!!!!!!
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:49 am      Reply with quote
i too got a burn from there 3 step!! i only used the free samples that used to be in EVERY magazine when i was a teenager

complete disgrace there must be floor cleaner in there Laughing
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I agree with the majority clinique is really irritating and creates more problems than solutions. but Christian Diro comes in second for being worthless in my eyes. Im talking skincare here and not the makeup.
vassbeaute
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for my poor spelling for Dior, but also the 2nd worst would have to be Elizabeth Arden, what a dated range and one that really only caters to older females
lipstick100
5% products discount

Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:21 am      Reply with quote
L'Oreal Solar Expertise facial sunscreen - so greasy and so highly perfumed I found the scent offensive.

40-something, oily skin, occasional adult acne outbreaks, using tretinoin 0.5%, advocate of facial exercise and sunscreen is my essential #1 product
Alicia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
orlane and H2O+ did not work for me
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |