Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help my friend - how to remove hair color stain
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
My friend at work said she colored her daughter's hair black for her. She usually colors her own hair blonde and thought it would be easy to color her daughter's hair, too. But she got some black stains on her daughter's face (close to the hairlines) and the stain wouldn't come off. Any suggestions on what to remove the stain on the skin? I thought maybe baking soda, and some type of oil after that? She got camellia oil at home, so should she try using that oil to remove the stains? TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
My old stylist used Sea Breeze. You have to rub pretty hard, but it worked on brown hair color at the hair line.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just a suggestion, I've never tried it myself, but how about trying some clothing stain remover, like Shout, maybe that would work.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used to work in a hair salon and I remember that the girls would use hairspray to remove hair color off their skin. I think it works well if done right away.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
ummmm maybe lemon juice??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've had that happen to me...all I needed to do was wash my face with cleanser...for a day. It washed off. It wasn't instant but it did work and didn't irritate my skin.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I would ring or call to a hair salon and ask them or go to a pharmacist they should have lots of ideas
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Ex - hairdresser here. Try some peroxide on some cotton wool but BE CAREFUL don't rub hard and rinse thoroughly. Peroxide can irritate skin (especially skin that has been already compromised by the tint). If the stains been there a while though it might be hard to remove.
In future some sort of barrier cream around the hairline, ears will prevent the colour staining the skin. (an oil based cream will work).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I've had the same problem and have used cigarette ash with a little water. I don't smoke but it did work. Now I'm moisturizing my face to the point where its not such a big problem for me anymore. Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
a good beauty supply store like Kamay should carry specific products to get rid of the stain,also they should carry something you put on hairline before u dye hair too.It helps to just be careful when applying hair dye,thats one reason I do it myself I got tired of careless hairdressers who kept staining my skin over the hairline.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all so much for your suggestions. My co-worker is gone for the day for Good Friday, but I will print out your suggestions and give them to her on Monday. Happy Easter all. Hugs!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |