Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Products - Vit C Serum & Retinol Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this line of skincare and have just started with a few of their products and samples. Their customer service suggested I use the Vit C serum in the AM (along with the moisturizing balance lotion or perfecting day cream); in the evening, apply the 02 spray, retinol (.5%)and cellular night cream. (I'm also using the cranberry eye gel in the AM and super hydrating eye cream at night.)

My question is, instead of applying the Vit C serum in the AM (I've read that you must wait before laying other products), can I use it at night before the retinol or will this affect either product? I have more time at night and can wait the needed time after the vit C serum but I'm short on time in the mornings.

Any suggestions to my routine would really be appreciated. By the way, I am loving the feel of these products!! It's too early to see any results yet but I'm hopeful.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C and Retinol shouldn't be used together because of how they work cellularly. It's best to put several hours between them.

One of the benefits of Vitamin C is to counteract the damages of the sun and pollutants that your skin encounters during the day, that is why it's best applied in the a.m. Retinol increases sensitivity to sun damage, that is why it's best applied in the p.m.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for answering my question. Shucks, I guess there's no short cut for this one!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Blesst, try this if you're short on time in the morning--Keep your C serum on your nightstand by the bed. As soon as you wake up in the morning, put on the C serum. Then get up and get moving--make breakfast, grab outfit, pack your lunch, use the toilet, whatever. After doing those things, then shower and do the rest of your skincare. By using the C serum first thing in the morning, you may find you get an automatic gap of at least 10 or 15 minutes before the rest of your routine. (For me it's closer to a half hour, but I can be slow in the morning...)
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft,
That would work for me but should I be cleansing my face first? Or is it once the vit C absorbs into your skin, it's no longer on the surface anyway?

This morning I got myself started earlier, cleansed my face with PSF Gentle Castile cleanser, dried my face and put the C on. After 10 min, continued with the rest of the products. I'm still trying to follow a "set routine".

Would you know if I use the retinol (.5%) at night, should I alternate with AHA or do I not need it? I'm a little confused by all of this and probably should do a search because I'm sure the answer is here somewhere.

Just fyi, I have mature skin, fine wrinkles, blackheads on the nose and pores that are looking bigger and bigger by the minute! Surprised
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I think that once you give the C serum some time to soak in, you can wash afterward, since it's already done its work. As for how to use AHA and a retinol, I use both my Avene retinoid and an AHA product every night. But both the retinoid (Eluage) and the AHA (Cellularskin-rx Age Limit serum) are particularly formulated not to irritate. So it's possible that it would be better to alternate if your products are more irritating. You might experiment and see how your skin reacts. If you get redness, too much flakiness, or other irritation, I'd back off to every other night.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft,
I just glanced at the Cellular Skin Rx website to look up the AHA you are using. Have you been using it a while and how do you like it? Have you tried any of their other products? They sound wonderful and reasonably priced too so I'm interested in hearing if you've tried anything else. Thanks for your ideas!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've treid several of their products--the C serum is my favourite C serum, hands down. (I liked Vivier, too, but not for more than twice the price!) It's extremely stable, soaks in quickly, isn't sticky or tacky, and has no extra ingredients to cause irritation. It improved my hyperpigmentation markedly, to the point whre I can easily go without any foundation or concealer. I've been using it for about four years and will keep doing so.

The Age-Limit AHA serum is also quite good. It's buffered so as not to irritate, supposedly, and I have found that I have no problem at all using it over retinoids. (However, when I used a strong AHA mask that made my skin really sensitive, I couldn't use it for at least a week without stinging. So if you like strong peels, you may find it irritating.)

The peptide eye cream is a nice light weight eye cream that I use in the morning because it doesn't cause my eye makeup to crease or smear like heavier eye creams do. I also use the super peptide serum as my matrixyl serum--it's much cheaper than many similar products.

As for the products I haven't found to be as effective for me: Eyebright, which is supposed to be good for dark circles under the eye, did nothing for me. (Though others have liked it much better.) The calming moisturizer (whose exact name I forget) is fine but nothing out of the ordinary, though I did like using it after I burned my face with a too-aggressive peel once! Relax-a-line is an acetyl hexapeptide product that I use only for crow's feet and my horizontal fine forehead lines. I'm not sure that it is doing anything, so I will probably not re-order. It definitely did nothing for my "11's" between the eyebrows; Vialox Plus didn't seem to do much there either. (Since I'm too chicken for botox, I just leave my bangs over them!!)

Overal, they have great products, high in actives, low in fillers, well-priced with great customer service. I recommend this line highly.
ray kennedy

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ive tried so many lines ive forgotten..this line PSF so far is great...not overpriced and it feels amazing..not sure about the H.A serum..the bottle is white and therefore cant see how much is in there...doesnt feel like a full bottle and hard to see how much is left! kinda dissappointed in that....
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm liking the PSF line too. I bought many samples and the full size of Vit C, Super Hydrating Eye Cream and .5% Retinol. Although it's too early to see results, I do like the way the products feel. The Vit C absorbs quickly, the retinol feels soothing and the eye cream is moisturizing. From the samples, I will re-purchase the cellular night cream, pumpkin enzyme mask and perfecting day lotion. I'd like to give this line a fair amount of time before deciding if it works for me. Others rave about the Phyto Cranberry Eye Gel and I have a sample but have not noticed any "lifting" of my upper eyelids - I don't think it's the products fault but probably that I need something like magic to fix that area! I'm sure I'd love other things in this line but buying everything at once sure gets costly!

However, after seeing flitcraft's post, I'd also like to try the AHA from Cellular Skin Rx. In browsing that website, I'm liking their products too! Surprised
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I agree that PSF is a great line. I use several of their products--the cranberry eye gel, the green tea cleansing milk, and the pumpkin mask are all winners for me. I was less impressed by the Stimucol eye cream (poor texture and a worrisome tendency to turn darker yellow over time) and their Vitamin C (definitely not stable even over a relatively short time period.) Having said that, I think both Cellularskin-rx and PSF are great lines. Both use high quality active ingredients and both are very well priced in comparison to other skincare lines.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has used PSF's Retinol cream can you post your results and also mention which strength you purchased? Thank!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |