Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
ASPIRIN MASK info
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've noticed quite a few of you have mentioned that you use aspirin masks.

My questions:

What skin type(s) benefits from it?
What results have you gotten?
How often do you use?
Do you make your own or can you recommend an already formulated one?

Thanks for your feedback.
havana8

Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CMAYC, I can answer #4 for the DIY side of things with the link to where many of the aspirin mask recipes are...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
lots of info on makeupalley as well
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=14129/Aspirin_Mask/Unlisted_Brand/Masks/
also
http://ezinearticles.com/?DIY-Skin-Savers:-The-Aspirin-Mask&id=171592
and
http://fakinggoodbreeding.blogspot.com/2007/11/reader-question-do-aspirin-masks-work.html

As far as I know it is a suitable mask for acne prone, blackheads prone and non sensitive skin. Also, it contains BHA that is a peeling active, so it might be beneficial for older skins or skins with scars/unevenness.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
CMAYC wrote:
I've noticed quite a few of you have mentioned that you use aspirin masks.

My questions:

What skin type(s) benefits from it?
What results have you gotten?
How often do you use?
Do you make your own or can you recommend an already formulated one?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think all skin types benefit from the aspirin mask but those with really sensitive skin should just rinse it off rather than using as a 2-in-1 scrub.

I dont use it that often right now (maybe once a month), as my skin is more sensitive but when I had v oily and resistant skin, I'd use it nearly everyday. And my skin was SOOOO soft, smooth and flake free! My acne was the same though- but blackheads seems to be less.

I make my own aspirin mask using:
- 1 tablespoon of Yoghurt
- 2 drops of Honey (only when my skin feels dry and dehydrated)
- 6-8 soluble aspirins
I break the aspirins in halves then place them in a litle jar or bowl, add the yoghurt and honey, leave it for a minute or 2 then add wack it all over my face for a maximum of 10 minutes Smile
As I only use it once a month and I dont always have yoghurt in the house, I would just add a few drops of water in the aspirin then spread it over my face. Works just a good but the yoghurt is very soothing Smile

I've bought a mask from a particular EDSer (please PM me for who it is as we're not allowed to discuss homebased businesses) but I didnt find it anymore effective than my DIY one.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
ah, one of my favorite questions. Laughing

I make my own. I posted this in February.

Quote:
I've been using a pill crusher to crush 4-10 uncoated aspirins. Then I play. I add a couple of drops of saline. I add some sugar. Maybe I add honey. or Vit. C powder. or yogurt.... you get the idea. I even added some Dr. Hauschka clay mask powder the other day. I have no idea what I'm doing to the potency of any of these ingredients by mixing it all up, but it sure is fun! And most importantly, my skin looks really good. And for someone who has been breaking out on a regular basis since I was 21 (I'm 39 now), that's saying something. So I'm a believer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
forgot to mention - I stopped using it because I was trying the PSF salicylic acid but it made me break out. hmm (still looking for suggestions about this). But now I'm back, and will use it 2-3 times a week, more often if it looks like I'm poised for a breakout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
sgresnic wrote:

Quote:
I've been using a pill crusher to crush 4-10 uncoated aspirins. Then I play. I add a couple of drops of saline. I add some sugar. Maybe I add honey. or Vit. C powder. or yogurt.... you get the idea. I even added some Dr. Hauschka clay mask powder the other day. I have no idea what I'm doing to the potency of any of these ingredients by mixing it all up, but it sure is fun! And most importantly, my skin looks really good. And for someone who has been breaking out on a regular basis since I was 21 (I'm 39 now), that's saying something. So I'm a believer.

can anyone tell me the benefit of adding sugar??
Lou
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
Lou

umm.... isn't it some kind of acid? I like what it does to the texture of the mask and then when I wash it off I rub gently and it helps exfoliate.

I think. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
sgresnic wrote:

Quote:

Lou

Perhaps bigger grains for exfoliation?
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
i tried adding sugar to my aspirin mask...but funny thing is..if I put sugar and aspirin in a bowl and then add my aloe gel, the aspirin doesn't dissolve..so I have to mix aloe gel and aspirin then once it's dissolved(which only takes a minute or so) then I add the sugar..
not sure what it does but my skin looks radiant after an asprin mask..
I usually have 1 or 2 a week.
Lou
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
This is the greatest DIY mask IMO. I am 47, oily and can be sensitive. I usually leave on for 5 - 10 minutes. I use it as a scrub gently around the nose, forehead and a little on the chin only.

I do apply this on my whole face. Yetersday I also applied on my chest and arms.

I like to mix with honey. Or if I have plain yogurt (do not use non fat) yogurt that works well too. I add a few drops of hot boiling water from my instant hot dispenser to make the aspirins dissolve. I use cheap uncoated ones. You can also use aloe gel. I might try it with some Green clay powder that I have.

Do not use the aspirin mask if you have allergies to aspirin or BHA.

You can also make aspirin toner. I think I will make a small batch. I mix mine with a couple ounces of water and some aloe. I will use on back and acne prone areas.

Sugar would be another exfoliate. You can try sugar and honey as a gentle scrub.
magslena
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
What is the benefit of using the honey with it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
magslena wrote:
What is the benefit of using the honey with it?

Are you really looking for an answer to your 59 posts in less than 24 hours?

If so, the benefits of the addition of honey are for moisturizing, additional acids + sticking power.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if there are any limits on how long you should put the aspirin on a single blemish? I had read of some doing this overnight or is this too much? If too much could I do it a couple of times a day for 15 mins each time..?
I am thinking of mixing the aspirin with a little of PSF acne mud and some honey - any thoughts?
I have a nasty big cystic spot that HAS to go asap... Sad
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
You'll probably think I've gone off my trick, but a dab of toothpaste will help it heal faster. Just glop a bit on it when your at home.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy_A I have just gone and dabbed some on - it is tingling already (hopefully a good sign).
I did earlier put a warm chamomile tea bag on and that definitely took some of the swelling out Smile
How long do I leave the toothpaste on for and will it dry my skin out (peeling etc)?
Thanks again Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just put a dollop on and leave it alone. You don't have to rub it in. Leave it on all night. Hopefully by morning some of the swelling will have gone down. You can repeat as needed while your at home.

It's not a miracle, but it will help!

ETA: It shouldn't cause dryness or peeling if you just tap a dollop right on the zit.

Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if my aspirin expired already...will it work as well or not work at all? Embarassed
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy_A Smile
I am not expecting miracles though of course I would LOVE it if it vanished!!

Stardustdy - Providing it is not waaaay overdue I think your aspirin would still work topically, (I wouldn't take it now for regular oral use just in case) If anything might not be quite as effective.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Just wondering if my aspirin expired already...will it work as well or not work at all? Embarassed

I agree with sal. But considering how cheap it is, it's probably best to just pick up a new one when your shopping.

bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just an offering, careful with dabbing on a glob of toothpaste and going to bed. I ended up burning my skin by doing that (since my blemish was on my cheek) probably a more sensitive spot then say my chin, but I woke up the next morning and felt it with my finger, it was definitely reduced in size, so I was feeling good....until I went and looked in the mirror and wiped off the the toothpaste, my skin was bright red in a circle, just where I gobbed on the toothpaste. I still thought, oh the swelling is down it will be fine, until I got out of the shower and the red skin was now peeling off. I had a HUGE open wound at this point. I would have rather had the small red swollen pimple. I don' recommend leaving the toothpaste on overnight. I don't have sensitive skin and it left me hiding. A good OTC BP or drying pimple lotion will reduce the swelling and not leave you with massive red/peeling skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I had read some similar things about the toothpaste burning and so decided not to do it overnight. It definitely did shrink the pimple but I would recommend caution. Apparently it also depends on the type of toothpaste - just plain white toothpaste is best (gel or mint can burn).
I also found the warm chamomile teabag held against the skin helped ease the swelling and redness too...and the aspirin was also helpful.
At least I am well armed for next time Very Happy
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been able to find uncoated aspirin in any of my local drugstores and grocery stores... very frustrating. I'm tempted to just try lightly coated aspirin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I haven't been able to find uncoated aspirin in any of my local drugstores and grocery stores... very frustrating. I'm tempted to just try lightly coated aspirin.

I have used coated....just takes longer to dissolve.
I had a hard time finding, too. Keep looking on the shelves. I bought it at CVS and they had all of the coated aspirin at eye-level. Regular uncoated was on a shelf near the bottom.
Very cheap!
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I was loving the way my skin felt with the aspirin mask, but now I'm having broken caps on my face Shock

I read somewhere that someone else had that problem.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |