Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Vichy-- makes me break out and give me sensitive dry skin.

Clinique-- all, except the moisturers. Too dry for me, and didn't work at all. ESP, their toner NO.2. It's terrible.

EL Idealist. Just like a joke.

AND JURLIQUE LAVENDER MIST. I am allergic to it!!!! Can you believe?

Maybe I am the only one. It's not moisture at all.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
clearasil, nivea, ponds, payot, la prairie, freeman
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
my least favourite product is clinique #2 toner, it almost burned my skin off......
aarietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
^^ ouch!! i had the same problem with avon's black head clearing toner.

but anything avon, period.

bare mineral's skin rev-er upper. it gave my face little bumps
looco
5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like the clinique 3-steps, too harsh for me. I have combination skin and they dried out my skin. Crying or Very sad
beautyquest

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I would have to say Olay Definity line. It made me broke out and now I have black marks from the acne. And I rarely break out. I believe it also clogs my pores. I now have large pores, black marks from the acne and can't get rid of my fine lines.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
olay is actually a v good brand.. sad to hear u didnt have success w it
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Dead sea Premier Cream...

Smells srong and bad, feeling stiky on the skin... ewww I realy hate this product.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena cleanser as it dries my skin even I am of oily/combination skin.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I had very bad experience with clinique when I was 22 years old. I am sensitive to HR. I have not tried Mary Kay or Avon and I won't try in life because their brand images for me is rubbish. I don't like the Body shop skincare line as well because the ingredients are not so attractive to me.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 steps:
it smells so terrible,and it seriously irritated my skin.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:08 am      Reply with quote
for me the worst products were the harsh, overstripping drugstore cleansers - L`Oreal, Garnier, also La Roche Posay Effaclar foaming gel - awful, my combination skin was producing oil like crazy to compensate for overdrying.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
The worst product I have ever tried was a Zia brand mask. (You can get Zia products at natural food stores - I got mine at Whole Foods) Anyhoo - the mask stung like crazy, so I washed it off right away, and my face was stained orange! Shock This wasn't really expensive, but it wasn't cheap, either!!! The upside is that DH thought it was hilarious and will still mention it today Laughing
lilmiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Duh - I guess I should proof read my posts! The mask was a pumpkin enzyme mask, hence the orange staining!!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
clinique suncream
Mary Kay - anything
elwyatt
5% products discount

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
My worst product was Prevage. I had such high hopes for it, and it made me look like I was in a boxing match by the afternoon, the hives were so bad. I could have put it as far away as my feet and my eyes would have still swelled! I was in total denial that it was the Prevage too, that was the really stupid part. And the fact that I bought it on ebay, so couldn't return it, yikes!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Clinique.Clinique, Clinique. Clinique!

I do not know why so many people will buy it

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
elwyatt wrote:
My worst product was Prevage. I had such high hopes for it, and it made me look like I was in a boxing match by the afternoon, the hives were so bad. I could have put it as far away as my feet and my eyes would have still swelled! I was in total denial that it was the Prevage too, that was the really stupid part. And the fact that I bought it on ebay, so couldn't return it, yikes!

prevage gave me hive too!
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
yeeyaw wrote:
Clinique 3 steps:
it smells so terrible,and it seriously irritated my skin.

The clinique 3 step system did the same thing to me! It really is harsh on your skin.
Tina89
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
when i use the clinique city block/40, acne will break out Crying or Very sad
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
It is very interesting to see this post since it will let me spare a lot of money.

I would say I don't like estee lauder' idealist pore refiner and some origins' products, since they have silicon which makes my pores clogged...
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, an EDS thread that is not going to cost me money!

I hate anything with perfume, plus "new" lipsticks that are rancid when you open them.
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
To me, Pond's is the product which made allegic to my skin. When I stop using it, I was okay~
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I read this post with lots of interests. I really did not realize that so many people "hate" Clinique products, even through I was the one who does not like it, however it's still named 2nd after Ponds.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehls silk groom.

While it made my long hair look great, it made my back and forehead break out terribly.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |