Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Body shapers
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Kel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
Kel, To be honest with you...the first time I saw the slim n lift, I was at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (another shopping fettish of mine...gotta have those zzzz's in comfort. When I saw the price of $49, I thought I could find em, or something like them cheaper. NOT much. I wore my nudes today with a dress, they even have an extra support band around waist to hold those hips in. Wink Unfortunately, I didn't notice this til the end of the day. Laughing Laughing Love the suspenders tho to keep from rolling and I love the quickness of using the restroom. I must say...I am ready to take them off...along with my own bra by the end of my 9 hour day. Eh?

I've learned that cheap doesn't cut it for body shapers (unfortunately). I just hate paying top dollar for something that doesn't end up even staying put! I really want to try these, too bad we also don't have a bed, bath, and beyond. I'll have to go online.
Out of curiousity, did you end up purchasing a size larger than what you normally wear? I noticed that they recommend it on their website.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
DeborahGail wrote:
Just a heads up, they have a generic form of Spanx at Target. Made by the same manufacturers under a different name, can't remember the name. Talked to a woman who has purchased both and she said they are the same and there is a great price difference. I went to look for some but they were all out of the style I wanted, but CERTAINLY worth a look for the dollars they want for Spanx!

That's right! Sara Blakely has created a less expensive version of her Spanx line exclusively for Target (prices are between $10.00-$20.00). The line is called "Assets" and can be purchased in-store or online. If you decide to order online through Target, just go to *Sleepwear & Intimates* when you enter the site and then select Shapewear. Every item of the Assets Shapewear is available and if you spend $50.00 or more (can include items from other categorys), standard shipping is FREE!www.target.com
www.loveassets.com/FantasticFirmers.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:57 am      Reply with quote
target is online - maybe they have them at target.com?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Kel..If you get the orginal slim-n-lift (and I prefer compared to the outher brand) Get your size. They are a snug roll on...but you can't beat the holding power. I bought the bigger size because it was recommended and my size...gave the larger size to mom...she was estatic. If you order the other brand, order larger.

Suck it up...suck it in...especially after lunch, and I don't eat as much to boot!!! Laughing
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to say...I get many compliments when I wear mine...don't know why I don't all the time!
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I really like my Spanx, but they are the heavy duty kind that you have to buy in the lingerie department. The ones that they sell in the hosiery department don't make that much of a difference and way too uncomfortable. I don't know why, but the thicker ones that are much tighter aren't as uncomfortable and work much better.
Angie B

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I bought my 1st Spanx literally last week and just found this website too!

I bought the Slim Cognito and the High Power. I've worn the High Power twice now-all day at work. I have mixed reviews:

The top part under the bra area did roll down off and on all day. If you sit/stand completely upright, it won't do it as often. I guess this helps your posture, but as a sales gal in & out of the car all day-kinda hard to do.

The part on the thighs-same thing, kept rolling up. I then could see a faint line under my pants.

Although it did synch in the waist, I expect more pulling in. I'm the type of person who would prefer a little less comfort to look better in clothes. Or maybe a slightly smaller size to really pull things in.

I'll try the Slim Cognito tonight. I wish they had something that pulls you in, but also one with a little padding in the bootie. Not like Kim Kardashian, but some junk in the trunk. I'm flat like a pancake in that department. Embarassed Crying or Very sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Angie B wrote:

The top part under the bra area did roll down off and on all day. If you sit/stand completely upright, it won't do it as often.

I'll try the Slim Cognito tonight. I wish they had something that pulls you in, but also one with a little padding in the bootie.

Angie-I am the same way! Screw comfort-I'd rather not look like a sausage in my clothes! Very Happy
I found the same thing with the Spanx-if I sit completely upright, they were fine. I'm all about good posture but, I mean I had to sit BOLT upright as if someone zapped me in the arse. It didn't even look natural!
I agree about the 'bootie'-I have a naturally small butt too and it's the one area I DONT need to have flattened! I've seen ones with little padding in the butt (hillarious to look at) but, they didn't really check in the stomach.

Let us know how the slim cognito works!
Angie B

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Update on Slim Cognito's-wore last night.

I don't know if it's me or what, but these Spanx things just don't do it for me. Maybe it's due to me just being plan irritable lately (just quit smoking 2 weeks ago, I've gained 7lbs and feel YUCKY). Crying or Very sad Sad

I felt like it did pull in my "love handle area" but not the stomach and upper waist. Cognito is suppose to shape the bootie better, but I didn't see a huge difference. Brick wall

I'm 5'3" and I weigh (now thanks to the 7 lbs)118. Maybe these work better on taller ladies? Think

Not sure what to think since everyone rave's about these things. I wore them under jeans, maybe they work better under skirts/dresses. Who knows.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:34 am      Reply with quote
congratulations on quitting, Angie B!!! That's so marvelous. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you.

Strange about the Spanx. They are truly one of my favorite things of all time. Maybe they're only good for overweight people?? (I'm a size 16. at the moment. hopefully not forever)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just felt the need to 'fess up about my short memory. Now that's it's warmer here, I am back to wearing Spanx under my skirts. The other day they had rolled up my legs all the way up to my crotch and were cutting off my circulation completely.

so maybe they aren't as great as I remembered.

but they definitely make me look thinner. so I'm sure I'll keep wearing them. no matter how miserable they make me.

Crying or Very sad

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have found something I love more than the Spanx brand for a body shaper. You wear it like a camisole and it works really good for your waist and torso. I just love it! I got mine on ebay, but there's a website skinnycami.biz
Alishapez

Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I have lose my 1 inch off my butt area.i regularly use spanx.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |