Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Herbatint hair colour! Used it exactly as per instructions but my hair was falling out in clumps afterward. I would spend 10 minutes in the shower trying to get off all the hair that would stick to my body, so much was falling out. This lasted for a few months and scared me. I usually get my hair coloured at the salon and never ever had this problem.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought Skin Doctors "Perfect Pout" lip plumper, and all I can say is...GAG. I am a person that doesn't mind the plumpers that sting, as long as they DO something. Well this stuff not only had a gross consistency
(a watery semi-gel), it did nothing but sting for a few minutes then make my lips feel parched! No plumping and barely any color change...certainly not the rosy shade they say your lips will turn! I'm sure this is just another one of those cases of "nothing works for everyone"...but the only positive aspect of this whole thing was that I got it for cheap on E-bay! If I had paid the full retail of approx. $40.00 US dollars, I would be beside myself!

Mary Smile
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
mixCD wrote:
the worst for me was Murad Acne Complex.. The worst.. Man i was so depressed for a month becuase of the purging process and after 9 weeks of on it still no improvement.. I never went out missed work at times.. It was so embarrassing... Embarassed

I've been on Murad for 6 weeks and I'm disappointed too. My sis was shocked at the number of breakouts on my face. She was like "that stuff is making you break out". At least the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Blemish serum are doing their job.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 05, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have a list of these, because I am hard to please and often disappointed I guess. But, I REALLY begrudged spending a fortun on MD Formulations Vit-a-plus eye cream, which made the skin around my eyes so dry they were peeling (was also recommended by my beauty therapist - along with the MD Moisture Defense Anti-Oxidant Cream which had unbelievable claims about moisture which soooo did not deliver Mad ).
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:01 am      Reply with quote
melissa49 wrote:
I have a list of these, because I am hard to please and often disappointed I guess. But, I REALLY begrudged spending a fortun on MD Formulations Vit-a-plus eye cream, which made the skin around my eyes so dry they were peeling (was also recommended by my beauty therapist - along with the MD Moisture Defense Anti-Oxidant Cream which had unbelievable claims about moisture which soooo did not deliver Mad ).

the vit-a complex eyecream is pretty bad as an eyecream in the long run, but used occassionally is good to clear any milia. But i do think it's too potent for an eyecream.

My worsts..
- Benzac (which is just drugstore acne treatment, cleared my zits miraculously before I had a major allergic reaction that turned my face prawn red and sensitive for ages).
- Most MD formulations serum/complex. I'm guessing the line just doesn't agree with my skin.
- Megan gale invisi-zinc (sunscreen). It's thick, and does not offer adequate protection, i was sunburnt badly even after liberal reapplication.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 06, 2006 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins Bright Plus Renewing Cream. Still recovering from the massive break out it gave me. Sad
Gelc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to share my hate list too.

Expensive but no effect:
La Colline vital face mask
La Colline vital eye mask
La Colline eye gel
PTR rescuue eye cream
Kinerase lotion (maybe I'm not the age to use it)

Too dry:
SkinCeuticals cleansing foam
Gly Derm cleanser

There're many products I've tried. Most of them I'll not repurchase but not hate. I hate most because of expensive but no effect. Mad
mcyi4yy2
5% products discount

Sun May 07, 2006 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I've got combination skin.

Dior hydraction really is too rich for my T-zone. clarins beauty flash balm doesn't work for me either. I hope i would find something really balance my skin tone.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 07, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash. This product dries my skin out horribly. I think it is too strong, and I dont even think I have sensitive skin.
katja
5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
My skin just hates clinique 3-step product. It got all red,itchy and super dry!! Would not recommend anyone to use this line!!

5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Elizabeth Arden- peel off masque
H20- the entire line needs improvement!!!! when you put the lotion on your face, it's just stick on your face!!!!!
Biotherm - masque for combination skin, NO RESULTS at all !!! Don't understand what's the point to put the masque on my face???
Biotherm - toner
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
None of the Clinique products that I tried worked for me!
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Prada Soothing Mask...I think it's more like an irritating mask than soothing and also very pricey.
Nui Nui
5% products discount

Wed May 24, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
suddenly came out from my mind... I have to tell everyone......I strongly disagree people getting Lancome especially the NIGHT Cream... it is just TOO GREASY, stick on your face and never absorb!!!! You know what I am using LANCOME NIGHT CREAM for my FEET because I wear sandals during summer !!! ha ha... Laughing

Besides, there's one more product from Lancome, I am not sure if they sell them in North America. It's Lancome eye cream (with GINSENG), it says to reduce the dark circle for the eyes. After I applied several times, my dark eye circle became RED Circle!!!! ha ha... just look like someone punched my eyes!!!! so, keep this in mind,never try LANCOME GINSENG EYE CREAM !!!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
i got a free sample of the beautifull lips by JB. And i really didnt like it at all. Wouldnt re-purchase. It made my lips go bright red and didnt plump up my lips.
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Clinique stuff can be really tricky. Though they are fragrance free, but they have too much alcohol in it to dry out your skin
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Nui Nui - You are so funny! Laughing
katharina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about clinique, but had a bad experience with Pharmagel, its vit C serum. It felt alright upon application, but my skin would always itch the next day. But the vit E serum apparently worked wonders for a friend of mine.
katharina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:27 am      Reply with quote
[quote="peace of mind"]Clinique
SKII[/quote]

Though i would like to share some info on SKII product Surprised . Please buy from authorised dealers/ agents if you are using the product. Apparently, if you get the parallel imports, there are differences in product composition, may not see any improvement, or worse suffer allergic reaction
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
CLINIQUE!!!!! Sad
Pink P

Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
On my list:

Marcelle - firming/wrinkle face and eye cream -dries out the skin terribly
Avon - most products make me break out
Mary Kay - too greasy and makes me break out

I've decided no department store product is worth my time and am switching over to a more professionally used product. After all....you get what you pay for Wink
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
My friend who works at Nordstrom started using Mario Badescu and her skin improved greatly; we have similar skin types (or so I thought), and I did the online consultation and got everything they recommended.

It did do something to my skin, all this "dirt" came up to the surface but it never went away. It was disgusting.

I went to Sona MedSpa in Chicago to have a microderm treatment done and they told me those products have a lot of alcohol and they were probably drying out my skin so much that it couldn't get the dirt out. It had been about two month since I started MB, so I couldn't get a refund, but they're issuing a credit for a future purchase. I probably won't ever use it though!
GKnee
5% products discount

Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 Step seems to me like it was devised to work in conjunction of remeding the dryness of the soap & toner. It's a way to suck in the consumer by selling them the 3 products all of which do not work.

1. The Soap. Dries the crap out of your skin making it feel tight after using.

2. The Toner (er. paint stripper). Now because your skin is dried from the soap you're led to believe that the toner will lift away that dry feeling. Instead your skin is even more dry.

3. Dramatically Different Moisturizer. Ahhhhh finally some goo that will make it all better, hence a greasy moisturizer that is slathered on taking away that icky dry, tight skin. But now your skin is so greasy you've got to go back and wash it off with THE SOAP!!!!

Vicious cycle. Whoever dreamed up this one is pretty brilliant!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
so far, for me it's shiseido's benefiance concentrated neck controu treatment

they discontinued their neck firming cream which at least offered temporary firming (no lasting effects) and replaced it with this more expensive product. not only does it not work (on me at least) but it actually made my neck look more crepey. and the tube is only about 2/3rds filled.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:16 am      Reply with quote
For me:
Valmont's Nature EYE cream (the lighter one), it was still too creamy for me and left me with tiny oil bumps around my eyes (milia?). They are still there but have improved after I started using eye gels. I wonder if they will ever go away.

Shiseido cleansers, I've used 2 from the Pureness line and 3 from the Skincare line and they ALL left me dry, tight, tingly and ITCHY! My skin is far from sensitive and pretty resilient, this has never happened to me before. I've heard somewhere that if you use shiseido on a long-term basis your skin will be dependent on them instead of actually improving your skin, it just makes you need more of their products. Also I find their effects seem to subside with long-term use so I don't use them anymore even though the eye soother was not bad.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |