Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Obagi/flushing after finished using products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have read about this from mtveiw's posts and I think lonestar and I really need some help with this.

I'm 38, started using Obagi in June 2007. Had the normal amount of peeling, etc. The most bothersome thing was the flushing in the afternoon that I would get- couldn't understand why it happened at that time?

After months of being on it, I stopped the Exfoderm and Sunfader and only used Clear at night hoping this would stop the flushing. I think it did help but I still had major exfoliation daily with just using the blender and Retin-A at night. November 2007 I decided to stop all Obagi products. Since then I have still experienced flushing- maybe even more so than when on the whole program.

It usually happens at 5 -7 in the evening which is so embarressing as this is when dinner/social time is for me. My face stays fine all day then- whoosh- in the evening to the point where I think I have developed the beginning stages of rosacea. I even feel the heat in my eyeballs from the flush.

I am now getting broken blood vessels from the flushing and am considering IPL as nothing else seems to help.

I cannot believe my skin is like this and does anyone have any tips on what might help with the flushing? It might be a matter of letting this run it's course but it's ruining my skin.
hol

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am having the same problem after obagi. I started in June of 2007 and realized that my face was flushing when out to dinner in the fall Sad . I stopped using obagi in January 2008 and the flushing seems to have gotten worse. I have been to two different doctors. One doctor said I just burned my skin and when he realized that it had not cleared up in 6 weeks, he decided to diagnose me with "Rosacea". He gave me some clyndamycn but it doesn't seem to work. The other doctor said I have sobbearhic dermatitis and gave me a steriod cream. I have used it for a couple of days but I am thinking it will only make things worse so I am going to stop. I have no idea what to do.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry Obagi seems to have caused your facial redness/flushing!

I know I had a lot of redness and flushing when I was on Obagi too, but after my 18 weeks was up I didn't have any more flushing or redness. I personally (no scientific backup or anything) think that my flushing was caused by my skin trying to build the epidermal layer up which means more blood flow and heat to my face.

My face was red...like an apple! Since it seems both of you have already finished your cycles and stopped Obagi, I guess this isn't the case for you.

I truly don't know what to recommend you, other than to go easy on the active ingredients in the product you're using now. Maybe something collagen building? Maybe Obagi Action can help?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any idea what to tell you about both of your facial redness since you have both stopped Obagi. The only thing I can think of is to try a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer, like from the LRP or Avene line.

You could try posting this question on the YTF forum. Here is the link.

http://spectacularskin.com/forum/forum.php

Someone there may be able to help you.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same problem, but it went away about 2-3 weeks after I stopped using Obagi. It was a little annoying, almost like when you get really embarrassed and turn red and flushed. Having that everyday...but thankfully it went away. I hope it goes away for you ladies too, maybe it just takes a little while longer. Everyone has different reactions.
hol

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I am curious about your situation. Do you live in cold weather currently? Are you using some type of moisturizer? Does your skin seem very dry?

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem as you. As I went off Obagi in January. My face seems dry but I am afraid to put anything on it at this point.
Desinda
5% products discount

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Don't stop and don't worry about dryness. If you stick with Obagi and do your regimen, you will have fantastic results by the time you reach week 12! Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |