Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Vitamin C Treatment?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hey all,
I am wanting to start using a vitamin C treatment for my face. I'd prefer a serum that is oil-free. I tried the Cellular SkinRx C+ Firming Serum, but it made my skin too oily.

I have heard good things about the Cellex-C line. Does anyone have any experience with that, or other suggestions? I don't have any sun damage or discoloration, I am just wanting it for anti-oxidant & preventative aging.
Thanks!
Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:07 am      Reply with quote
personally I love SC serum 20, It isn't at all oily, more watery, but it is a bit pricey....I'm using the cellular skin one till my grant cheque comes through (and then the EDS packers are gonna be busy Very Happy) as I've run out of the SC, and while I don't really find it oily after it has been on, I really don't like the general 'feel' of it. I got it for my daughter cos I thought it may help balence her skin a bit. Do you know what base the cellex c serums have? Mabsy will know for sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Cellex-C uses a water base. Not good for stability. Skinceuticals uses water in theirs too but it seems to be more stable. I think they add tyrosine to the formula to help stop oxidation. Didn't Mabsy say she likes the Vivier 20 alot? Maybe that would work for you?
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have been using Skinceuticals C + E since February this year. I like it, but as some of you pointed out, it is very pricy. I am looking for something equivalent, but less expensive. Does any of you have any suggestions? Is Vivier 20 expensive? Is Cellular SkinRx C+ Firming Serum effective?

Thank you,

Rose
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have tired the Cellex-C vitamin C sensitive serum. As soon as i started using it, I kinda brokeout and haven't used it since. I also have tried viver c serum 10% and started getting small bumbs of my skin which then pigmented, so stopped using it also.

Now i am ready to see if skinceuticals works for me or not.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the CellularSkinRx C+ for months and months now and I love the way it makes my skin look. So, it definitely has worked for me. I haven't had it "turn" on me either. It's not too, too expensive either. $38.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody for your responses. I am just overwhealmed and don't know which one to try. Guapagirl - what brand is SC? Is that Skinceuticals? As far as the Cellular Skin Rx base, I believe it is a base of Butylene Glycol, which is an inorganic solvent. It doesn't contain oil, but it made my face kind of greasy when I tried the sample. Betterat40, you are using it and like it, right? Is your skin usually dry or combination?
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the cellularskin one, like it a lot but its too oily for me to wear when I go out. I am using it as much as possible as a treatment when not leaving the house as I love the way it makes my skin feel. Cellex c (tried all strengths) gave me some sensitivity so couldnt use it for too long although the watery consistency was better in some ways. I guess I am looking for something in between so maybe I will try the skinceuticals next.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am tempted to try this vitamin C serum that they sell at the place where I get my facials. The aesthetician (sp?) gave me the website to get more info. Has anybody ever heard of/used this Skin Fittness Therapy line?

http://skinfitnesstherapy.com/productdetail.php?CategoryID=1&Category2ID=2&ProductID=50
Mabsy

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Lee wrote:
I have tried the cellularskin one, like it a lot but its too oily for me to wear when I go out. I am using it as much as possible as a treatment when not leaving the house as I love the way it makes my skin feel. Cellex c (tried all strengths) gave me some sensitivity so couldnt use it for too long although the watery consistency was better in some ways. I guess I am looking for something in between so maybe I will try the skinceuticals next.

I found it a bit too oily for my liking as well but still can use it during the day. I do prefer Vivier though (a middle ground between the Skinceuticals/Cellex-C texture and the CellularSkinRx texture). I did just buy a bottle of the CellularSkinRx vit C serum though as present for a friend of mine. She'd got really dry skin so I figured that it will suit her.

Btw, I have found the Cellex-C and the Skinceuticals to have the same watery consistency. Vivier is a bit more substantial and I had no tingling (with the 20% serum). Get a sample first though if you can.

Mabsy
mingming

Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Laughing
I tried Murad Essential C Daily Renewal complex, the result is quite good, not oily, my skin colour gets more even and finer
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I am with Mabsy and use the Vivier but have tried the skin ceuticals as well . I found the skin ceuticals to make my oily skin even greasier and my makeup practically dripped off by the end of the day.

Sherri
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pbsadhaka

I have used All 3 - Cellex C, Skinceuticals and Vivier.

FOR TEXTURE:
Amongst the 3, I think Cellex C is the most watery and seems to oxidize faster than the rest (so less stable, I think).
Vivier is the most gel like, and has an "oilier" feel.
Skinceuticals is in between.
I personally like Vivier's texture best as I have dry skin.

FOR EFFECTIVENESS:
I started with Cellex C, then Skinceuticals and now am using Vivier. As I have no objective measurement, I guess I'd go by feel. Skinceuticals seem to give me the better tone and clarity. Vivier is not bad whilst Cellex X rates so-so. Cellex C also feels more acidic (which may not be advisable if you hv sensitive skin).

FOR PRICE:
Vivier is best, Skinceuticals is the most expensive.

Hope this information helps you in your decision.

Cheers
Jenny
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Well Pbsadhaka, is everything clear? rofl Personally I find it odd that some of you have described the sc (skinceuticles) as gel/oily! I find it's like water and my main criticism of it is that it absorbs before I can get it all over! However, I have to say that I've been using the cellularskin one for over a week now and it isn't making me oily at all and the makeup stays etc. That said, money no object, it's sc for me Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Psad.,
Sorry, I forgot to answer your post above. Yes, I use the Cellular Skin Rx C serum and I do not find it oily at all. I have normal/combo skin. (Get a bit oily in the T-zone as the day goes on.) The C, if anything, seems to have reduced that phenomenon somewhat. Too bad you found it too heavy for your liking. The glycol base, by the way, has been shown to increase penetration of l-ascorbic acid into the skin. Butylene and propylene glycol are widely used th'out cosmetic industry and recognized as safe. Good luck on finding a solution that feels good on your skin. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |