Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
hi lotus003,

I'm not sure how it's advertised. I actually hadn't researched the product at all before I bought it. The store in HK didn't carry the products that I had wanted to try so I just grabbed whatever looked promising.

Here's a pic of it from the DHC website: Image
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks schang ! I have seen in one of HK magazine , they have advertised DHC products something like peel off pack but in powder that can remove the blackhead . i am not sure !
hfei

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Clinque 3-steps and most of Make up is definitely worst for me,lash power is ok though
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:36 am      Reply with quote
My list of worst products as follow:

Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil - Leaves the skin an oily film and clogged my pores.

Estee Lauder Idealist Skin Refinisher - Clogged pores and no effect.

Estee Lauder Idealist Micro-D - Caused burning and biting sensation.

Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster - Used to have blotchiness and redness on my cheeks. I was then recommended this booster. After using 3 bottles, no improvements. It's a waste of money. The condition was corrected after using Guerlain's SOS Serum.

Clinique Turnaround Cream - Caused break-outs. I totally agree that Clinique products are craps.

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Face & Eyes Capsules - Too oily and difficult to use.

Elizabeth Arden Pause and Effect range - No effect at all.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I suddenly recalled I've tried SK-II Eye Treatment Film before... total crap. It's sticky and greasy, doesn't work at all. It's a waste of money.
ben_253
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
msaries1 wrote:
I haven't been impressed with Clinique products either. Some of the eye-shadows/lipstick are OK, but definitely not their cleansers, toners, etc.

Also didn't like:
MAC foundation (made me break out)
Blinc Mascara

I agree with you on MAC foundation..whenever i apply it i get serious break outs the very next day..I am looking for good foundation..have you found one that doesnt give breakouts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I must chime in with my dislike for the entire Clinque skin care line. Having a background in chemistry I find their ingredient list terrifying.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely the worst products I have tried were Clinique 3 step system. I got them a long time ago from a cousin and my skin just did not like it at all.
guru
5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Deneve wrote:
Definitely the worst products I have tried were Clinique 3 step system. ....

Same here!! Crying or Very sad
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
hi there,if u all are oily and acne skin, please go for the skincare with waterbase or gelbase.don't use the creambase or oilbase skincare unless is special treatment skincare like peeling product.retin-a is good for the breakout.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I will place one vote to Clinique's cosmetic, but I like their Happy fragrance.
Flic

Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
My first reply on this forum! Cool

Clinique is by far the WORST product I have used. The toner's way too strong for me, it makes my combination skin produce so much oil. The masks didn't do the job, either.

I've decided to avoid all Clinique skincare products.
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Philosophy on a clear day superwash for oily skin is the worst for me because sulfur doesn't help at all... Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I agree: I dislike Clinique's skin care line too. I find their products to be too harsh.
Jyazzy

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
my worst experience with a skin care product was with biore pore strips when they first came out, it was so tough to rip off it was like a really bad band aid, i felt like the skin on my under my eyes were pulling away from my face. I only started using them again after 3 years without them. Biore certainly have improved its strips.

Another one is Nair hair removal cream. It left my skin feeling so slimy and smelled gross. I washed my skin more than five times with a bar of soap that had microbeads. The scent was still strong, at least it got rid of my hair. But it was not worth having my skin smell so bad. Plus i don't even want to know what kind of chemicals i put in my skin!
Jyazzy

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
you know, i am not a fan of the Lush bath bombs. the lemon one left a ring around my tub, which irritated my mother. I scrubbed it with clorox bleach to get it off Sad
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Blinc mascara. What a mess!
DevineMissEm
5% products discount

Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
there is a product i have just seen recently online, it is supposed to lighten dark pigmentation in your skin, ie dark circles etc anyway the before and after they had displayed was an asian lady's face. The before photo was her natural brown tone and the after was pretty much her skin gone really light, she has used it all over her face and neck, and gone from brown to white, anyway even though i have not tried this product im not going to either. Ill try and look for it and put up the link, i thought it looked totally weird!

emma
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clinique 3-step, especially the "toner"....harsh is the word i think!!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I agree - Clinique. Having said that it was a lifesaver when I was a teenager with terrible breakouts and really shiny t-zone (and the bonuses were fun for make-up etc...). The "toner" will remove mould from my taps in the bathroom -good use for anyone with left-over toner! The clinique handcream is good though.
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
for face stuff, I think Clinique is terrible. On the other hand, they make ok lipsticks, but thats about it.
pipilu
5% products discount

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Clinique and Maxfactor
katharina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I've not tried clinique but will try to be careful about it now.
Mostely, L'oreal doesn't seem agree with my skin
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer. It was like very expensive Vaseline!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |