Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help me to be cured of blackheads.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jessica_alba

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I have been facing problems of blackheads and they seem to be getting worse. It really makes you look ugly and I am worried that if they will ever go away. If anyone of you has been in a similar situation or may be if you people know the cure for this, please let me know.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry I can't help you Sad . But this is a wonderful place and these girls (and some boys Smile ) will help you clear it up.
Good luck.
Lou
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
I found Eve Lom Cleanser reduced mine. Smile
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Check out the Clarisonic I read somewhere that it helped clear up blackheads..
Lou
lilithim
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I struggle with this too! I Feel Pretty's Pretty Amazing BHA liquids help for me, as does NaturDerm's Epidermx and good exfoliation -- but the biggest part is being consistent about it.
You can't go all out one day and expect them to be gone forever, it takes discipline.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Oil Cleansing Method? There is a thread on this but I can't seem to find it. Maybe someone will be able to locate/post it for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
jessica_alba wrote:
I have been facing problems of blackheads and they seem to be getting worse. It really makes you look ugly and I am worried that if they will ever go away. If anyone of you has been in a similar situation or may be if you people know the cure for this, please let me know.
Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid is very good.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
oh blackheads! mu problem also! Sad
I`ve been using JM bioglycolic bioclear cream for 2 weeks now (which is a AHA-BHA combo), but no progress yet Brick wall

5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to hear what others are doing too. I have them on my nose. I've been using obagi for 9 weeks now and there has been no improvement, very frustrating.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I used to always have blackheads on my nose. They are all gone now using PSF pumpkin peel twice a week, and using jojoba oil and pearl paste twice a day instead of moisturizer.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
mine disappeared when I switched from drugstore brands to Dr. Hauschka - CC, clarifying toner, and normalizing day oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
oh, I`m glad that you have so much success with it, but don`t tell me about Dr.Hauschka!! Speak to the hand
after using the cleansing cream, I received a lot of tiny whiteheads to my existing blachheads! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Since I've been using Epidermix II 2-3 times a week I have had absolutely no problems with these. Now if only it worked on milia, but so far no luck.
marmys
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-bha-solution-2-p_7807.htm

This is what I have in my shopping cart to try, based on opinions from here.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using PSF's 5% and love it!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
I am currently using PSF's 5% and love it!

I've tried that also but I really couldn't see it doing anything. I was just using it on my nose. I should admit that I didn't try it for very long though because it seemed to dry out my skin and make my nose red and blotchy.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
I have tried all these things and more, and still have the large pores to show for it. They are clean as can be, but just BIG!
The best thing I can do is to apply SilkenPearl primer (the powder) after sunscreen and before foundation. It fills in the craters and keeps oil at bay. Lasts all day too. With this I feel like I'm doing more than just covering them up, since it's reportedly good for the skin too.
Anyone else try this?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Could you share more about Silkenpearl primer and where you get it from? How is it good for the skin? Thanks so much
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Also, how is silken's international shipping? Expensive/fast?
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:41 am      Reply with quote
It's Silken Pearl Products http://www.silkenpearl.com/

I use the pearl paste under MMU and I love it. Definitely helps with oil control. I have the primer powder too but haven't been as successful in figuring out how to use it - it's a while powder, and I can't seem to get the application down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
sgresnic, I apply my pearl paste, then a light coating of pearly primer, then my MMU. I find it helps my MMU stay on longer and go on more evenly.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
sgresnic, I apply my pearl paste, then a light coating of pearly primer, then my MMU. I find it helps my MMU stay on longer and go on more evenly.

Thanks!!! I'll give it a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
One important thing that hasn't been mentioned is EXFOLIATION!!!
It is really important to continue to get rid of the dead skin that builds up and clogs your pores. Keeping your skin clean with exfoliants and peel masks will help keep your pores clean, reduce blackheads, and help keep the pores from getting larger.
I am not sure what to recommend because I don't know your age, skin type, or sensitivities. If you post that info, you're sure to get more advice!
Good Luck
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
My blackheads significantly reduced with no scrubs or masks (over the past month) when I used an antibacterial face wash followed by Retin A daily. Not sure what was it that worked tho, the RetinA or the antibacterial wash. It's almost invisible now even when barefaced.

This is in contrast to my weekly scrub, masks, pore peels previously -my face then still had blackheads that could be seen through foundation bases. Apologies, dont mean to gross anyone out! Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
sgresnic

Thanks for the link!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |