Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone else have the cough that won't die this winter?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Argh, this darn cough is driving my effing crazy! So, I caught a cold a couple of weeks ago, and the cold got better within a few days, but it left me with this lingering (not to mention annoying!) cough that won't quit. I even went to the Dr, and he told me that he has been seeing a lot of coughs that won't die this winter. He told me just to tough it out, and gave me some prescription cough syrup so I can sleep at night. Well, whatever is in that cough syrup, it knocks me right out, so it's fine for night, but I can't take it during the day so I find myself just coughing my head off. At least complaining about it makes me feel somewhat better--- has anyone else been dealing with this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yep. I had a chest cold a while ago, and it lasted for a couple of weeks. I still get coughing fits several times a day. It's so annoying! :-&

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I havne't had a cough, but my fiance did and a co-worker. They were both prescribed antibiotics, and my coworker still ended up getting pneumonia!

You know what I hate is people unwaware of their coughing. They hack and hack and don't cover their mouths. It's so inconsiderate.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz!!

We are just heading into autumn here but since JAN everyone at work has just been passing the cold and flu to each other non stop.. fingers crossed I haven't caught anything yet.

But what I have noticed in the past few years is all the contagious colds going around are chest related, just about everyone ends up with coughs or bronchial infections. I used to always get a runny nose at the end of my colds, but now I most often get dry coughs for quite a few weeks.

I think germs are evolving in ways to make it easier to spread infection Confused
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 am      Reply with quote
me Sad
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Me, too. I keep wondering if it isn't some kind of allergy though.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Liz, several years ago I had a cough that lasted me 3 full months. After 2 weeks, I went to see my doctor, and he checked my lungs and told me I got a bronchitis. I was on anti-biotics for 10 days. After that, I went in to have in to have him listen to my lungs again, and this time all was fine, but the cough remained. I seriously thought it would never go away. He gave me some inhaler, but it was so bitter I only tried it once. Anyway since then I dreaded getting a cough and would monitor it carefully if it lasted longer than a week. I'd get myself in to a clinic to have my lungs checked out right away.

So I think the cough will go away one day. Try drinking a lot of hot green tea with honey and tons of lemon. I do this now for coughs, and it really works for me. Also, if you have the Oil of Oregano, use it, too. It's my no. 1 pal for the flu season. I have yet to pick up anything major this year because as soon I get a bit of a scratchy throat, I would take my cervacrol-ex right away.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
We have a house of 7 and 5 of us caught some kind of cold with fever and are coughing since a month ago... my poor mom has been coughing horribly for 5 years and she's been back and forth to various doctors and taken many different medications, but they can find nothing wrong and nothing to stop it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Btw, I'm usually in bed for 4-5 days when I catch something like this. This time I tried Zicam and was in bed for only 1 day. Zicam rocks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just took my kids to see their DR for a checkup. In the Dr office, there was a poster about how honey helps with coughs. Honey has anti-oxidant and anti-microbial fighting properties, and it says sweet substances seem to sooth the throat and clear out mucus. Strange! Anyway, maybe that is why whenever I drink hot green tea with honey and lemon, it really kicks some germs' butts.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Uggghhh ... I just came down with this stupid cough on Saturday! (And yes, I am covering my mouth when I cough although I'm trying, as much as possible, to do it with my inner elbow rather than make my hands all germy.)

At least, from reading the postings here, I know that I probably have several weeks ahead of me. I also have some surgery scheduled for next week and a general anesthesia work up with my primary care doctor tomorrow, so I'm wondering if my surgery will be postponed until I am fully well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
yes, I've been struggling with that cld for months, and I started to take honey and cinnamon on my toast in the morning, I got better in a few days, and now that I quit smoking, it's all gone Smile very happy about that.............
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
There are 2 remedies but try them at your own risk. Both remedies worked well with group of my friends but some how not both remedies worked for all. Chinese believe there are 2 kinds of cough, hot and cold. I think one work for cold cough and one for hot. Sorry, I don’t know how to tell if it’s a hot or cold cough and which one work for which.

1. Salty Lemon: This one takes a year to make and I always make 2 big jars at the beginning of each year. Wash lemons with water, dry them (I always leave them there for about 1 hour), put the whole lemons in a glass jar, as many as you can fit. Fill in sea salt to 2/3 of the jar, pour in boiling water until 1 inch from the top. Cap the jar right away. Wait for at least 1 year. When it’s ready to use: Get ¼ piece of a big lemon, put about 1 table spoon honey with 12~16 oz boiling water. Drink the water through the day. You can refill water/honey with the same lemon until there’s no taste. Please do not try this if you have kidney or high blood pressure problem. I have few friends tried it and it worked wonder for them.

2. Daikon (Asian Radish) with honey: dice daikon to ½ cm cube mix with honey (I’ll say about 1 cup diced daikon with 3~4 table spoon honey). Stir them well, make sure all sides of diced daikon touched honey. Wait for 2 hours, there’ll be some dikon/honey juice. The original recipe was 1 table spoon dikon/honey juice mix with 1 table spoon warm water, drink 3 or 4 times a day. I mix 2 oz dikon/honey juice with 6 oz hot water and drink it through the day. I tried to juice the daikon and put honey & hot water and it worked well too. This remedy worked better for me. After 3 days my cough was gone. After 2 cups, cleared all mucus for my husband. BUT, IT SMELLS.

HTH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been lucky not to have a cold this winter (touch wood Rolling Eyes ) and am pleased to see the start of spring here inthe UK and hopefully some warmer weather. I LOVE the light nights and am so pleased the clocks have finally gone forward. I didnt lose an hour's sleep. I just stayed in bed longer, and lost an hour in the afternoon Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
There are 2 remedies but try them at your own risk. Both remedies worked well with group of my friends but some how not both remedies worked for all. Chinese believe there are 2 kinds of cough, hot and cold. I think one work for cold cough and one for hot. Sorry, I don’t know how to tell if it’s a hot or cold cough and which one work for which.

1. Salty Lemon: This one takes a year to make and I always make 2 big jars at the beginning of each year. Wash lemons with water, dry them (I always leave them there for about 1 hour), put the whole lemons in a glass jar, as many as you can fit. Fill in sea salt to 2/3 of the jar, pour in boiling water until 1 inch from the top. Cap the jar right away. Wait for at least 1 year. When it’s ready to use: Get ¼ piece of a big lemon, put about 1 table spoon honey with 12~16 oz boiling water. Drink the water through the day. You can refill water/honey with the same lemon until there’s no taste. Please do not try this if you have kidney or high blood pressure problem. I have few friends tried it and it worked wonder for them.

2. Daikon (Asian Radish) with honey: dice daikon to ½ cm cube mix with honey (I’ll say about 1 cup diced daikon with 3~4 table spoon honey). Stir them well, make sure all sides of diced daikon touched honey. Wait for 2 hours, there’ll be some dikon/honey juice. The original recipe was 1 table spoon dikon/honey juice mix with 1 table spoon warm water, drink 3 or 4 times a day. I mix 2 oz dikon/honey juice with 6 oz hot water and drink it through the day. I tried to juice the daikon and put honey & hot water and it worked well too. This remedy worked better for me. After 3 days my cough was gone. After 2 cups, cleared all mucus for my husband. BUT, IT SMELLS.

HTH.

Hey, thanks for taking the time to write out these recipes. I now what the Daikons are. They have a pale tan peel, right? They're white inside? Yup, they smell. lol In Thailand, my mom used to make soup with them, and I used to hate them when I was a kid. I've not really cooked with them much as an adult. I didn't know they're good for coughs. If I get a cough attack, I'll have to try it.

Any good Chinese remedy for runny nose and mucus? My kids are constantly sucking up their snots, and it's getting better now, but between sudafed and Oil of Oregano, I didn't know what else to give them.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
So far so good this year. However, last year I had a cough I could not shake. This nagging tickle in my throat. Bad Grin Come to find out it was post nasal drip. A humidifier in my room and using the Vicks Personal Steamer Inhaler helped greatly. This little inhaler has been worth it weight in gold. My nasal passages felt dry but when I put mouth and nose over the inhaler my nose ran quite a bit. The steam helped drain my sinuses. Great device. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |