Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's the big deal with Shu Uemara Lash Curler?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought one, and it doesn't do anything more for me than my MUCH cheaper NYC lash curler. Actually I think my NYC one does a better job for my eyelashes than the Shu. Anyway I just ordered the tweezerman corner lash curler from EDS. I hope it works better. I often have trouble with the corner lashes not getting inside the curler, so they remain stick straight.
Frangipani
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi bkkgirl,

I hope you don't mind me adding a few more questions to yours.

I have a Shu Curler also but it's the only curler I have ever used so I can't really compare.

I too have trouble getting my corner lashes to fit into the curler. I also find that the curler pinches a little and my lashes are curled unevenly. I'm not sure if it is my technique (or lack of),the curler or the shape of my eyes (probably all three). I have quite large, deep set, round eyes - so perhaps the curler isn't the best fit for my eyes.Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going wrong? Is this curler the best fit ?

I had read that the Shu curler is the fave of many - so had assumed it was just me.

I look forward to hearing how you find the tweezerman curler. I have quite long straight lashes and think I look a little funny when my corner lashes miss out on being curled.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I have a Shu curler too, no big deal, but it does fit my lash curves nicely. Don't think it works any better, but it lasts forever. I've had mine over 6 years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hey bkk, nice to see you! Smile Did you try the Shu mini curler or the full size one? The mini is supposed to be the one to capture those outer lashes that tend to escape from the full size.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I have the Shu as well - no big whoop for me either. I had a Maybelline Lash curler for a like a jillion years (I just kept buying replacement pads) and it was fine.

However....I do LOVE and have used for the past three years the Shisedo lash curler. It curls my lashes better than the Shu and somehow feels better in my hand? Embarassed Can't quite explain it - but bottom line is I'd pick the Shi over the Shu. Laughing

I do have a heated curler by Model Co that you basically touch to your curled lashes and it's supposed to hold them in place - it always seems to run out of battery quicky though. Not a bad gadget and it helps those wee lashes in the corners to curl.

Maria

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Athena, nice to see you, too! Very Happy I think I got the full size Shu. It looks like a normal curler to me. It comes in an oval box that is zipped up. Pretty fancy stuff, but I never use the box.

Frangipani, I'll be sure to report back how I like the tweezerman corner lash curler. I was reading the review about it, and the original reviewer was extremely pleased with it. Several other EDS members chimed in that they liked it, so I decided to give it a try.

For some odd reasons, my lashes have decided to start growing denser and longer on their own. I've been lazy and not using any eyelash conditioner like LL (I still have almost full tube) for at least a month now. It was stinging my eyes a bit, so I sort of gave it up. But I noticed my lashes are at least 2 mm longer on the left (compared to some old lashes next to them) and maybe 1 mm longer on the right. For lashes, I think the 1 or 2 mm diff is big. lol Because now when I wear mascara, I got lots of long lashes to show instead of short stubby pointing downward lashes. Oh, one additional weird thing is that my lashes seem to curl up a tad on their own, so when I brush with mascara, they look curled up. For the past few days, I have not used my curler, and my lashes are actually not looking too bad. If I have to guess why my lashes decided to grow, I will have to guess the protein supplement, and MSM. Maybe the hair, skin, and nail vitamins I'm taking, too, but I keep forgetting that one. I take it at about every other day, but I take the protein and MSM religiously everyday.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |