Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ten Basic Steps to Saving Your Skin!?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SusanSkin
5% products discount

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:38 am      Reply with quote
TEN BASIC STEPS TO SAVING YOUR SKIN!

1. FRUITS & VEGGIES: Make sure that your daily diet consists of at least five portions of fruits and vegetables. I know that it is much easier to take supplements instead of organizing your daily food intake. But there is NO substitute for the nutrition that one gets from eating their fruits and greens.

2. VITAMIN RITUAL: Take a high quality multiple vitamin every day. Each vitamin has a specific effect on your skin and well being. If you are missing certain components in your daily routine, this vitamin will help to cover it.

3. EAT FAT: I am not saying "Ladies throw out your self control" but I am suggesting that eating a certain amount of fat can be beneficial for your skin. Your body needs unsaturated fats each day (Example: olive oil). These healthy fats keep your hair and skin supple.

4. WATER WATER WATER: Drink at least eight glasses of water a day. This is the best way to keep your skin moisturized from the inside out.

5. BE ACTIVE: Exercise should be a part of your daily routine. During exercise our blood starts to flow and this stimulates oxygen's effects on the skin. This step is also a great way to lose those extra five pounds that you have been ignoring!

6. CAFFIENE ALERT: Do not drink too much coffee, tea, alcohol or diet sodas. Caffeine does not have a positive effect on skin or your basic health.

7. GOODBYE CIGS: All smokers it is time to say goodbye to your cigarettes. It has been proven that cigarettes increase the aging of your skin by a whopping 12 times the normal aging rate. Yikes!

8. SUN SCREEN: Use sun protection every day all throughout the year (even when it is cloudy or cold). The minimum amount of SPF that should be used on your face is SPF17. If you know that you are lazy then buy a moisturizer that includes an SPF and that way you only need to apply one product.

9. BEAUTY SLEEP: As much as it may sound cliché', "beauty sleep" is no joke. Lack of sleep can dehydrate the skin and cause dark circles underneath the eyes. At least eight hours is needed each night.

10. ENJOY LIFE: You may be beautiful….but if you don't enjoy life than these nine other steps don't mean much.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much. These tips are simple, and somehow I tend to forget them in order to save your skin.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:03 am      Reply with quote
hahaha... agree! easier said than done!

i should really print it out and stick it on the board in my office in order to remind myself!!!

thx!! Smile
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Great rules to live by, indeed. Maybe if we all followed them, we'd stop searching desperately for our "miracle" product. Then again, I do all of these things and it doesn't stop me from spending my wad on skin care products! Let's face it, shopping is FUN!
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
simple steps yes. and usually i try to follow em but those days when im busy with my work and stress i know i miss out on a number of those steps ......... its just hard to keeep this up all the time especially during stresss times i get lazy or just dont remeber Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Susan for reminding me of what my "Mommy" told me many moons ago. These basic steps, really are words to live by.

Mother really does know best!

Kassy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
amybrown
5% products discount

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Susan for reminding me what I need to do to protect and enhance my skin! It is definitely easier said then done. But I think as a women it is extremely important to take the time to follow through with these 10 easy steps.
dleonard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Most of it I already do...............

Cigaretes ages you 12 times more ????????? Surprised Surprised Surprised Oh my god, a bad habit that I have..........Still trying to quit................. Crying or Very sad
alisons79
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! I like it! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!
I've got to tape this to my fridge!
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm,question here...it says five portions of fruits and vegetables. But how much is one portion? Confused
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks SusanSkin for sharing Useful Information Very Happy
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, health and beauty are closely linked together.

You realise this fact more and more the older you get. Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Susan. I have also noticed a good improvement in my skin since I started eating a lot of ground flax seed and adding the supplement MSM to my diet.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Susan! These basic tips are a great reminder of the simple steps we all can take for great(er) skin.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:02 am      Reply with quote
The fats you need most of all are EFA's - Essential Fatty Acids. ONe form is what we all get with the omega 3 capsules we love. EFA's are found in many sources: fatty fish, nuts, avocados and others.
Coconut oil has been found to be one of the most benefial oils of all -used for sauteing and making popcorn, etc. (Also good on hair as a conditioner Laughing )
sally72
5% products discount

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Ohhh! Ground flaxseed is so healthy! I'm sure it's good for the skin but it is also excellent for the digestive system!!!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |