Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Vit C wait time
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Is there any wait time between my cleanser and Vivier Vit C? Is the wait time 20 minutes after applying the Vitamin C?
Thanks Lou
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
anyone.... Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cleanse, wait 10 minutes, apply vit C, wait 10 minutes, and then apply moisturizer and sunscreen etc...

You don't want to apply anything with water, immediately after applying vit c, or it will oxidize the vit c, and make it 'pro oxidant'...

Just leave at least 10 minutes for the C to absorb, before applying anything else..

HTH

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
thank-you..thank-you...
I knew I had to wait after I applied the vit C just wasn't sure about before ...
Lou
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is a real pain in the butt! Water oxidizes it, yet the majority of the serums that sell for $$$$$ big bucks, have water as the main ingredient...These are the same manufacturers, that say on the label, "don't worry if it turns yellow, it's still okay"...(or words to that effect)...

With all this in mind, and not wanting to shell out $100. plus on a crap shoot, I've decided to experiment with DIY Vitamin C Serum.....I figured, what have I got to loose...

Soooooooo, here is my version of Cellex C for instance;

Cellex C has the following ingredients'

L-Ascorbic Acid
Zinc Sulfate
Haluronic Acid
Grapeseed Extract
Vitamin E
Water (they don't tell you it's in there, but trust me, it is. (I checked the patent!)

My Version

L-Ascorbic Acid 1/2 tsp
distilled water 1/2 tsp
Propylene Glycol 1/2 tsp
K-Y Warming Liquid 1/2 tsp
Hyaluronic Acid 1/4 tsp
Grapeseed Extract 10 drops
Vitamin E 10 drops

I believe it yields about a 15% serum.

I just found the patent info for 'Skinseuticals C + E Ferulic, and that will be my next project.... Here's the ingredient breakdown, for DIY' ers....

L-Ascorbic Acid 15%
Vitamin E 1 %
Idebenone 0.5%
Ferulic Acid 0.%%

Okay kiddies, back to the lab I go... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jeeez, I get so excited with this --it!

Ferulic Acid 0.5%

Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think the wait time after cleansing also has to do with the Ph level of the cleanser. You want something that is within the natural acidic range of skin (Not sure - but think it's around 5.5). Not all cleansers are okay (do a search here and you will find lots of information on this).

A cleanser within the correct Ph does not require the wait time that a more alkaline version does. The more alkaline - the longer the wait time after cleansing.

After applying the vitamin C - like Kassy says I wait 20 and preferably 30 minutes if I can before applying anything else.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18360

Try this for ph times and waiting. It's a great thread - very informative.

Hoping it works.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Thx for the recipes! just a quick question - seems like idebenone is only soluble in oil (or propylene glycol?) and Ferulic acid is soluble in ethanol, while asorbic and hyaluronic are water soluble, how are you going to mix them all into one serum?

many thanks!

daydream
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
Hi Kassy,

Thx for the recipes! just a quick question - seems like idebenone is only soluble in oil (or propylene glycol?) and Ferulic acid is soluble in ethanol, while asorbic and hyaluronic are water soluble, how are you going to mix them all into one serum?

many thanks!

daydream

As I mentioned, this is my next venture....I'm still working on it, but here's what I know so far;

Vitamin C is water soluble
Idebone mixes with Vitamin E
Ferulic Acid is soluble in Dimethyl Isorbide. So now I just have to figure out what to use as an emulsifier.....to bring all stages together...

I'll work on it, and get back to ya..

daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

As I mentioned, this is my next venture....I'm still working on it, but here's what I know so far;

Vitamin C is water soluble
Idebone mixes with Vitamin E
Ferulic Acid is soluble in Dimethyl Isorbide. So now I just have to figure out what to use as an emulsifier.....to bring all stages together...

I'll work on it, and get back to ya..

Thx Kassy! and good luck!!

will wait for your favourable feedback!!! Wink
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:20 am      Reply with quote
WOW... you guys know more than the doctor who first recommended Vit. C, and sold me Vivier.
She didn't tell me any of the "wait time" info, and I didn't see anything on the box either!
I never waited more than a minute or 2, but seemed to get good results... if I start waiting longer, maybe I'll get even better results!!! Very Happy
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I apply the C serum even before I get out of bed in the morning by having it on my nightstand. As soon as I wake up, I put it on and then pry myself out of bed to get moving. By the time I'm ready for the rest of my skincare, I've already had 30 minutes...
eli68
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this info! I do it the same way - put the PSF Vit C serum on as soon as I'm out of bed, but after cleansing with the Bioderma Sensibio cleanser - does anyone know if that would have a negative effect on the Ph?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed I have been using Vit. C since Cellex C first hit the market. I must admit I never had a wait time until recently. In saying that I believe Vit. C has had a dramatic influence on my skin elasticity. Since joining EDS I apply C immediately after cleansing and wait 5 to 10 minutes the most before applying other products. After reading I will rethink my routine. I usually wash my face a few hours before bed. Perhaps I will apply my C before I retire for the night.

Even without a wait time I believe that Vit. C has a positive effect on our skin. Why don't manufacturers let us know we should wait?Perhaps they don't even know. Bad Grin
havana8

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if a variable in the wait time depends on the formula and the delivery system of the brand? For example, on SkinCeuticals's website, it says to allow 3-5 minutes only after application before applying additional products.

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/regimen/am-regimen.aspx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ya know, it's all so confusing. Vitamin C is oxidized by water, so it makes sense not to apply a water based product over top of it, until it has been fully absorbed..

With that said, we then become totally confused, when we see 'water', high up on the ingredient list for most C products. These same products advertise their product as being 'stabilized' and will remain stable for months..Oh yeah, and they also say 'not to worry if it turns yellow'.......Hello! The last sign of a C product that has gone off is 'yellowing'...

So what's a girl to do? This girl is certainly not going to shell out $125. on a vitamin c serum that has been sitting around for God knows how long before I even get it. So I just buy the powder/crysals and make my own serum, fresh every week or so.. It also gives me a chance to play around with different serums for pennies on the dollar. I can now afford to cover myself from head to toe every a.m. with vitamin C.

For me it's C in the morning and nourishing lotions + exfolliating acids in the evening, and then a good scrub with washcloth and cold water before beddy-bye.

Kassy

havana8

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I just found the patent info for 'Skinseuticals C + E Ferulic, and that will be my next project.... Here's the ingredient breakdown, for DIY' ers....

L-Ascorbic Acid 15%
Vitamin E 1 %
Idebenone 0.5%
Ferulic Acid 0.%%

Okay kiddies, back to the lab I go... Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Kassy

Kassy, are you able to post the link for the patent? My SC Ferulic does not list Idebenone and as far as I could see, it does not seem to be mentioned on SkinCeutical's website.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
You posted that you found the patent info on the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. Based on what you posted, that item contains Idebenone. I cannot find any other sites that lists that active. Did I misunderstand and you have chosen to add the Idebenone or is it possibly a change in the formula? I'm curious because many people have trouble with the idebenone and we should probably know this. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I left myself enough time in the morning to wait 10-20 minutes after applying Vit. C, but for me it's usually just 3-5 minutes and I have defininately experienced the benefits of Vit. C
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18360

Try this for ph times and waiting. It's a great thread - very informative.

Hoping it works.

That thread is amazing. I will have to save that one, and read it fully on a day when I have the time (and patience Rolling Eyes )
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 + BluesHeart, here is the patent link for Skinceuticals. Click on description, which will bring you to pages and pages of confusion. Somewhere in there, I found the above percentages though.

http://www.wipo.int/patentscopedb/en/fetch.jsp?LANG=ENG&DBSELECT=PCT&SERVER_TYPE=19-10&SORT=1230611-KEY&TYPE_FIELD=256&IDB=0&IDOC=1413095&C=10&ELEMENT_SET=B&RESULT=1&TOTAL=2&START=1&DISP=25&FORM=SEP-0/HITNUM,B-ENG,DP,MC,AN,PA,ABSUM-ENG&SEARCH_IA=US2005001053&QUERY=%28FP%2fskinceuticals%29+

For some reason this link looks weird, if it doesn't work I'll try again.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
As I suspected the weird link didn't work.. Lets try this;

http://www.wipo.int/patentscopedb/en/fetch.jsp?LANG=ENG&DBSELECT=PCT&SERVER_TYPE=19-10&SORT=1219307-KEY&TYPE_FIELD=256&IDB=0&IDOC=1413095&C=10&ELEMENT_SET=B&RESULT=1&TOTAL=2&START=1&DISP=25&FORM=SEP-0/HITNUM,B-ENG,DP,MC,AN,PA,ABSUM-ENG&SEARCH_IA=US2005001053&QUERY=%28FP%2fskinceuticals%29+

It looks weird too, maybe the patent stuff is protected or something...

Anyway, when you get to the page, if it says error, just hit the search engine on the left of the page, and put 'skinceuticals' in the query. It will bring up two good searches, then just click on it and click on description..

I really hope this helps.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
[b]ERROR?????

For the life of me, I can't find the link where I copied the above recipe from.. Now I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake, and get us all in an uproar.

I'm trying like hell to find it again, so please bear with me. In the mean time, if your bottle doesn't list Idebenone as an ingredient, than of course go with that. I know I copied it exactly as I saw it, but now I'm thinking I screwed up with the 'brand'..

I'm still searching, and I apologize if I got anyone upset.... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Kassy

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
It works if you copy and paste the link into your browser. However, I'm not seeing idebenone as a ingredient. Anyone else? I know Cellbone uses it in most of their formulations. Any others?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |