Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Best product to get rid of c-section scar
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I had a little boy, Charlie, almost 11 months ago and unfortunately, I had to have an emergency cesarean. I still have a pink scar even though I use bio-oil every day.
Can anyone recommend another product which may help to fade my scar?
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
maybe copper peptides?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Try reading at greatnewskin.com. The Chrsylyx might help.

Be aware, however, that you will always have that scar. Surgical scars go all the way through -- it's not like a scrap or surface cut. It will fade in time, but it will always be there. That's your medal for producing your bouncing boy, Charlie.

I had similar surgery for a ruptured ovarian cyst in 1982. (What they took out from me is not nearly as fun as what they took out of you LOL). I will always have a scar there. It has faded, but it part of me now. And it's one of my favorite things, because of the story attached. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
DS is 14 mths old now and my scar has faded pretty well. I haven't done much with it except for moisturize like crazy and massage it (weird, I know, but somehow I think it works Rolling Eyes )

I've looked into some serums and stuff but never went through with any purchases. It doesn't really bother me that much anymore...no one but hubby sees it anyways! One thing I'm worried about though - I plan on taking DS to the pool during the summer months - my bikini bottoms sit a bit lower and might show it. Maybe its time for some mommy swimwear. argh.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
There are some VERY sexy tankinis and one pieces. Like, jaw-dropping sexy -- much sexier than any bikinis. I see them all the time. Including YESTERDAY at the beach in L.A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. Puglove, I have also heard that massage is good for scars - I just wasn't sure if I had to use something in particular to get good results. I'll keep using the bio-oil until I run out and then just use my normal moisturiser.
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
what about Dremu oil...doesn't that help with scars...I think I may have read that here...or the scar cream you can buy at the drugstore..any reviews on that...
haven't tried either one but thought I would put put the info
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I also had a C-section and wanted to get rid of or minimize the scar. Happy to report that my scar is virtually undetectable. I used Tri-Reduction cream (Skin Biology's scar remodeling cream) every single night and Scar-Guard every single morning for 8 months.

Works unbelievable!

You have to be very diligent about putting on the products every single day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
How about cutting capsules of Vitamin E open and applying it topically. That's supposed to help with scars.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:22 am      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
I also had a C-section and wanted to get rid of or minimize the scar. Happy to report that my scar is virtually undetectable. I used Tri-Reduction cream (Skin Biology's scar remodeling cream) every single night and Scar-Guard every single morning for 8 months.

fairlady (or anyone else who might know) would this work on old scars? I have a bad one from a major surgery that goes all the way up to belly button - it is now 7 years old though so I am not sure if anything would help it. I did try bio-oil and Vit E back when it was still newish. I unfortunately scar keiloid.
I am definitely not expecting miracles but a little improvement would be great and might get me back in bikinis! Smile
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
sal-star:

I am not sure if it would get rid of it entirely (rather doubtful if it is 7 yrs old) but I think from my experience (completely got rid of my C-section scar - it is so faint that the GYN could not believe it) that this would make a HUGE improvement in your scar. Just remember, it is a lengthy process. It took me about 8 months to get rid of my scar and I was extremely disciplined about applying the creams every single day.

I can honestly tell you that this works and it is relatively inexpensive. The Tri-reduction cream lasted for almost 6 months and the Scar-Guard about 3 months. Neither product is expensive.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady

Thanks for the great advice. Where can you purchase this Tri-reduction cream and Scar-Guard??
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nelly4:

You can purchase Scar Guard Treatment at most drug stores or online. Here is a link:

http://www.scarguard.com/

I purchase my Scar Guard off of Ebay for about $20 less than retail.

The Tri-Reduction can be purchased from Skin Biology. Here is the link:

http://www.skinbiology.com/

I used the Tri Reduction Cream with Retinol for $26.95

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Stri-Vectin helped diminish my keloid scars and now, I've been using Skin Biology's Tri-Reduction...I think that's a little bit better. They are still there, but have gotten better. HTH

http://store.skinbiology.com/catalog/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&theParentId=226&id=666
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much fairlady and skincarefreak for the advice. I am definitely going to give it a go Smile
emilyfieldS

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you try other stuff like contractubex?My scar lighten because of it.Speaking of CSection scars have you heard of Elana Nightingale Dawson? The 29-year-old on the fast track to becoming a star litigator started to have the baby as she started the final part of the Illinois bar test. Showing the kind of inner power it takes to be a mom, Dawson performed breathing exercises through the painful contractions, finished the exam, and then gave birth to her son via Caesarian part less than two hours later. I read this here: [url]Illinois woman goes into labor during bar exam[/url]

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:28 am      Reply with quote
What about products containing allicin which are purported to be good for raised scars? I tried an allicin cream more than 10 years ago but couldn't get past the smell to use it more than a few days, so I have no idea if it really works. You might want to research on that Smile
FanniBolyki

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I have only been using [ spam ] scar treatment serum for a few days so I can't tell if it is taking the scars away. I have had several knee surgeries and a c-section. but after 2 week scar fade away completely
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |