Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what is best for eyebrow regrowth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellenelle

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
A few years ago, after I had surgery and possibly due to an autoimmune reaction to the anesthesia, my eyebrows started thinning. A dermatologist I saw couldn't help me, and I've been checked out for other things like thyroid problems, but nothing shows up. I was wondering if anybody's had success with any of the products out there that purport to regrow eyebrows, especially if you've had a similar problem.

Thanks,
Ellen
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Revitalash for my eyelashes and eyebrows and had results. I'm not as consistent with using on the brows though. Most of the eyelash growth products out there will work on the brows too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great success growing eyebrows with Folligen. It kinda got out of control so I have stopped using it now, but for a while there, I went from scrawny asian brows to full on bushy. Shame that I couldn't get the same effect with eyelashes, but the eyebrow growth was terrific.

http://store.skinbiology.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=253&id=669
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Mens rogaine applied twice a day ,dip qtip and apply...make sure it doesnt drip done on eyelids or you will get hair on your lids.You can buy the equate formula 3 bottles for 16 from walmart...a lifetime supply
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
My eyebrows are much sparser than they used to be, so I am eager to give some of these ideas a try...I think I will try the Rogain @ Walmart approach first since that's an easy one to do.
I will keep you posted!!
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I used folligen lotion for over 8 months with very, very minor results. Began using Revitalash on lashes and brows 6 weeks ago - tremendous results. Big difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know how much help this will be, but I'll share anyway, and let you be the judge..

I've used a mixture of castor oil, vit E + vaseline on my eyelids for years, and my eyelashes are very long and dense. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but it's worth a try. (I dip a Q-tip into it, and apply as if its eyeliner, on upper and lower lash lines.

I bought Neutrogena 'Visibly Firm Active Copper', and after using it about a week, woke up one day with a peach fuzz face, and fuzzies on my chinny chin chin.....Perhaps it will grow eyebrows as well..

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you ladies buy your Revitalash from?
Is it as good as Jan Marini?
havana8

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
EDS
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/revitalash-md-lashgro.htm
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:

Unfortunately, this new one is minus the 'glaucoma' medication that made the original versions 'grow hair'...The new one has the same high price tag, but unfortunately, nothing in it that would cause hair to 'grow'....It's great for moisturizing though.... Sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Lucinda wrote:

Unfortunately, this new one is minus the 'glaucoma' medication that made the original versions 'grow hair'...The new one has the same high price tag, but unfortunately, nothing in it that would cause hair to 'grow'....It's great for moisturizing though.... Sad

I'm not sure that's accurate for all. Some people here have had success with the new formulas. Personally, I don't know as I'm still using the one I purchased in January 07. I believe LucyLuc is using the new formulas with success, maybe her sister.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Talika makes an eyebrow product that supposedly stimulates growth, they sell it at EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/talika-eye-care-m_459_460.htm
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
EDS
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/revitalash-md-lashgro.htm

Thanks! I should have known EDS would have it! Smile

I think I might try this product then.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Lucinda wrote:

I'm not sure that's accurate for all. Some people here have had success with the new formulas. Personally, I don't know as I'm still using the one I purchased in January 07. I believe LucyLuc is using the new formulas with success, maybe her sister.

I totally agree with you, that is why I try very hard to leave out the words; NEVER + ALWAYS in my posts.....

Personally I haven't used ANY of the eyelash "wonder" products, I'm only passing on the info that I've read while doing some research.

Perhaps lucyluc will chime in here for a 2nd time, since her other post in this thread doesn't address the 'new formula'....

lucyluc wrote:

Mens rogaine applied twice a day ,dip qtip and apply...make sure it doesnt drip done on eyelids or you will get hair on your lids.You can buy the equate formula 3 bottles for 16 from walmart...a lifetime supply

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Lucinda wrote:

I totally agree with you, that is why I try very hard to leave out the words; NEVER + ALWAYS in my posts.....

Personally I haven't used ANY of the eyelash "wonder" products, I'm only passing on the info that I've read while doing some research.

Perhaps lucyluc will chime in here for a 2nd time, since her other post in this thread doesn't address the 'new formula'....

lucyluc wrote:

Actually, she posted in an eyelash growth thread, of which there are many. LOL. As most of us know. And possibly, in the 45 and over thread. Perhaps, that would be a good place to start.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
[
Actually, she posted in an eyelash growth thread, of which there are many. LOL. As most of us know. And possibly, in the 45 and over thread. Perhaps, that would be a good place to start.

Question Question Question Question Question

I so don't have a clue... I'm not the one looking for more "eyebrows"....LOL

pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
skinactive - brow and lash serum (w/ KGF)
hair grows wherever u put it.
nice and cheap too.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Back to eyebrows...
Where do you get the "skinactive" stuf???
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
from their website
http://www.skinactives.com

their products are pretty good and contain the same ingredients as expensive products.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:42 am      Reply with quote
pink_planet wrote:
from their website
http://www.skinactives.com

their products are pretty good and contain the same ingredients as expensive products.
Thanks so much for the tip...I went to the website, and it is incredibly interesting!
amybrown
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of products which help your eyebrows grow but I have a few alternative suggestions for you. You can:
1. Get permanent makeup done: Permanent makeup is becoming more popular these days. You get your makeup tatooed on your face by a cosmetician. I have friends that have done this and their eyebrows look great.
2. Go buy yourself an eyebrow pencil. Just make sure that it is similar to your hair color and just gently draw on the shape that you want. Once you learn the technique how to do this, your eyebrows can look very natural.
Good luck on your eyebrow quest! Smile
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know a few older ladies that had their eyebrows tattooed on. Not a good idea. As they aged the eyebrow ink looks blue or purple. Both said they would never do it again. Also eyebrow styles change. I found a great eyebrow pencil by Kevyn Aucoin. You can tint/dye what you have and fill in the rest. Has anyone tried the new Brow stuff offered by EDS?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I use a touch of the Rogaine on my eyebrow where an esthetician got a little too close during an IPL and it wouldn't fill back in. She offered to do permanent makeup but I think she and I had different views on how much was "too much". The Rogaine has really helped and it is almost back to normal after just a month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ecrinal-Eyelash-Formula_W0QQitemZ170202219564QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36410QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This one is worth a look.

Main ingredients are:

castor oil
horse main extract (Ecrinal)
silica

Kassy

cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know girls who have had success with Talika. They make one specifically for the eyebrows.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |