Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Putting serums/eye creams directly on eyelid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bibimbap79
5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! I was wondering if it was safe to put anti-aging serums and eye creams directly on the eyelid? I'm guessing if the box doesn't say to specifically place the product only below the eye, then it's okay to put it right above the eye? Just wondering. Any thoughts would be great on this matter. Smile

P.S. the serum in question is Burt's Bees naturally ageless pomegranate serum and the cream is 100% Pure's caffeine eye cream.

P.P.S. is 29 too young to be worried about preventing wrinkles/dark spots etc by using this product, LOL!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi bibimbap79 and welcome to our forum!

Personsally, I wouldn't put a serum or cream on your eyelids that isn't formulated for the eye area. You just don't know how you'll react, since this is a sensitive area. The eye cream you mentioned would be just fine, up to the lash line.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Oh...and it's never too earlier to be pro-active with anti-aging products. I think I started when I was in my early twenties. Best thing you can do for your skin? WEAR SUNSCREEN!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Depends how sensitive your eyes and skin around the eyes is.

I tend to use items specified as for the eye area around the eye for this reason. The Pure cream is formulated for the eyes so that should be fine.

Regarding the Burt's Bee serum, you can be your own guinea pig and find out Shock Many people are fine with all sorts of products used in the eye area. You never know how your skin will react til you try it. Pick a day or so when you won't have to go out much and see...

Also, I would not put the items on directly before bed time. I think some eye creams put on too soon before going to bed can lead to puffy eyes in some people. You need to let the products have some time to absorb before rolling around in bed -- the stuff may get in the eye and irritate it, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Most eye creams will tell you if they are suitable for the lid. Right now I am using PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye. This product is fine for the lid area.

I always found that a gel rather than cream work best for the lid.
bibimbap79
5% products discount

Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help. I was just worried I was going to go blind or something, lol. Yeah, I'm a hypochondriac.

I'll definitely check out the eyecare that comes in gel form!
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I dunno abt this Burts Bee serum... but i've been putting my Vit C serum and PSF ALA serum all around my eyes and on my lids everyday without irritation! Smile
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use PSF Phyto-Lift over my eyes without any problems. In fact, I like the little 'lift' I get.

I recently tried a sample of Dr. Michelle Copelands Rewind Eye Formula. Without even putting it above my eye, it would still migrate into my eyes towards the end of the day and make my eyes sting and be sensitive to light. At a cost of $123 per ounce, I'm glad I got to try the sample to find out it was not for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Cellcosmet contour eye and cream and put it on the lids - just the tiniest amount.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's fine to use the serum under the eye, I wouldn't put it on the eye lid. I think it's OK to put the cream on the lid though, but the best way to find out is to try it and see how your skin reacts.
amybrown
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Definitely do not put serums or eye cream directly onto your eyelid. I would highly recommend this. The skin around your eyes is extremely sensitive and has a different PH than the rest of your face. Just because a product doesn't tell you specifically not to do something doesn't mean that it is okay to do so.
It is definetly not too early to start using anti aging creams/serums! I say the earlier the better!!!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I put eyecreams directly on my eyelid and under the eye area. Agree that a little caution is warranted if you plan to apply products around the eye area not specifically designed for it. I use avocado oil, PSF cranberry eye lift and PSF hydrating serum no irritation at all.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I agree with CMAYC to slather on the 'sunscreen'.......It's THEEEE best preventive there is.

I've been putting creams, lotions + potions on my eyelids forever. I honestly never even gave it a thought, with the exception of acids however.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bibimbap79
5% products discount

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
One of the reasons I ask is because I heard this horror story of a woman who used mineral oil in the eye area for YEARS and didn't realize until much later in life from an eye doctor that she had done permanent damage to her eye! Embarassed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
bibimbap79 wrote:
One of the reasons I ask is because I heard this horror story of a woman who used mineral oil in the eye area for YEARS and didn't realize until much later in life from an eye doctor that she had done permanent damage to her eye! Embarassed

EEEK! For years I've been reading or hearing that mineral oil is the #1 ingredient to shy away from. Especially if used as a stay on moisturizer.

As I said before, I definately use topicals on my eyelid, and I'm thinking that many creams, lotions, serums, actives + what have you, could probably be safely used on the eyelid, as long as they are 'watered' down a bit...EXAMPLE: To safely use your vit C serum on your eye area, it should not be more that 5%. So with that in mind, just add a drop of distilled water to the little bit remaining in your palm after applying to your face, and pat the remainder around the eye area...

In my experience adding a bit of water to any of my lotions and potions, has not at all hurt my eye area.

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
i just applied any moisturizer i use on the face to the eye area (under and on the lids) i had no problem............but then again i was not aware then u shudnt do this anyway.

the times that i have had eyecreams for the undereye area i use that on the lid as well

at the moment im using the phtomer lift contour cream which i apply both under eye area and on the lids.

Im just a little confused with what is being said in this thread are you all saying if you are using a face cream/serum on the eye lid area go ahead with caution. BUT if you are using your under eye area eye cream on the eye lids it is ok? CLARIFY PLZ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
i just applied any moisturizer i use on the face to the eye area (under and on the lids) i had no problem............but then again i was not aware then u shudnt do this anyway.

the times that i have had eyecreams for the undereye area i use that on the lid as well

at the moment im using the phtomer lift contour cream which i apply both under eye area and on the lids.

Im just a little confused with what is being said in this thread are you all saying if you are using a face cream/serum on the eye lid area go ahead with caution. BUT if you are using your under eye area eye cream on the eye lids it is ok? CLARIFY PLZ

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |