Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Matherton
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would be another person who had a "clinique" disaster! The soap they recommend pretty much gave me the worst breakouts of my youth! I was in a department store a few weeks ago and saw the exact same products for sale that were available 8 years ago!
Oh and also proactiv was a bad one too, worked initally but then became too drying.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I do not like Clinique at all. Nothing is good except lip gross. I tried a lot and every time, I am depressed.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
beeb wrote:
La Mer. It was like very expensive Vaseline!

I think it needs some special operation. I tried some La mer stuff. It is fine if the price is not considered.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I found Strivectin and Hylexin to both be hugely overrated. Neither of them did squat for me.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
vitamin e eyecream from the body shop. Really i dont think that product actually works at all. In fact when i wake up in the morning i think the eye area looks worser Confused

yet if i put on silkia camellia oil on face and eye area before going to sleep and in the morning the eye area looks soo good and overall face has a glow and rested look to it!
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I reviewed every post, educational Laughing

My list:

Suisse Programme: some Switzerland brand, I bought in HK SASA, their cream(forget which one, the anti-ageing one) is like $100. it did not a thing; My mum didn't like it either( usually the products not suitable for me will work miracle on my Mum, like the Lar Praire)

Vera Wang: lip gloss( undescribable sticky), worst ever.

For Nutragena: their sun protection products are not bad at all; I actually like them: Smile

Shu Uemura: their cleansing oil is the best ever I can't live without it! Just make sure after using it if you feel a bit greasy, use a gentle cleanser again. And it will do a beautiful job.

Clarins: I don't think it is that bad either. Their Quenching Serum is so far the best moisturizing serum. Rolling Eyes and it is quite economical

Hope that helps Wink
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
wow!! I've used loads of terrible products! My all time worst are probably:
1. aveda's tourmalin charged cream (gave me a pretty bad broken capillary)
2. trilogy's rosehip oil (gave me perioral dermatitis). It's a shame about the rosehip oil. It gave me a nice glow.
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Anything made by Estee Lauder mixed with gylocic acid in it, I have a severe allergic reaction to Sad
agrimony

Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clinique's 3 Step. Although I like their Turn Around Cream sometimes as something different on a day when I feel a bit dry. Or night rather. And I like their cream touch base shadows - I use Buff Lightening as a shadow base. And the Different Lipstick. Like it sometimes on it's own cause I have used the Black Honey for years and it is kind of nostalgia for me.
Estelle
5% products discount

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
On my last trip to the States I got the "Take the doctor home with you" Dr. Brandt Discovery kit. It includes the Microdermabrasion, R3P cream, Crease Release and the Laser Tight. What a load of nonsense!!!
The Crease Release makes my eyes water even when I apply it to my forehead and leaves a weird white dry layer. The rest of the products have done absolutely nothing to my skin either. The only thing is that I want to eat the R3P-cream because of the way it smells Rolling Eyes , probably would be the best use for it as well LOL!VERY DISAPPOINTING & WASTE OF MONEY!!!!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique all products
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
H2O
Body Shop
Cetapil
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried H2O...I have to admit I've been tempted. But it's that bad eh? Maybe I'll stay away from that and save myself some money. Thanks!

Oh, and for all the Clinique haters, my cousin swears by the stuff, so who knows! Rolling Eyes I don't think I'd ever try it though...Seems to harsh for my skin.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
For me, it's Cetaphil and Clinique as well.
Also Ole' Henriksen fresh start eye cream - gave my poor eye area more small lines
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Pantene anything,the worst of the worst
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I just tried Revlon 3D Mascara. It's the worst mascara I have ever used.
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
An Origins eye cream serum that is NOT doing the magic that I was promised! I'm talking to you Dr. Weil!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank god for a bad memory. I just chuck stuff that doesn't work for me.

Oh, but I do hate orange streaky self-tanners!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:23 am      Reply with quote
many many,what i could still remember is burt's bee hair cleansing soap and its hand salve,valmont priority cream, serum with vc
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
woohoo clinque is really at the top of the list. Rolling Eyes other worst products: olay whitening treatment mask (very oily and clog the skin after use.... sigh), h2o oasis eye gel (cant remember the name, expensive and will irritate the eyes... sigh)

ok enough complaints hehe Laughing
mahcksein

Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil abused me too. It was so greasy, but for some reason I didn't connect the state of my face to the lotion and instead subjected myself to tons of harsh astringents. Also sensitized my skin and initiated the Age of Adult Acne. Pooh
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
anything qualifies as a "worst product" for me that is overly scented. so that's 90% of hair products, anything lancome,...the list goes on.
beti
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to add Lush solid shampoo bars to the list. The 'shine' one gave me bad dandruff. I had to throw it out straight away. I guess it might be because it had a high proportion of SLS or something like that.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lorac publicity stunt lashes.

it's a super long-wearing mascara.

well, first off, it doesn't last an hour unless you're super-careful about putting it on clean lashes. apply after washing and drying your face BEFORE any creams or it'll start flaking immediately.

the really crap thing is that it dried out my lashes. they got dry and crispy. i even found a split end! and the ends got weird and bent at a funny angle.

unfortunately i didn't live close enough to a sephora to return it in a timely manner.

grr!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |