Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel vs. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Which peel is better, PSF or Juice Beauty ???
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both the PSF and JB and much prefered the PSF. This is because I found the PSF to be stronger and I could see the results instantly- softer, smoother skin.
With the JB, I had to use nearly half a jar and to leave the peel on for half an hour to see the improvements. When my skin was more oilier and less sensitive, I used JB peel once a day or every other day and it was fine and did not damage my skin, but I could not do this with the PSF.

Another plus for PSF is that its a lot cheaper than JB and you can get sample sizes from PSF website, although if you're not in the US, postage would be quite dear.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking, yeahyeah, were you using the full strength, or sensitive JB Green apple peel??
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I did my first JB peel this morning..no stinging and very little redness..if any..I kept looking in the mirror trying to figure out if I was red or not Confused
I got a sample of it Sephora.
I may order a sample of the PSF next.
Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
my sample was the regular strength peel.
Lou
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
luvyourskin wrote:
Just checking, yeahyeah, were you using the full strength, or sensitive JB Green apple peel??

I've tried the sensitive and the full strength. But in the previous post, I was refering to the full strength.
The sensitive one did absolutely nothing for my skin, but back then, my skin wasnt as sensitive as it is now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I had pretty good results from the full-strength JB GAP, but now that I'm down to the last 1/3 of the jar, either my skin has become used to it, or its lost its potency. My assumption is that both have taken place. Once I run out, I do intend on trying the PSF peel as its always so highly rated.

I did notice that after my microderm sessions though, that the JB peel does seem to work better again...
Jenny1970
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great info. I use the PSF and absolutley love it but since there are so many raves on the JB, I thought I might try that next time. Since reading these reviews I think I'll stick with my much cheaper PSF. Very Happy
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both. I never cared for JB's apple peel. It did absolutely nothing for my skin. I used to like the PSF pumpkin peel until I tried NCN's Pumpkin peel - WOW! Now that it an excellent product. IMO it blows the other two away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love the NCN pumpkin peel as well. I've tried a sample of PSF's 1st, then got an oz. of Nancy's (NCN). No comparison, IMO. But NCN's may be too strong for some since it's 30% Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic and Fruit Acids. You can get a 1/2 oz. sample to try though:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/skincare-product-catalog/samples.html

My 1 oz. is lasting quite a while as I alternate using the pumpkin peel with an aspirin mask (weekly use one or the other).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I love the NCN pumpkin peel as well. I've tried a sample of PSF's 1st, then got an oz. of Nancy's (NCN). No comparison, IMO. But NCN's may be too strong for some since it's 30% Glycolic, Lactic, Salicylic and Fruit Acids. You can get a 1/2 oz. sample to try though:
http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/skincare-product-catalog/samples.html

My 1 oz. is lasting quite a while as I alternate using the pumpkin peel with an aspirin mask (weekly use one or the other).

I've heard quite a few people talking about aspirin masks......do you make your own????
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
No comparison between Juice Beauty apple peel and PSF pumpkin enzyme IMHO. PSF pumpkin mask is sooo much better! I worked up to it slowly; first time use was only 5 minutes. Now I leave it on for an hour and spritz with chamomile hydrosol after it's been on for 30 minutes to "refresh" it and get the most use out of it.

I've also tried NCN pumpkin mask and I love it, but it's just a little more $$ than I wanna pay for a twice weekly mask.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't make my own aspirin mask but it seems like it would be easy to do. There are recipes in the DIY section. I get mine from a DIY business.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
[/quote]
I've heard quite a few people talking about aspirin masks......do you make your own????[/quote]

There are all kinds of variations but I use uncoated aspirin (could not find uncoated anywhere except the dollar store) and mix a few drops of aloe vera gel (with water as the first ingredient)put a few aspirin in a small bowl and add a few drops of gel (the gel will dissolve the aspirin. I put it on my face and rinse off 20 to 30 minutes later.
Lou
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Dont waste your money on Juice Beauty peel. I used mine and it has almost finished but my red marks have not faded. It is not strong enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!!
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I could feel the PSF is really working. It smells quite bad though. My face feel very clean afterward.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |