Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

body detox cleansing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking of doing a full detox for the overall benefits it would give, including clearing anything out that would contribute to breakouts..

Anyone have any success? Any brands you'd suggest?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
You should try doing a brown rice cleanse. I lost 5 lbs in a week and a half and my skin improved.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Michelle Schoffro Cook has a great book on this topic - though it isn't a '1 week' program she discusses (its 1 month). That said, its a very easy to follow plan as the big 'no' is dairy or processed foods, or white anything (flour, sugar, rice). You eat a large salad with lunch and dinner. I got into the habit of juicing a fresh lemon and taking the juice with water first thing in the morning after reading this book and still like to do that!

You could also do a detox cleanse with just fresh juiced vegetables and fruit (less fruit than vegge's due to the sugar content).

Green + from Genuine Health makes a green drink called 'Greens + daily detox' that comes in an ice tea flavour which is really good - my husband likes the taste of this drink and takes it daily.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I have done quite a bit of cleanses.I would not say that my skin improved(and I am acne prone) but my health definitly improved in general.My digestion is a million times better and my kidneys and ut are feeling great as well Rolling Eyes
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had the stamina to do a detox. I am so lazy and easy to tempt with food, further more, I hate being hungry...it makes me moody Doubt
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, I've hear about the Green+...maybe I'll drop into a health foods store and ask them there. I just hate that some of the time the sales staff don't know what they're really talking about, and just try to get you to buy the more expensive products...

Yen- what's the brown rice cleanse?
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
oh, one other question...my cousin has been doing the oxy cleanse and she's been going to the bathroom like 5 times a day...

How bad will it be with the other brands mentioned? Or the greens+ for example?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:

Yen- what's the brown rice cleanse?

It's a detox that restricts certain food groups from your diet for a period of 1-2 weeks (i.e. no wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no nuts, etc). If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the details.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
oh, one other question...my cousin has been doing the oxy cleanse and she's been going to the bathroom like 5 times a day...

How bad will it be with the other brands mentioned? Or the greens+ for example?

As there is a little bit of fiber in the Greens + (and other green drinks as they usually contain small amounts of brown rice germ and bran, apple pulp etc.) they tell you to start with 1 teaspoon in a glass of water for a few days, slowly working up to a full tablespoon which is the recommended dose. If you work up slowly you don't have a bathroom issue. I do find, since I take mine in a full glass of water in the morning, that I have to go to the bathroom a littl bit later because my bladder is full from all the water!

I would do a diet elimination for a bit coupled with a green drink (as Michelle's book notes) and then carry on with the green drink daily on a long term basis. Greens Alive, BerryGreen, GreensRX and Greens + are all great...its good to use a different formula of supplements every few months so your body gets a bit of variety. A small word of warning, you have to get used to the taste as its like drinking powdered grass quite frankly...my hubby mixes his with juice and finds it is more palatable that way, yet I just plug my nose and drink it down with water!

I would say my skin is best from taking the Greens Alive (though they all help!) as it has small amounts of digestive enzymes in it - for me better digestion seems to help keep my acne in check. I most often use the Greens Alive, rotating through the other brands when I feel I should switch things up a bit.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |