Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Nuetrogena makes me break out.On the other hand, my sister loves it.

My partner claims that Neutrogena acne cleansing gel makes him break out but it didn't break me out. It didn't help my existing acne either so wouldn't recommend it anyway.
sunflower75

Wed May 26, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ole Henrickson-Three Little Wonders: over priced crap that does nothing but sit on top of your face

Benefit-Erase Paste: worst concealer ever! Thick and sits in fine lines and accentuates what you are trying to cover up

Smashbox-Photo Finish Primer: balls up on my face and breaks me out

Smashbox-Oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF: greasy, terrible

Burt's Bees products-People always want to give the little samplers as thank you gifts at showers, weddings. So, I've tried so so many. Not impressed at all.

Decleor-Peel-off mask: Did nothing

AND FINALLY.......CLINIQUE!! Shocker! Shock
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I have had 4 bad experiences that are mostmemorable:

1) Benefit Eyecon eye cream (in canada almost $40)
-the eyecon cream the first time I tried it over makeup it was ok.

Next day try it as eye cream and itlefta very harsh stinging sensation in the eye area and my eye looked kinda sunburned, later that day my skin looked and felt like sandpaper.
I contcted Benefit about this and they were like "oh people never react to out product".

Based on that I will not buy their items.
Even though I can get them very cheaply I donot care.

2)some organic store brand (life brand) deodorant. It wasalmost $10 too.
As soon as Iput it on it burned my skin and I had to run and rinse it off.
I think it was the essential oils in it.
Felt kinda stupid for actually returning deo at the store-hadto use ice and Beneadryl cream for a few days...not fun.

Sally Hanssen top coat?
I usually wear Mavala and Dior nail polish and the finish is super shiny.
Was out of top coat and nail dry stuff and tried the Sally Hansen one.
Made my mail polish look dull and mucky.
Have not bought that brand since.
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yves Saint Laurent Singulier Mascara. i cannot believe YSL has a bad product like that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
These were the worst! Mad Mad

Clinique (can't use foul language here!)
Obagi - Yikes!
Avon - did nothing
Mary Kay - what was I thinking! Embarassed
Allowette - horrible, sticky - did nothing
DDF eye gel - puffiest eyes I've ever had
Dermaradiant - did nothing
Avotone - YUCK!!!
Neo-Strata eye cream - liked face creams though
Much more, but can't think of them!

Thank God for PSF,Juvedical eye serum, JB, and Valmont!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Neostrata has good creams, at least in Canada!

But any of their eyeand face creams with acids.wayyyyy too harsh and had to rinse them off (just had samples),but a ton of samples.

Their Wrinkle repair can be use on the eye area and has no acids that I know of,nice and absorbs very well.

Their Firming eye cream,works quickly,but a bit drying by itself. Does not peel or flake off myskin and feels refreshing.

They have another eye cream withno acids,but Ithink they changed the name and packaging,so not sure of the name..will try and check.

But Neostrata 8% glycolic "toning solution" frikkin burns your skin, helps a bit w blemishes,but doubt I'll rebuy.

Their gel cleansers-meh..overpriced.

I just looked at the Neostrata site, and seems what Canada has is totally different.
If I just had those 2 choices of eye cream they have there...meh.

Neostrata in Canada is mostly in pump bottles thesedays and trying to be a "fancy line".

----------------
Serious skincare I used to like their cleansers, esp the vitamin one.
Their continuoussly clear sulfur mask worked great for me and was cheap around here.
Used it for a few years as a spot treatment no issues.

But lately their face masks burnmy skin..so had to look for something else.
Probably from the essentialoils.

Serious skincare is no longersold in Canada though (maybe shopping channel had too many returns Laughing
Now serious skincare is so overpriced online,really not bothering to look at their supposed high end branding.

For high end maybe Dior Acne line?
was in blue packaging in canada at dept stores.
Has a stupid mattifying powderyou paton with fingers and came in a super small container,felt nice and kinda has some moisture thing in it..but soooo not worth it.
I think I would have not tried as much Dior if it were not for all the extras I get.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Olay Regenerist. Never made any difference in my skin, a line that keeps mushrooming and is pretty much out of control imo.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Clarins products are the worst. They have way too much fragrance--and it's a terrible fragrance. Smells like an old lady's over-applied Avon toilet spray.

One of my friends a few years ago had some skincare facial thing at Clarins and she was reacting very badly to everythingin the line.
The girl working at the counter was insisting the line is ok for sensitiv skin...

My friend looked like she was crying all day..not a good way to sell a line.

I also think Laura Geller is overrated, the lipsticks smell too much like "old perfume" that is really strong, this is even before the lipstick gets to your face...

I bought a set with 3 geller items @sephora, and the line is no better than physician formula...actuall physicians formula is better,much better and does not reek.

Lancaster, tried the skincare..really did nothing,and too fragranced.
Their eye shadows are nice and Ihad a ton of them when they changed the packaging.
They are nice, butnot worth more than $15

Revlon, just sucks.
I can't beleive they still sell those things with 5 cream eye shadows, they do not show up and crease and are super greassy.
Even using a lip balm onmy eyes with mineral powder has better staying powder.

Lancaster also usedto have some "oxygen mask"and i was given a sample. The girl working there told me there is oxygen in the cream and it helps your skin breathe.
I did not try and contradict her, but really?

It was a mask with glycerin and menthol..

I've tried too much makeup and am super picky thesedays.

Maybeline sometimes has nice items. A few years ago they had these nice blushesin round compacts, remember they weremade in europe.
But that was only one season,I wish they brought those back.

Those Cover Girl "smokey eye" things with a stick and 2 shades are such a waste.
I saw it at the store, did not try it but as soon as I saw the packaging, I knew it would suck.

The two ends are like lipsticks and once you wear off the points you are left with a bulky mess.
Well maybe you can somehow use a makeup brush,but i doubt most people will think of that.
falllegend
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy
glanda

Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
After reading this, I decide to say something... Clinique!!! I hate it... Before I used it, I never had acne. After using it, I suffered the acne on my face for almost 3 year. I hate it so much!!!
AppleJade

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh.....Clinique toner no. 4 and their Moisture Surge moisturiser are two of my HGs. I have very tough skin!

I've never yet liked anything I've used from The Body Shop, and I now know to run a mile in the opposite direction from anything with mineral oil (which is at least 90% of all skincare). So my list of disasters, before I got ingredient savvy, is verrry long.

Also any supposedly long-lasting lippie, but especially Max Factor. No matter what colour they started as, they always turn old lady red after a few minutes.

eta - how could I possibly forget the Bliss 'Steep Clean' mask? Awful awful, awful......
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just have to insert my few cents here.

First of all, i 100% agree about The Body Shop moisturizers. No matter which one i use - few weeks later i always end up with bumped skin.
My 20 years old doughtier likes it though.

Another product i MUST warn to be careful with - Step # 1. Slim Down by Galina Todd. It claims to help you fight cellulite and it probably does for those who survived the treatment. Few minutes after i applied the product on my thighs my skin turned red. It was burning so much i immediately washed it with the cold water and applied after-sun cream. The sensation was exactly the same as you get when you sunburn. I seriously considered to go to emergency room.
Fortunately everything was gone in few hours.

When next morning i called the company to complain about my reaction and make sure they put proper warnings on their site or remove it completely for additional testing - the reply was "Nobody ever complained about the product. It is your specific reaction." Sorry, i have no allergies and never suffered from too sensitive skin. The product is still on their site waiting for the next victim.

Hope this will help someone.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
I just have to insert my few cents here.

First of all, i 100% agree about The Body Shop moisturizers. No matter which one i use - few weeks later i always end up with bumped skin.
My 20 years old doughtier likes it though.

Another product i MUST warn to be careful with - Step # 1. Slim Down by Galina Todd. It claims to help you fight cellulite and it probably does for those who survived the treatment. Few minutes after i applied the product on my thighs my skin turned red. It was burning so much i immediately washed it with the cold water and applied after-sun cream. The sensation was exactly the same as you get when you sunburn. I seriously considered to go to emergency room.
Fortunately everything was gone in few hours.

When next morning i called the company to complain about my reaction and make sure they put proper warnings on their site or remove it completely for additional testing - the reply was "Nobody ever complained about the product. It is your specific reaction." Sorry, i have no allergies and never suffered from too sensitive skin. The product is still on their site waiting for the next victim.

Hope this will help someone.

Companies when you have a skin issue like that, it totally puts me off buying any of that brand.

Benefit was the same way when I emailed about their Eyecon sucky eye cream leaving a "mild burn".
I have a few Benefit items I got free here, and their lip gloss is lame tates ok but wears off so fast (got it as a prize somewhere Laughing

A company that has had great service when I had a skin issue with a product was Johnson+Johnson.
I seem to have sensitivity to their Clean and clear vitamin C eye gel a few years ago (discontinued now).
I could not use that cream more than 2x ina row with skin sensitivity, and I know most companies have return policies,
and so emailed them asking and they were very helpful and sent me a replacement coupon for a product Smile
I now know I can not use any vitamin C stuff in the eye area, and nothing w acids either.

-------------
Another lame product was a Johnson Johnson clean and clear eye stick.
It was a eye "cream" stick that felt cool on the skin and was supposed to make the eye area more awake looking.
The formula always looked clumpy on me,so could not use it during the day.
But the stick felt very nice and refreshing at the end of the day (and still clumped...)

But I have to add I would always rebuy that one lousy product when it was still around- it just felt so refreshing....and the price was good (like $7? at the time for a huge stick).

Now the only replacement I know of is the Vichy eye stick and that is great,not clumpy..but like $35 thesedays Sad
-and it is super small too!

Serious Skincare any eye products...they all suck!
I used to buy a lot of that line (and would if it was easier to get here).
Really liked the cleansers and masks before.
But their eye creams are all thick and just yucky..and do not work.

Serious skincare serums, feel nice and fresh-but do nothing other than moisturize.
I used to get serums in the package I bought from them and they always did nothing.
I think aloe vera gel works just as well.

Lancaster face creams, all over pefumed.

Dior blemish line....there is a reason it is not around anymore Laughing

Thesedays I never buy anything without getting samples first..saves a lot of trouble and $ that way.

Also, have to add I just love those ELF makeup ads that claim the line is as good as Mac and Nars.
somehow I doubt $1 makeup is usually good.

NYC brand makeup,have not bought but tried testers at a store...lousy.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I remember that Clean and Clear eye product your talking about Ottawa Shopper! I think I used that about 7 years ago! I forgot all abut that one! Your right it was always very clumpy! I remember it having sort of a sheen. What a product! Laughing
Burgundygirl

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin so I have to be careful what I use on it.
I have tried many different brands and over all I really like DHC skin care. It's an online, catalog brand from Japan. Great products, reasonably priced and always with 4 samples. The Olive Oil Cleanser is the BEST EVER!
I especially like their eye creme.
Smile
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Clinque 3-steps definitely my least favorite products

which is a nightmare
Churst
5% products discount

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Like most of the people who have posted on this thread I have also used Clinique, Murad, Dermalogica, Perricone, Kiehls, and many many others. At one point in my quest for a good skin care line that would help my acne prone skin I was spending upwards of $2,000 a month on so called amazing products. That was until I discovery the ZO Skin Health line. You have dry skin, acne prone skin, oily skin, they have a cleanser for you! I swear this line works. I have been using both their Offects Exfoliating cleanser and the Offects Hydrating Cleanser ( I switch every other day) I have also been using the Ommerse Daily Renewal Creme and the Ommerse Overnight Recovery Creme. I am in love with this line, it is all about a no non sense, no frou frou approach to serious skincare with RESULTS!!!!!
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Sephora Lipsticks and Glosses. The gloss in a tube puffed my sisters lips out until they cracked! When she went to complain to Sephora the girl agreed that there were others with the same side effects! My lips started swelling too. She said it was worse than Melanie Griffith's Botox. The other lipstick I purchased fell apart in my purse after one week. The matte lipstick dried out my lips until they peeled. Enough!
pinknika
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not trying to bad mouth any company but I'm sure they have wonderful things besides this cream. I have to say the worse product I have used recently is Derma e's Dmae, alpha lipoic, vit c cream. Smells like rancid cinnamon with skunk Confused And it BURNS. I contacted them and they tested the batch and said I have no problems. Weird. Does nothing and smells horrible. The boyfriend won't go near me. Blah. I'm eyeing Source Naturals Skin eternal cream, that and Silk naturals serum and moisturizers. I'm sure those will be much better!!
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena made my skin horribly dry and flaky
Vichi stung my skin
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:27 am      Reply with quote
pinknika wrote:
I'm not trying to bad mouth any company but I'm sure they have wonderful things besides this cream. I have to say the worse product I have used recently is Derma e's Dmae, alpha lipoic, vit c cream. Smells like rancid cinnamon with skunk Confused And it BURNS. I contacted them and they tested the batch and said I have no problems. Weird. Does nothing and smells horrible. The boyfriend won't go near me. Blah. I'm eyeing Source Naturals Skin eternal cream, that and Silk naturals serum and moisturizers. I'm sure those will be much better!!

I have some Derma E items and overall liked what I tried.

Psorzema body lotion-has no smell, is very light so good for summer, helps with dry itchy skin.
-overpriced in canada at almost $40 at the drugstore...crazy.
I buy that online for around $15-20 usually.

Psorzema cream, is nice on elbows and arms,
not sure if I will rebuy.

Psorzema body wash. very liquidy,no smell.
good for sensitive skin.

Dermabrasion recovery serum.
bought it cuz it was oil and fragrance free.
it is refreshing on the skin...but not sure it has other benefits I can tell?
might buy it again as it is light and does not bother me.

Pycnogenol eye gel-mosturizes nicely.
used to buy that,but not lately.
it was a nice product.

Fragrance free body lotion!
That one is my favorite now.
it seems to help well with itching and dryness.
I like it better than my other body lotions.
Used to like Aveno more..but this is much nicer and actually absorbs.

-my mom likes the Derma E lavender body lotion,

The derma E item I hate is the antiseptic lotion for feet? in a jar.
smells too much of tea tree and is so liquidy the jar has spilled a bunch.
works ok, hate the smell so trying to use it up eventually.
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Clinique seems the top worst product, I never tried this line, but I will stay away from it, While someone also listed obagi, I am just going to make an order and try this line!, now I am very confused !!!!
kk29
5% products discount

Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Clarins and Dermologica have both made me break out horrendously. The yellow moisturizer that Clinique do felt like it was sitting on my skin all day.

Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ive tried so many products and dont know which one is good.... Maybe my skin dont take changes in facials product. Or maybe it changed over ages?
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:26 am      Reply with quote
SK2, make me sensitive and the skin become thin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I do part time work at a day spa, so good quality products are in excess. I'm a product junkie though so have my own that constantly change.

The worst product to me is Clean and Clear Astringent Toner. I dont know why it's so bad but having used it twice on separate occasions it's caused a rash both times everywhere it's applied: I do quite a few high strength peels so its strange because none of them give me a rash or any where near half as much flaking as that trash does.

The ingredients list dosent contain that many nasties but the liquid is colored blue, so that should probably have been a warning signal for me Rolling Eyes

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |