Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Can Asians use obagi?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I want to do this when my bush refund comes in.I am half asian and want to even out my skin tone. Anyone used this to see a dramatic difference?Any asians used this?
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm truly not into recommending Obagi much even though it did work for me, because I find the line is extremely harsh.

To be honest, I use Obagi because I wanted to get rid of hyperpigmentation and scars...what uneven skin tone are you looking at here?

I'm asian, with very pale skin and if you do a search, there have been other asians who have used Obagi, but I have not read anyone who used it solely for the purpose of uneven skin tone! Is there no other products you are interested in that could help?

Whatever you decide, please do a search about the process it takes to use Obagi. I'm sure it will help with uneven skin tone if you decide to go ahead with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
obagi is becoming popular in japan, i keep seeing it mentioned in biteki and maquia (my makeup magazines Smile)
BUT im kind of confused bc all the names of the products seem to be different so maybe the formulation for japan is diff?? i personally am too scared to go on obagi due to the "uglies" period and the fact you have to maintain after.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used this but the peeling process really scared me away from the product. My face turned red a lot around the 3rd day & I felt my skin was even swellen. My skin is sensitive Asian pale and I really can't bear with such terrible peeling procedure.
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
the fact you have to maintain after.

I definitely agree with amami aya!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
well,now I am not so sure I want to do obagi after reading a review of it on makeupalley.com. It has hydroquinone in it which is outlawed in europe and can cause cancer with long term use. My skin is not that bad and is getting better with the use of some new products.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I am Asian, and have been using Obagi for 3 years. I love this brand!
Now, 3 of my friends are using it too. It works for them too.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm asian and recently completely the obagi course. All my hyperpigmentation has gone, i have ceased to breakout and my skintone has completely evened out. My skin has turned back at least a decade!
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, anyone can use Obagi if you want the results that the product offers. In fact my Obagi pamphlet
has an Asian woman on it, with a before and after. You could probably do a google search and see it.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
One of my friend use the obagi nuderm set and the result is very impressed.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:09 am      Reply with quote
gosh I really want to do this!!!!But I am afraid of molting like a snake in public. Brick wall
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I used the Obaji method about 5 years ago after hearing about it from friends. My skin did peel and the worst of it was in the initial 3-4 weeks (if I remember correctly). In addition, my skin was very red and I looked sunburned for most of the time.

The end result - improved skin texture (looked healthier), lightened hyperpigmentation (but mine did not disappear), large pores still evident on my nose but cheek area improved. I did do maintenance for a while until I ran out of products and did not re-purchase - because it did not get rid of the brown spots, I didn't feel it was worth continuing.
sweetji830
5% products discount

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm a 26-year old Asian female and I've been using Obagi Nuderm Normal/Oily kit for about a month now. It's not that bad so far. I've had acne for years and it started to taper off recently, so I got on Obagi to get rid of the acne scars. The first week I used Normal/Dry kit (the only difference btwn the two are Exfoderm and the cleanser) and my face started to dry up and peel like crazy. It was also very red.
But then I bought Exfoderm Forte and the Foaming Cleanser and started to use those instead starting week2.. My skin got oilier and I started breaking out here and there. So I posted a thread here and other ladies who have used the product said they had break outs too in the initial period but it went away after a while and now they have clear skin with no ance and no scars. So I'm crossing my fingers for that to be my case also.
Anyway, ever since I started using the Normal/Oily kit, I stopped peeling..well, actually I still do flake a bit around my nose and mouth area but it's not as bad as the first week. And my face is not red at all. It think the skin tone is kinda starting to even out. I still have white heads around my cheek area...wonder if they'll ever go away. My pores look really big somedays, but other days they're nearly visible. Honestly, I'm not so sure if this product is working for me. But I've been hearing that the first month is really hard to see any improvement, and a lot of cases the skin gets worse before it gets better..so we'll see. I'm dying to see the results in May/June time frame.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
let us know how you are doing in may....
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I used Obagi Nuderm for 2 months while getting IPL treatments. I didn't notice much of a difference, but perhaps if I stayed on the route and finished the 18 wks program it might have helped. I may go back to Obagi because my mom's friend, she is Asian has used Obagi for a while now. I believe she is on her 3rd purchase of Obagi Nuderm, and her skin is like a baby's buttocks. Not to mention, her complexion is flawless. She had a little bit of freckles or hyperpigmentation all over her face, but they are literally gone. I on the other hand have dermal hyperpigmentation on the cheeks, so I may go back on this route. Currently, I am taking MSM, Vit C, and using Ageless Beauty's Marvel Mini Green, which seems like it is helping lighten the cheeks. But I am thinking that MSM, Vit C, and Obagi might do the trick too.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
I am Asian,too.my friends are using it too.We satisfy
honey0418

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm Asian, and although I haven't tried Obagi yet it's very popular here in the Philippines.
aewang
5% products discount

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm Asian with tan skin and just started using Obagi Nu-Derm last Tuesday. I'm peeling/flaking a lot, but new skin is definitely coming to the surface. I'm using Tretinoin every other night with the Blender to start. I've had chemical peels done about 12 years ago a few times. It's nice to be able to get similar affects without taking time off work to go to the derm. I'm doing this mostly to even out skin tones and remove or minimize a few sun spots. We'll see how it goes!
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aewang~

I was wondering what kind of results you got when you had your chemical peels? And if you have ever tried IPL? Because I've had IPl and it did nothing for me, and I'm trying to use alternative methods w/o using Obagi, but if Obagi works better than chemical peels than I will be back on the Obagi journey fairly soon.
aewang
5% products discount

Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
hi gellys, i thought the chemical peels did a pretty decent job. i went to a derm in beverly hills to have them after i went on vacation and got very tanned. my face got so dark and blotchy so i had the chemical peels to even out my skin tone. i recall going maybe 2 to 3 times with 2 weeks in between. i peeled a lot. i would go on friday afternoon so my face could be red over the weekend before going back to work on monday. i would peel a lot the following week to 10 days. i did a couple of these cycles after various vacations. then i learned my lesson and wore hats on vacation to prevent sun damage so i haven't gotten peels in a long time. so far, obagi is having a similar effect, meaning the peeling/flaking from the products. i've never done IPL. at this point, i've got a baby and toddler, and i'm working full time, so going to the derm is a huge hassle.

on another note, i used iS clinical last year due to all the rave reviews on EDS. the firming complex, the super serum, the active serum, hydracool, moisturing complex... everything. spent a fortune, much more than how much i've spent on obagi. i used it religiously for months and that did nothing for me.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello aewang,

Thank you for replying! I have hyperpigmentation on the cheeks, and I stopped using Obagi currently because I am trying out the MSM, Vitamin C, and marvel mini green. So far, I have noticed that my spots are fading...I can't really say that it's a miracle..but I've only been doing this regimen for a month now. So I will have to see the results. I'm going in for another IPL tomm. w/ a diff. laser, so I'll see how that goes. And thank you for warning me about ISclinical. Yes, if this current regimen doesn't do it for me, I will be back on the Obagi journey with all the Obagi faithfuls. And I will definitely have to look into some chemical peels...I guess I was afraid of the 'uglies' and some people saying something about hypopigmentation...But for the sake of beautiful skin, I will try everything once or twice. Thank you once again for yor reply! Smile
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am Asian, I've been using Obagi for three years, my sister and sister-in law both use Obagi and we are all happy with the results.
aewang
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it amazing what we will go through for beauty? I actually never even wear makeup, but I've had nice skin most of my life so I want to keep it that way!
aewang
5% products discount

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
As far as IS Clinical, you never know how different products perform on different individuals. Just saying that it did nothing for me, but it seems to have helped others. After seeing so many amazing before and after photos for Obagi, I'm hoping that I will see some results this time.
Desinda
5% products discount

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
If you stick with Obagi and do your regimen, you will have fantastic results by the time yiou reach week 12! Surprised
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |