Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ErLskincare

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I was always breaking out

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
paula's choice mask for oily skin... brrr...
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
The worst products that I ever tried are Mary Kay, and Clinque.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
1. Clinique 3 Step gave me hives all over my face! I looked crazy...I went to return it with the hives and they tried to sell me on some product for the hives...NO THANKS!

2. Aveda Tourmaline Eye Cream made me have a huge milia breakout on my eyes...

3. Cetephil Face Lotion with Sunscreen burned my cheeks...and undereye area. The one without sunscreen is awesome.
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I tried their 3 step skincare system a couple of years ago and I started breaking out more than I was before. Sad

ErinChristine
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
the worst for me was Murad Acne Complex.. The worst.. Man i was so depressed for a month becuase of the purging process and after 9 weeks of on it still no improvement.. I never went out missed work at times.. It was so embarrassing... Embarassed
klytamnestra

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mad

1) st ives apricot scrub

2) mary kay anything

3) avon anything

4) all the overly-perfumed lines...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey Vegecell night treatment. Terrible smell and greasy feel, woke up with a layer on my face.
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have to disagree with an earlier poster and say that the Murad acne line helped my skin tremendously and I rarely break out anymore, but different people have different skin. For the worst products, I will say anything from the drugstore like Cover Girl, Jane, Wet and Wild etc. These are obvious choices but when I was younger these were always advertised in teen magazines so I thought they were the best things available.

I HATED the Ojon hair mask. It smelled terrible and made my hair lifeless Sad

I hate Prada perfume by Prada. It smells like an old thrift store or something.

I loved the smell of Herbal Essences products.. I wish better shampoos smelled more like it.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
St ives apricot scrub
Philosphy hope in a Jar
Clinique's skin care products

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:49 am      Reply with quote
Sisley's Creme Reparatrice

my skin went crazy when i first moved to france and was trying everything to fix it. over-used Exfoliac wash/topical to clear the breakouts and ended up with the most dehydrated fsce ever. in an effort to soothe it, i went for the highest end moisturising cream everybody was raving about. wrong wrong wrong! something in it was just way wrong for my skin (shea butter?) and i ended up with the worst breakouts of my life. my skin was soft, but had what felt like mounds of red cystic acne with whiteheads. my complexion could have been used to film life on mars! Shock
valerianroots
5% products discount

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I have been a scin care junkie since my teens when I had terrible acne.

1)Clinique 3 Step: the cleanser and soap were too drying, and the dramatically different moisturiser wasn't moisturising at all. in fact it was too oily and just sat on the surface of my skin

2) Estee Lauder: Idealist was the last straw. The SA promised me the world (smaller pores, even skin tone, softer skin etc)and assured me that the effects would be permanent. Ifound out later that the magic ingradients were silicones which temporarily smoothed out my skin. Ended up using it as a very expensive primer.

3) most department store brands: not hard core enough and too much fragrance. i prefer cleaner formulations
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
May I add some items from Avon?
Their ultimate eye cream just has the velvety feeling but doesn't really deliver

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, my worst product(s) was the Perricone skin line; only in that it was so expensive for the little black bag of potions, that I expected too much. While I didn't have problems with any of the items which took double time to use!, I didn't notice any results after 2 weeks.

Bad experience at a spray-on tanning session; you get sprayed and let it dry and leave. In about two hours after mine, I saw major STREAKS of dark tan down my legs; its like when you paint and those little puddles of paint form a drop like thingy, but you can paint those out. Well, I couldn't unpaint my streaks and had to go on vacation wearing pants.....

And Sour Apple, I too was sooo disappointed with Prada's perfume; WHAT were they thinking?!!

My skin didn't like Benefits sealer.
But does like the rest of their products.

And I'm still looking for the magic moisturizer....
The never ending quest for decent products........

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:44 am      Reply with quote
hivanessa28 wrote:
And Sour Apple, I too was sooo disappointed with Prada's perfume; WHAT were they thinking?!!

That makes three of us.... Sad

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:45 am      Reply with quote
How about Shishedo products?
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yves Rocher lip gloss was horrible. Too perfumey and gave me a bitter taste in the mouth. Couldn't wear it for more than 15 minutes.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:37 am      Reply with quote
These were the worst! Mad Mad

Clinique (can't use foul language here!)
Obagi - Yikes!
Avon - did nothing
Mary Kay - what was I thinking! Embarassed
Allowette - horrible, sticky - did nothing
DDF eye gel - puffiest eyes I've ever had
Dermaradiant - did nothing
Avotone - YUCK!!!
Neo-Strata eye cream - liked face creams though
Much more, but can't think of them!

Thank God for PSF,Juvedical eye serum, JB, and Valmont!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl - what didn't you like about obagi?
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think it was too much for my skin type. Never got out of the gross peel, redness, yucky stage. Quit after 2 months. Couldn't stand looking like that everyday!! Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl - I lasted 6 weeks. Never got any reaction at all, in fact my skin was oily and I have noraml skin! That, plus at the end I added the Clear and had a bad asthma attack from the HQ! Thanks for answering!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I can't believe it didn't do anything to your skin. I looked like I went through a meat grinder every day. It was really brutal on my face. It NEVER stopped peeling! Hated it. Mad Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
And me, I prayed for the peeling to start! Oh, well goes to show not all products work on all people! I'm going in for a "professional" peel next Friday. We will see if I really do or not!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl - let me know how it turns out and good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Oh,the price we pay. Hehehe......

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, sportgirl.I'll let you know how it goes!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |