Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Worst Product
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl wrote:
Wow! I can't believe it didn't do anything to your skin. I looked like I went through a meat grinder every day. It was really brutal on my face. It NEVER stopped peeling! Hated it. Mad Mad

That's EXACTLY what happened to me with retin-a micro. I guess our skin is just more sensitive!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi TAM,

Guess I'll be staying away from the retin-A micros too!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Here are some of the products I wasted my money on Mad

Vichy Purete Thermal Cleansing Mousse (i have normal skin and this dried me out!)
L'Oreal Renourish cleaning range - lotion and toner
L'Oreal Visible Results Eye Contour Perfect (i don't like how once you apply it, it just kind of sits there...)
Clarins Gentle Eye Make up Remover Lotion (too expensive and stings my eyes too)
Clarins Eye Cream - feels nice but doesn't do anything! well for me at least
No 7 Eye Make Up remover (i'd rather take my own eye out thanks)
estee laudee lucidity light diffusing concealer

Oh, and Clinique of course

that's all i can remember at the moment
lithia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Clarins Extra Firming Serum, made me have several whitehead around my nose after 3-4 days using, so I have to leave it alone, poor my $$
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I really only have one product that would fall into the "worst product" category ...

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisterizer.

It claims to immediately bring out skin's natural radiance. If making my skin red and burning the skin around my nose which took months to heal using ph balanced products for sensitive skin, is my skin's natural radiance ... then this product is right for that.

Personally I was surprised at this result, since Aveeno usually has good products. Guess I'll just stick to their body lotion.
mocha
5% products discount

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Simple purifying cleansing milk: did not have any cleansing effect, caused breakout!
H2O+ face oasis: no moisturizing effect.
Oil of olay total effect: irritated and cuasd breakout.
Sisley hydrating mask: irriated.
Sisley econological compound:breakout

These are all I can remember so far.....
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Blistex Lip Infusion (this actually dried my poor lips out even more)
Prestige Vinylwear glosses (disgustingly taste/smell like baby powder)
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear powders, pressed/loose (both left me with terrible breakouts)
L'Oreal Line Erase Pure Retinol Eye (it dried my eye area out without erasing any of the fine lines--retinols just don't seem to agree with me)
MOR Vegetable Soap in Persian Peach (smelled heavenly but dried out my skin)
Max Factor mascaras (waxy, heavy and clumpy)
St. Ives Apricot Scrub (so harsh!)
Biore Pore Strips (difficult to use and don't seem to do anything)
Revlon Expert Effect eyelash curler (clumsy to handle and didn't curl at all)
Herbal Essences shampoos (dried my hair to a crisp until I realized what was going on and switched to better 'poos)
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some of my product disasters:

Anything from H2O - very irritating products for facial skin

Cetaphil - didn't do a good enough job of cleansing my skin (I acutally wound up with product buildup on my face no matter how carefully I rinsed)

Jon Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shampoo - horrible stuff, left my hair simultaneously limp, and dry. Has a horrible overpowering foody scent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique! --> made my skin dry
St. Ives Apricot Scrub --> These were the days without EDS... ergo no knowledge! Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Neostrata Clarifying Facial Cleanser. It spoilt my whole life, i hate it so much. Please dont ever use this product!!
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Healthy skin really messed me up. My skin was like leather after using it for a few days...
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Clinique 3-step ruined my face so I've switced to Kiehl's which I now love. But I like Clinique's lip gloss.
Connie_26

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sad :

Clarins: the whole line
Biotherm: gave me blotchy skin and breakouts
Laroche-Posay: supposed to be a dermatologist grade product here in Canada... well, gives me red, itchy spots on my face... Embarassed

But then, I have extremely sensitive, pale skin and so some of these products might work for you.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique (again!)
Janson Beckett Okusil (mad emy eyes crepey and itchy) and Organic Cleanser - broke me out a LOT.
Sheer Cover - the worst MMU I have tried.
John Frieda shampoo & conditioner
Aussie hair products - dried out my hair and left it feeling vile!
Avon SkinSOSoft bath oil in Soft & Fresh (baby oil that smells like disinfectant but is a fabulous fly repellent when diluted 50/50 with water - I use it on my horses!!! Laughing )

Think that's all for now!
(oh except for any of the glittery LUSH products - the glitter makes me itch, stays on you no matter how much you shower and gets everywhere hideous stuff that ought to be taken out somewhere and blown up!)
:-&

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:19 am      Reply with quote
This is interesting reading all those bad reviews about clinique. they have a very good image here in Austria, like clean and simple and specially suitable for sensitive skin. I've never used any of the products (except some of the decorative cosmetics line) and looks like I'm not going to try them in the future either . . .
Well, I guess the worst product for me can be the best for somebody else. This is the biggest problem : to find the the best ones, which suit for my skin - I'm working on it the recent 25 years . . . with partial success . . .
So the absolute "no go" for me:
- my eyes cannot stand any product of the YSL eye-treatment range (causing real inflammation)
- Guerlain serum (produced nasty whiteheads on my chin)
- Aveda - supposed to be gentle for the skin, but my one just cannot handle the products (I've tried a lot)
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I've got very sensitive skin so when products don't work it's probably my allergies rather than because they're "the worst". After saying that, these items I tossed rather than risk using them in an emergency.

Cetaphil cleanser - gave me scaly patches
JB Organic Cleanser - scaly patches
Aveeno/Curel/Cetaphil moisturisers - eczema
Cover Girl Lash Exact - smudged, flaked and I could never get those stubby rubber bristles to work without smearing mascara onto my lids
BE mineral foundation - looked like I'd been dipped in gold, then broke me out Mad

There are plenty more but those come to mind first.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
My worst experience ever is probably with Cetaphil! My skin is oily and breaks out in the summer, but in the winter it gets soooo dry. I had heard so many good things about Cetaphil, how gentle it is, etc etc. Not ONLY did it not remove my make up, but it made my skin even more dry, argh!!! Luckily now I rely on Beauty Without Cruelty's Herbal Cream Cleanser to get me through the winter months--- it actually removes all my make up, and moisturizes too!
christinab77
5% products discount

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 Step (especially the yellow moisturizer) - tons of breakouts

Serious Skin Care - the acne treatment pack from a few years ago. Starting all those products all at once made my skin go crazy

Cetaphil cleanser - didn't clean my skin and broke me out

Mac Studio Fix - major whiteheads

Blistex Lip Infusion - dried out my lips and tasted terrible

Too many others I can't remember.....
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Cetaphil cleanser (doesn't clean enough and leaves a filmy feeling)

Revlon Age Defying Makeup w/ Botafirm (this stuff actually aged me!)

Most Clinique skin care has no effect and is a waste, but I do like their black Glossy Mascara and Almost Makeup in Light 02

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Clinique
SKII

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Ella Bache - YUCK, haven't liked any of their products at all!! I can't really remember what they did (or didn't do!) because was a good 3 years ago. I bought their products when I went to an Ella Bache salon for electrolysis - never doing that again either! Shock
I found that I really liked the Clinique 3-step when I was in my mid-teens but have not had success with it since.
Debbie.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Too many to mention! Sad But most recently I was quite disappointed with Ole Henriksen's - Invigorating Night Gel...which is I think supposed to be one of his "3 little wonders"

I thought this product had the most unsual smell, almost like mould! Confused It also made my skin sting like nothing before...the SA reassured me that it would be ok to use on sensitive skin, but she was wrong!! Mad
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Sisley's Creme Reparatrice

my skin went crazy when i first moved to france and was trying everything to fix it. over-used Exfoliac wash/topical to clear the breakouts and ended up with the most dehydrated fsce ever. in an effort to soothe it, i went for the highest end moisturising cream everybody was raving about. wrong wrong wrong! something in it was just way wrong for my skin (shea butter?) and i ended up with the worst breakouts of my life. my skin was soft, but had what felt like mounds of red cystic acne with whiteheads. my complexion could have been used to film life on mars! Shock

I would have to agree with you on this one...althought I this product, as it's the only thing that helps calm my reactive skin & it smells sooo Drool I ended up getting horrible breakouts because it's just simply way too rich for everyday use.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Mine would definitely have to be Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisterizer. I bought it thinking it would be a nice, natural moisterizer. My skin ended up so red and oozy, it was like an infection in every pore! AHHHH! I switched to Lamas Botanicals and I seriously CANNOT believe my skin looks as good as it does. I thought it would never be the same again.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 03, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Most of my bad experiences are with hair products-- Aussie Moist ruined my hair, as well as the 3-min Miracle. I used a Pantene "treament" once; big mistake. My hair was more snarly and dry AFTER I used it.

A Cover Girl Smoothers compact foundation-- break outs. Avon nailpolish-- peeled off like it was aluminum foil.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |