Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I hate my oily skin, please help ...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Im 28 , super oily, thick skin witn a lot of congestion. My blackheads are around my chin the most. Im dehydrated too. I usualy breack out on my jaw line. I did a lot of research on EDS and try a lot of different products for oily skin. Some people say oil on oil works other dont use moisturizer at all...im so confused... Confused

this is my routine right now
AM-Paula's Choice balancing cleanser
-Clinique mild lotion
-Clinique DDMG (sometime add 1 drop of jojoba)

PM- Same cleanser and toner
-MD Formulation vit-a-plus night repair
-MD Formulation moisture defense gel

I want nice, clear, oil free skin...is it possible one day ? Any new advice ? Anything !!!

5% products discount

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I don't have oily skin myself but I have a friend who swears supplementing with vitamin B5 helped tremendously with oil production.
k! (orangewasabi)
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have oily skin too and normalized it by using oils on my skin. For me, Kukui Nut oil was a godsend. That oil together with hydrosols really did the trick.

My reco would be to try this oily yet dhydrated kit from Garden of Wisdom:http://www.gardenofwisdom.shoppingcartsplus.com/catalog/item/4019949/5308554.htm
Compucatt

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have super oily skin with large pores - we are talking shiny after an hour of my morning cleanse. But I do get little patches of dryness in places, so I do moisturize. I started using DDF Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel (it does make bubbles, which I like) as directed by a doctor. I was petrified because I have always used intense cleansers on my skin. What a surprise when I found my skin becoming better with this cleanser. But what I also do is make sure to cleanse thoroughly - a full minute of gentle cleansing and rinsing with lots of water until I am squeaky clean, just like before with the stronger cleansers. I also use DDF Ultra-Lite Oil Free Moisturizing Dew. It's the only moisturizer I can use without causing breakouts and clogged pores. It is very nice and light and absorbs quickly.

I'm now a believer that trying to strip oily skin of its oil isn't the answer. My skin was just rebelling when I was doing that. I think my skin will always be oily, but it's now in much better condition and is acne free and healthy looking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I still have oily skin, but a few things over this past year have really helped...

Microdermabrasion...while it doesn't create 'wow' factor effects for some, it did great things for me. My pores are clean, and much smaller in appearance, and my skin isn't as oily.

I've also been using pearl cream and powder which has also help cut the oil down, but I still need to blot midday.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately it's going to take a lot of trial and error. I too am very oily in the Tzone, highly congested pores, chin area being the worst.

The GOW products are really good. I liked the feeling of oil (in particular emu oil) on my skin better than lotions or creams. I had less congestion that way too.

I've tried bha, aha, retinoids, etc. They would work to some extent, but my skin felt damaged (dry in areas, peeling, flaking).

I recently tried Osmosis products. I swear upon my mother's grave that their products (specifically Purify cleanser and Clarify for oiliness) cleared my skin immediately! I'm still in shock myself. My pores are 98% clear, even ones that always had congestion the worst. I can't squeeze anything out if I wanted to. My skin feels balanced, no more flaking or redness, no more wait times. I'm in love w/ these products.

Another suggestion is to use pearl powder. It really helps to soak up the oil and keep your face from looking shiny.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily and hydrated (to the point of being flaky) skin as well.

I've just finished one bottle of Suki Velvet Facial Creme. My thought was it helps to hydrate the skin and balance the oil production on the skin at the beginning. Towards the end of using the bottle, those nice effect seems to decrease.

I'm going to switch to Weleda's Irish moisture cream today and use it for a month to see if it's better than Suki.

The Decleor Aroma Purete Matt Finish Skin Fluid does a pretty good job in terms of reducing the oil production. However, it's not moisturizing enough so my face is still flaky.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Use pearl powder before make-up application. This will give you a big improvement in controlling the oiliness throughout the day. Also a light dusting of lumiere's VV finishing powder will provide a soft matte look and assist in controlling the shine

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
katya, I've learned to love and embrace my oily skin! Look at all those poor women out there with dry skin who constantly have to replace what we already have in abundance! Look at all those poor women out there with dry skin who have more lines and wrinkles than those of us with oily skin!

I do love my oily skin but still need to control it. Pearl powder is a really great way to control oil and reduce the shines. Mineral makeup is a good alternative to conventional pore-clogging makeup. And use the most gentle cleansers you can get away with, you don't want to strip the oil from your skin surface and create the situation where your skin starts to product more!

I have personally found that a daily regimen of BHA and AHA every other day along with micro-dermabrasion [at home] and a weekly treatment of jojoba oil really keeps my pores clear and blackheads at bay. I rarely break out any longer.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
You should try mama lotion it helps to control the oil, blackheads and the break outs. I do like it very much, just give it a little bit of time, a few weeks and you will see results.
Good luck!!!!!!!
sarah1977

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Someone suggested using Pearl Powder before your makeup - sorry, but that is a HORRIBLE idea!! Pearl Powder is very shiny, and will make your oily skin look even greasier. I have skin that sounds almost identical to yours - super oily and congested. There are two products I've found that have almost stopped all of my skin problems. To really cleanse your pores, try The Decongestant Mask from a website called Makeup Artists Choice. It's a really cooling gel mask that deep cleans and purifies pores. You can feel the difference after the first use, I'm SO addicted to this stuff! It's a little pricey ($23) but totally worth it. The second product you should use is called Mattify! Loose Powder from Mattify! Cosmetics. You put this on before and after your makeup and it soaks up oil and protects pores from your makeup so they don't get clogged. I love the way my skin looks after I put the Mattify on over makeup. You can barely even see my pores and I don't have to deal with oiliness for 3 or 4 hours after. When oil does start rearing its ugly head, I just blot on some more Mattify Powder and its gone. Before I found this powder, I was using Lancome's Pressed Powder, but it would always look like a cakey mess and didn't really soak up any oil. Hope these two things help you!
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:15 am      Reply with quote
maybe you can use AHA products or AA retin products, it works on oil, acne, and dark pore on noses. I used 0.025$ RETIN, and it works on my acne very well.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
A Retin A, or tretionin gel helped me whit my very oily skin. I still have oily skin but that's mainly a side effect from sitting in front of a computer all day long for me..
And, if you don't eat fish several time a week, take a Omega Oil supplement, there are a variety of capsules you could buy and try out for some months, I got that tip from a SPA.
And a good moisturizer.

Sara, 36 Swedish. Brunette, brown eyes. Fair sensitive reactive skin, no wrinkles(yet), enlarged pores, some broken caps and get easily sunspots. Oily but dry skin. Ten months with Tretionin 0,025% gel PM, Vita C AM - SC Phloratin and Freulic. Use DeCleor and Dr H right now.
gerrish

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
my skin is a lil bit oily and it had bothered me for quite sometime then my friend told me to use this simple remedy..apply a thin layer of toothpaste on the area and leave it dry. then rinse it with warm water when it dried out...this temporarily dries the skin.
amandaM
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I use gentle exfoliating cleanser everyday from Omorovicza. It controls the oil on my face. I used to exfoliate twice a week but I have read people who have oily skin could do it everyday. And it works.
yofie
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I believe breakouts along the jaw line are hormonal so the only way to get rid of that is through fixing your diet and balancing yourself out.

Your skin may be over producing oil because it is dry (yea, doesn't seem like it makes much sense). They say jojoba oil is really good for this kind of stuff because it controls sebum production. There may be an initial breakout if you use it, but that would go away after your skin got used to it.
IlsaLund
5% products discount

Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I have noticed that avene cleanance 30 sun creme ( for acne prone skin)made my pores less noticeable and reduced the shining! My skin is lovely matte and I have less breakouts. I use it as a day cream now!cleanance is the best sun screen that I have ever had... I would also suggest a night cream with retinol or aha and vit c serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
Im 28 , super oily, thick skin witn a lot of congestion. My blackheads are around my chin the most. Im dehydrated too. I usualy breack out on my jaw line. I did a lot of research on EDS and try a lot of different products for oily skin. Some people say oil on oil works other dont use moisturizer at all...im so confused... Confused

this is my routine right now
AM-Paula's Choice balancing cleanser
-Clinique mild lotion
-Clinique DDMG (sometime add 1 drop of jojoba)

PM- Same cleanser and toner
-MD Formulation vit-a-plus night repair
-MD Formulation moisture defense gel

I want nice, clear, oil free skin...is it possible one day ? Any new advice ? Anything !!!
The cleanser is fine Katya; I just don't know about the other products. What is Paula's review about them in Beautypedia? For your oily skin and blackheads, go full force on her 2%BHA liquid or gel every night. With consistent use, that would really get rid of the blackheads and breakouts you experience. As for the excess oil, I'm sorry; thats difficult to control. Just blot your skin. The less you have on your skin the better. Good luck!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
hey,

i have the same problem too but BB cream seems to help me. ive been using it for the past few months and my skin has been less oilier !! and on top of that i use an oil controlling primer such as Etude House Dr Oil control primer and it really does keep the oil at bay
ballerinna
5% products discount

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
My skin is super oily as well. My doctor says that oil production is stimulated by hormones and in order to normalize the hormonal imbalance he says I should take birth control. I am trying a more natural approach at the moment, I'm taking vitex that is supposed to reduce the production of oil in my skin. I'll let you know how it works for me. Results are supposed to be seen in 3 months.
I also love PSF HA Serum for my face. I noticed that my skin produces less oil with it and my skin is very hydrated and it doesn't make me breakout.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Retin A is a way to go, it has an amazing power of normalizing the skin condition. Sulfur masks can also help (e.g. DDF Sulful mask)
vinco
5% products discount

Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have oily skin and now it's balanced by Dr. Hauschka normalizing oil and clarifying toner. You can find them at EDS. Drinking plenty of water and working out are also essential to help balance my skin.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
2 years later, a only have the slightest of oily skin!!

I've used a variety of products, and some have worked better than others, I did start the birth control skin to help regulate hormones, and its been WAY effective!! YES!!

I've been on accutane 3 times, but at the time wasn't put on OCP (signed all the waivers) as I wasn't sexually active, and I initally had reservation of messing around with my hormones...kinda silly now, since accutane has terrible possible side effects!

My skin is much clearer, can't even think about the last time i had a cystic acne or the really deep down ones that just gave me hard bumpy skin with overlying orange-skin pores!! No more whiteheads, only the occasional smallish blackheads on my nose.

I still have large pores, but I think that's partly genetic.

I'm taking Yasmin which has an anti-androgen effect, meaning it helps counteract some of the effects of testosterone (excess testosterone is known to increase the likelihood of unwanted body/facial hair and acne)
takiko
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
for oily skin especially on the T-zone area, you may try O2 Pore Care Mask from Innisfree, it works pretty well on it!
jayraven
5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I have oily and acne-prone skin
I used to use alot of foundation , skin care product it contains Talc => it make my skin worst
Now i choose a moisturizer it doesn't have " Talc, bismuth, any oil" in the ingredients
For make up i use minerals make up, it help alot for oily skin
Actually i think the Clinique product is not good, i have the 3-steps but i hate the toner and moisturizer
U should try Merlot skincare, it may be help
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |