Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Been reading all your disliked products with interest. My own unwish list would include:-

Pantene shampoo/conditioner - left my hair dull and dry with a horrible sticky film all over. My hairdresser told me it is the curse of shampoo and to never go near it with a bargepole! It took a lot of clarifying shampoo and about a month to completely get rid of the film
Bliss Steep Clean 15min Mask - i ordered this from USA on line (I'm in UK)and waited SIX MONTHS (count 'em!) for it to be delivered. It promised the world and delivered nothing. I was soooo disappointed as i don't normally pay that much for any toiletry, but fell for extraordinary right-up they gave themselves. It made no difference to my skin whatsoever.

Sad
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Haircare with lots of silicone in general, my fine hair becomes flat from it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
On the silicone theme, I stopped at the Clinique counter yesterday, as they were having a 'gift w/ purchase' promo. Why I gravitated to this counter, I will never know (I guess I can be lured in with the gift advertising like the best of them!). I checked out the Advanced Stopsigns or similar name as it was mentioned in the Yarosh book, but the second ingredient after water is silicones, and there are many more silicones listed throughout the ingredient list. It was very easy to walk away from the white coated assistants and confidently say to them that I wouldn't use such a product with so many silicones! Their look was priceless.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I guess mine would be PSF's Stimucol eye cream. It had a kind of gritty texture, and the mustardy color didn't inspire confidence in the vitamin C's stability. On top of that, their airless pump failed on me and I had to open the pump and scoop out product. I ended up chucking the whole thing.

I really like most of the PSF things I've tried--good products at a good price, but the Stimucol? That one is a miss, not a hit.
Kiley
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:16 am      Reply with quote
For me it it the Obagi Elastiderm eye products. $80 for the a.m. cream, and $80 for the p.m. cream,and after four months of use, absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

Kiley
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 am      Reply with quote
2 and above I think...

phredd4 wrote:
I have a friend that works at a Clinique counter and she swears some of the ingredients in one of their toners is also listed in finger nail polish removers. I can't remember which one it was now.

-Cheri
winniewyf
5% products discount

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
vote for clinique total turnaround serum and pore minimizer, make my skin break out and even more blackheads. Mad
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
aussiegirl wrote:
Safire wrote:
annak212nyc wrote:
the worst stuff I've ever used was from Origins... it's all chemicals!

I would have to agree. I remember the SA kept going on about how the products are all natural etc etc. But I found them horrible! Mad For some reason I seem to get the same sort of reaction to all products/brands from the Estee Lauder companies. Confused

i worked in that industry for years and i agree that estee lauder is complete rubbish and so is origins. origins feels gel like and doesnt seem like it has any substance to it.

Estee Lauder's ANR is very popular in Asia.
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Jason Tea Tree Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner! Oh first they both smelled reminiscent of dog shampoo, and secondly my hair turned to straw. The conditioner made my hair heavy and I really couldn't comb through it very well. It took weeks for my hair to get back to normal! Sad I was disappointed because I am a big fan of Jason products too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin. Clinique 3 step did a good job to clear up my pores years ago. I can't bear any cleansers that are cream-based because they can't clean my skin thoroughly.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:29 am      Reply with quote
julian_y wrote:
I have combination skin. Clinique 3 step did a good job to clear up my pores years ago. I can't bear any cleansers that are cream-based because they can't clean my skin thoroughly.

julian, I have the same skin type and cream-based cleansers leave my face greasy when used alone, but they do perfect work at removing any waterresistant sunscreen or heavy makeup, just follow with your normal foaming cleanser. This duo: cream cleanser + mild foaming cleanser works perfectly for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Clinique skincare products are destructive, especially the cleansers and toners (but I like their makeup, especially the Glossy Mascara).

Lush stuff is just awful for your skin (but I love their marketing).

Clarins has too much fragrance. Every sample I've tried makes me feel like I'm wearing old-lady perfume.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I hate Smooth E baby face foam........
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Yes Jeannine, even the overpowering smell of a Lush shop is just woo too much. I'm sure their ingredients are all natural, but they seem to be very strong and a bit rough.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
sisley's products brought me lots of acne
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
lavendula wrote:
In my expience, Dr. Brandt poreless line is the worst product I ever tried.
I bought a poreless kit, including cleasing, toner, crean and gel.
First, the smell is awful, almost making me sick.
Secondly, no effects on the pore.
Most importantly, these products make me break out.

I agree, I only used Dr. Brandt's Poreless Gel and it did nothing to prevent pimples. It was sticky too. The smell I can handle but the price for a useless product, I cannot.

Another one to add to this lovely list is:

All of Chanel's foundations I've tried. Horrible for very oily skin because they all oxidize even with a finishing powder.
(Teint Innocence Creme - SA said she has oily skin and it works - it doesn't;
Double Perfection Compact - Turns orange and it emphasizes pores
Mat Lumiere Powder Compact - More like a pressed powder that cannot hold back oilies very well)
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:32 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Yes Jeannine, even the overpowering smell of a Lush shop is just woo too much. I'm sure their ingredients are all natural, but they seem to be very strong and a bit rough.

I totally agree. I wouldn't go near a Lush shop because the smell is just overwhelming.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Got to be that St. Ive's Apricot scrub - yuck! And ANY clinique moisturizer...
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
L'Occitane products for the face. I find them overpriced and ineffective at making a difference in the skin. Frangrance can be irritating for me too.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty Green Apple peel (for sensitive skin) gave me the most horrible burn. Suprisingly, I can easily tolerate PSF pumpkin Enzyme Peel and even NCN 20% Pro Pumpkin Peel
Confused
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I had a problem with a pumpkin peel that I got at Makeup artists choice. It made my face so red and burning immediately, I immediately washed it off my face and threw it in the garbage. I absolutely did not want anything to do with that product! Rolling Eyes
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
otherloulou wrote:

I totally agree. I wouldn't go near a Lush shop because the smell is just overwhelming.

agreed. the smell is horrifying... it sure doesn't smell particularly natural. and i definitely question the "all natural" status of the thick crust of glitter on some of their bath balls! sure, it's sort of cute & quirky... but consider the prospect of trying to get all that glitter off of skin/towels/bathtub/etc... no thanks.
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
i have to give a big thumbs down to jurlique's "daily exfoliating cream". eesh. it was chunky as all get out and had such a harsh chemical odor i rinsed it off immediately. it really crudded up the sink too.
Banh
5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Lots of people hate Clinique, I don't like most of their skincare products but I like the water surge, it calms my redness. And I like their mascara.

And I don't like origins, it broke me out.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:54 am      Reply with quote
for me,the smell of Clinque lotion is too bad
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |