Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone ever gotten their freckles "zapped"?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't know what the exact term for this procedure is. But you know what I'm talking about - when you go to the dermatologist and they zap your freckles with a laser or whatever, and they scab up, and eventually reveal the freckle free skin below.

I knew someone who had it done a few years ago, but unfortunately failed to ask her probing questions about it while we still were in contact. And now I am really considering this.

While I generally dislike all my freckles (I am a paaaaaallllle girl, so freckles really are just skin damage in my eyes, and skin damage that didn't even come with the temporary joy of a tan), what has prompted this sudden urge to zap is the appearance of a freckle near the corner of my mouth. It's a bit lower than my mouth corner, so it kind of draws the eyes down. It makes my mouth look like it's frowning all the time, if you know what I mean. I know - crazy obsessive paranoia. But whatever. This one freckle bothers me, and I want it gone.

So does anyone have any details they can share? How much is the procedure. Do you pay "per freckle" or for an allotted period of time? In which case, I'm sure I could think of other freckles to be zapped, it just wasn't at the top of my beauty spending budget, so I'd prefer to just pay for the one brown eyesore. How painful was it? How long was the healing? Any other details? Or any other suggestions for getting rid of - and I do mean removing all trace - of an unwanted freckle?

Thanks in advance for any help!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
No one? Sad I thought for sure someone here would have all the zapping info.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
hello,

I have had IPl (intense pulsed light) I got it done for dilated capillaries and freckles. However, I did not go back for more sessions (only went once). So it was not that effective for me. I definately had some results though. Some of my freckles darkened and then diddapeared. If I went back for all of the sessions, i am sure i could have gottten rid of more. I am going on the obagi program now though. People have had excellent results with freckles with that. My mother used to have tons of freckles( sun damage) and she does not have a single spot after Obagi. Hope that helps Smile
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks petu!

I've read about Obagi here on the boards, and, I must admit, the skincare addict in me is seduced at the thought of peeling my skin off and revealing pinky freshness below. But, ultimately, my skin overall is really nice, and I'm not willing to go through months of gross peeling for results that would likely be pretty nominal on me. And definitely not for one freckle, lol.

So the IPL requires multiple treatments? How many? Is it just that it requires multiple treatments to cover the whole area? Like, if I was just focused on that one freckle, could one treatment get me done? And how long did it take for the scab to come off?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
it is very possible you could get that one freckle taken care of the first time Smile It doesn't really scab, just gets darker then goes away. some of them flaked off. Brown spots respond well to ipl, even better than broken caps do.
chesterfield
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I had one beauty mole (dark and slightly raised aka Cindy Crawford) zapped though not on purpose when I did a series of IPL. It was about 3/4cm to 1cm at most in diameter. It darkened w/ each IPL and flaked off. I had the doc go over the mole 2-3 times for 3-4 sessions. It flattened up and lightened up significantly after the 4th session. It's no longer visible. I also had microdermabrasion 2 weeks after each IPL. I dont' have freckles, just that one beauty mole that in the same spot as that of Sophia Bush (One Tree Hill actress) but much much smaller. HTH.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |