Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microcurrent Help Needed - Galvanic or Not?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have used NuFace, and found it to be completely useless. But my skin is very sensitive so, may be, it's just not the best device for sensitive skin. Same with the galvanic machine.

RussianSunshine,

You call it useless because it does nothing for your skin or because it irritates your skin so much that you can't use it?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have used NuFace, and found it to be completely useless. But my skin is very sensitive so, may be, it's just not the best device for sensitive skin. Same with the galvanic machine.

I used the Nuface as well as IT DID ABSOLTELY nothing for me but I have the Nuskin and it works great....very effective. It is the Ageloc NuSkin galvanic spaII...there are different models and this one came out last March 2010. As I have said before it is 5 times stronger. I can slightly feel the tingling and my skin is not sensitive.
When I use the device I follow the instructions from the video for the movement over the skin and it works nicely. I try to use it twice a week...takes about 5 minutes....it gives a lifted and refreshed look.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well, i am convinced. I guess i just found myself an early present for my coming birthday in January Smile)
I saw today one new unit on ebay for $228. I don't think i'll be able to get a better deal.

Thanks again Toby
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
Well, i am convinced. I guess i just found myself an early present for my coming birthday in January Smile)
I saw today one new unit on ebay for $228. I don't think i'll be able to get a better deal.

Thanks again Toby

Please make sure that you have the correct model....I almost bought two different ones and found out they were not the Ageloc model. One was falsely advertised(the ebay seller really didn't know the difference).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
That's the one i see:

Nu Skin anti-aging ageLOC Galvanic Spa Executive Edition (Black)

It comes with:

1 ageLOC Edition Galvanic Spa II - in black color

1 ageLOC Face Conductor

1 Spot Treatment Conductor

1 Body Conductor

1 Scalp Conductor

2 AAA Batteries (already installed)

1 Carrying Pouch

Seems like a good deal.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Please make sure that you have the correct model....I almost bought two different ones and found out they were not the Ageloc model. One was falsely advertised(the ebay seller really didn't know the difference).

But isn't the technology the same in all microcurrent devices? What differentiates the Nuskin from the others is the Ageloc Serum - that's my understanding anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I researched for a good while while and talked to numerous people and the conclusion that I found was Ageloc model was stronger and yes it is sold with the Ageloc products. I have a friend that has both and says the Ageloc model is indeed is stronger. I do not sell Nuskin and don't like their marketing system but I do like the device. I used the Ageloc gels that came with it and then switched to the Rankine Remedy gels and like them better.
This is some information:
Rejuvenate your complexion with the ageLOC Galvanic Spa Treatment
How does it work?
Nu Skin scientists have engineered a new ageLOC Face Conductor and treatment setting. When compared to prior editions, this powerful combination is designed to deliver up to 5 times more ageLOC ingredients to the skin when used with the ageLOC Galvanic Spa Facial Gels

The Galvanic Spa facial treatment works in two steps:
Galvanic Spa Pre-Treatment Facial Gel and Galvanic Spa Treatment Facial Gel. During the first step, both the Pre-Treatment Gel and the Galvanic Instrument are negatively charged. Since like charges repel each other, the negative charge of the Galvanic Instrument repels or pushes the Pre-Treatment Gel into the skin. The Pre-Treatment Gel contains ingredients that soothe, calm, and purify the skin. The purifying ingredients bind with impurities in the skin causing them to have a negative charge.

During the second step, both the Treatment Gel and the Galvanic Instrument are positively charged. These positive charges repel each other, helping deliver the Treatment Gel into the skin. The Treatment Gel contains ingredients that help the skin recover from stress and promote cellular energy. The positively charged galvanic instrument also attracts the remaining negatively charged impurities from the pre-treat cycle, drawing them out of the skin to give your skin a fresher, more vibrant look.
The charges interact in a similar way with the active ingredients in all Galvanic Spa products.
What is the difference between the Galvanic Spa Pre-Treatment Facial Gel and the Treatment Facial Gel?

The Pre-Treatment and Treatment Gels are specially formulated with several skin beneficial ingredients to help concentrate cellular energy, support stress recovery and rejuvenate your skin. Pre-Treatment Gel contains marigold extract, sea kelp and vanilla extract to soothe and condition the skin, along with TEA cocoyl glutamate which purifies the skin. These key ingredients help to remove impurities so your pores can breathe. The Treatment Gel contains arginine, an amino acid that helps skin recover from stress and magnesium to promote cellular energy. These key ingredients help to revive and invigorate your skin. Both products work synergistically with the Galvanic Spa instrument and face attachment.
Here is the good news:
The Galvanic Spa System is AFFORDABLE - money well spent. Compared to the thousands of dollars one would spend for traditional galvanic treatments at spa centers, this little gem is a very cost-effective investment.

It works synergistically with specially formulated products ensuring that the key ingredients get into the skin and in return provide revitalising, restorative and rejuvenating benefits.

The instrument has also been clinically studied and is known to make existing skin-care regimen even more effective. I can vouch for that as I use my own skin care products with the ageLOC Galvanic Spa. Since I combined the ageLOC Galvanic Spa with my own facial products I have noticed that the effectiveness of the active ingredients is significantly enhanced.

I read on some forums where Nuskin reps were posting that they had the older model and were having to get the new Ageloc model to achieve the results quicker....they said their older model device had to be used more often to get the same results as the new device.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

RussianSunshine,

You call it useless because it does nothing for your skin or because it irritates your skin so much that you can't use it?

Hi YB,

I find it useless because the tightening effect was not significant enought to go through the pain of side effects (red skin and mild irritation).
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I think RussianSunshine's comment should be wisely considered especially if you have sentive skin. I don't have sensitive skin yet I feel the tingling slightly at times and my face can feel tender if I use it more than twice a week. I have a slight redness that leaves within five minutes after use....but remember I don't have sensitive skin. You might want to consider buying it from a place that gives you a 30 day trial period. I bought mine from a nurse practitioner that has an anti aging clinic. She does facials and is affiliated with the Nuskin company. Of course the company has the 30 return policy but she offered me the opportunity of returning it to her after six months if I wasn't happy(not not for a total refund but for almost one) just because she would like to have more of the newer models in her office for use....I guess she also knew I would probably like it and I do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Thank You Ladies,

My skin was never too sensitive, so i hope i'll be fine with the treatment. I did purchase this device from ebay. They promise to deliver it before Thanksgiving.
That means i'll have plenty of time to experiment on holidays. If, of course, gels will arrive in time. I ordered gels separately from Rankine's Remedies (Thanks again Toby!).
I will report on how it goes. I'll try to make some pictures before and after the treatment.

Toby, did you try it on your body? I have some nasty stretch marks left after my two pregnancies. I wander if i can soften it a little.
What gel should i use? Same as face: minus first and then plus?

That was my backup plan in case my face won't tolerate the device :))
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
There is a body gel that Rankine and Nuskin sell that has tightening in it. I have seen the Nuskin body gel on ebay too. I have not tried it on my body...got to get some perfection in the face first Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well, as i suspected. I've got the device, but not the gels Sad(

I am planning to try it on my body this weekend with Aloe Vera gel i have. Do you think it's a bad idea?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an email that Rankies has a 20% for off for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday....code is RR1126 at the checkout!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Ages ago, when eveyone was into the Nuface, I bought this little gadget from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Portable-Microcurrent-Galvanic-Face-lift-Ion-Skin-Care-/220694874608?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item33627089f0

I've been using it lately with an ionic gel - it really leaves my skin with a tingling sensation (which I'm optimistically presuming is a good thing!)

I've been lusting after the Nuskin device for a while now, but I need another skin toy like a hole in the head. So I've ordered the Rankines Gels so I'll see how I go with those and the Ebay cheapy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,
I would contact Dr. Rankine or someone at their office about galvanic devices. They are familiar with Nuface and the professional ones they use in the clinic....you just might get some valuable information. I have spoken to Dr. Rankine on their chat service and also someone else by phone and gained lots of information. The video that I posted on this thread from them is good too. I was drawn to their site because they are using the Lighstim and galvanic devices in their clinic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Keliu,
I would contact Dr. Rankine or someone at their office about galvanic devices. They are familiar with Nuface and the professional ones they use in the clinic....you just might get some valuable information. I have spoken to Dr. Rankine on their chat service and also someone else by phone and gained lots of information. The video that I posted on this thread from them is good too. I was drawn to their site because they are using the Lighstim and galvanic devices in their clinic.

Actually, I was just meaning to say that I don't think you need to buy an expensive microcurrent device to get benefit from the treatment. At one stage I purchased a professional salon device - but it was too cumbersome and awkward to use so it got relegated to the cupboard. The little hand-held device I posted above is just as effective and easier to use. I've been using ionized SBC gels which can be purchased on Ebay. I also purchased (on Ebay) an instructional DVD on how to use microcurrent devices which is meant for student estheticians.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
The postage for the Rankines Gels to be sent to Oz is $US44.95 - completely unreasonable. So I tried to purchase from Ebay. Unfortunately it is the same company and they are charging the same postage rates.

I am not going to pay a postage rate that is the same price as the product - why do companies do this? It's so frustrating and bad business practice.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I was in sales and training for a professional microcurrent company called Myotonology. I have a professional machine that costs several thousand dollars. The professional machines have both faradic and galvanic currents. The faradic current is used to lift and tone the skin while the galvanic current relaxes lines and drives product into the skin. Faradic current was originally used to treat Bells Palsy and a side effect was that it lifted and toned the skin. The lifting protocol is very involved and involves many steps to achieve good results. It took me about a month to memorize all of the steps.

For a low cost unit, I would recommend the Suzanne Somers Facemaster.It is actually quite strong for a home unit and has both Faradic and Galvanic currents. It comes with excellent instructions, a DVD and a brochure detailing the steps to follow. You can find them on Ebay or from the website for about $100.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
The "professional" machine that I have has Faradic current - but I could never figure out how to use it. What exactly is the difference between the Galvanic and Feradic current and how do the treatments differ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Welcome buunyman to EDS wave ,
Many of us here have the Facemaster and while I found it great for the eyes it was not strong enough for the lower face. The Tua Viso had greater strength and I saw more lift in the lower face verses Facemaster. Are you familiar with the Tua Viso and can you comment?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
http://www.hawkslim.com/Questions.htm

Q.6:  What is Faradic-type current and what is it used for?
A:  Faradic-type current is used therapeutically for the stimulation of weak or paralysed muscles, the treatment of injuries and as a diagnostic means.  This current is produced from an interrupted DC, derived either from batteries or rectified mains current.
Faradic-type current is composed of relatively wide high energy electrical pulses, traditionally having durations (pulse widths) of 1 millisecond (1,000 microseconds) and occurring at frequencies of 50 to 100 Hz (Hertz).  i.e. 50 to 100 pulses per second.  The current is applied through electrode pads strapped to the body and connected to the EMS device by insulated wire leads.
At high intensities the current will stimulate muscle tissue, as opposed to nerve stimulation.  However, although the current is localised to individual muscles, only those tissues which lie in the area immediately underneath the electrodes will show response.  Thus, when Faradic-type current is applied to healthy tissue, there will occur a tetanic muscle contraction in the area underneath the electrodes.
Some of the unpleasant side effects associated with Faradic-type currents include:  Burning, swelling, itching and redness of the skin immediately underneath the electrode pads.  Faradic-type muscle stimulators are NOT suitable for use as an aid to slimming.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine in today! I'm going to try it later tonight! I'm so excited, will update you guys on my progress! Smile I am almost 24 years old but am showing early signs of aging, so I'm hoping the Galvanic Spa will help me out. I'm mostly looking for a lift in the eye area and maybe some improvements in the nasolabial area! Wish me luck! Smile
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I have FACEMASTER I do see a difference with repeated use. I use it on my forehead and eyes religiously I had a mid-face lift so I want those muscles in my upper face as strong as possible.. I wanted to have Ultherapy done but the Dr. Said not yet. Love my FACEMASTER!!!!

5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
So after day one of using my Galvanic Spa, I liked it! I wanted to do one side of my face so I could tell if I got results or not, but my sister convinced me not to! I kind of wish I did though, because I can't really tell if I look better :/. My skin is soft though! Extremely soft in fact. I am going to start taking pictures each time after I do it to track my results.

As far as experience, the conductor felt kind of warm and it was stinging my skin slightly throughout the treatment. Wherever I used the conductor, it left a path of redness, so I was a little alarmed at first! But now all the redness is gone. I'm going to wait another day and then repeat the treatment! Now off to find my camera for before/after pics Smile
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
ooh rmc7! I want to try Ultherapy too! It got lots of good reviews on RealSelf, and that's impressive because most treatments on that website get rated pretty harshly. I guess it's supposed to give a non-surgical brow-lift! I'm only almost 24, but I don't like my brow, so I'm thinking I might be a good candidate Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |