Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
KALO Hair Inhibitor - Does it work? Any alternatives?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I have been researching non-prescription hair inhibitors in hopes I will find an answer to my "hairy" problem. Body hair is so unpleasant, no matter how severe, and although I would love to get laser hair removal, it is just way to costly.

KALO claims to not only minimize hair growth, but to eventually inhibit it permanently.

I've read other contradictory sites warning consumers of these non-prescription hair inhibitor products because allegedly they don't work.

My dilemma: To invest in Kalo, or not to invest? That is the question.

Also, are there any other reputable products/services/solutions?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated Smile
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I used Kalo on my legs ages ago.

I did find that over a bit of time it helped (by the time I was out of product I had reduced hair growth) but then, over time without use, the hair growth did return, but this took a few years to happen.

I chose not to continue using it, or to use it again, because I wasn't sure that I wanted to change my body like that.

however, I'm now trying Gigi's slow grow (not for long enough to give a review).

I go through through phases of being hippy-dippy and all natural and wanting results not attainable through hippy-dippy means:D
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
pustekuchen,

Thank you for your reply.
I figured that although Kalo claims permanent results, there are no laboratory tests (other than from their own company) to back this up.

Did you have any adverse effects from Kalo?

Please do keep me informed of your results with Gigi's slow grow too!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
sure thing, but the trick with these products is that it's the effect over time, so you won't notice right away or maybe not even for a few months.

The Gigi product, well, I'm not using it on an area where I remove hair very often or regularly... ahem. Embarassed but it's much cheaper than the Kalo.

Also, Kalo (or anyother hair reducing cream) is going to work better when you're waxing or some such rather than shaving. Because then you're ganging up on the hair follicle, tag-teaming as it were.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I was thinking of using an epilator in conjunction with a hair inhibitor lotion.
Thanks for the advice, and I think I will look into Gigi instead.
isa
5% products discount

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I wax and have been waxing for 15 years. I've been using Kalo and must say: hair growth is definitely slowing. No averse reactions. I have only been using it for 6 months, and should see faster results from here on. I'm looking forward to it, and am interested in trying the Gigi product too...

32. AM: Dr H Cleansing Milk. Neutrogena MicroClear zit in spots. DR H. Rose Day Cream Light. Clinique CityBlock SPF 40. PM: DR H CM, Fenacia cream over rosacea-infected area. Sometimes: L'Occitane Honey cream. Weekly: Aveda Tournaline mask. Contemplating Dr. H. Clay Mask…
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
what is the active ingredient of Kalo, does anyone have a full ingredients listing?
isa
5% products discount

Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
This is the active ingredient for the standard hair inhibitor, not the sensitive version. Here it is:

distilled water, glycerol, propylene glycol sucrose, herbal extract, betaglucan, propylparaben, methylparaben, EDTA.

32. AM: Dr H Cleansing Milk. Neutrogena MicroClear zit in spots. DR H. Rose Day Cream Light. Clinique CityBlock SPF 40. PM: DR H CM, Fenacia cream over rosacea-infected area. Sometimes: L'Occitane Honey cream. Weekly: Aveda Tournaline mask. Contemplating Dr. H. Clay Mask…
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I tried Kalo a few years ago due to their intensive campaigning when the product was launched in my country.

I decided to try it on my arms. First waxing, then Kalo spray. I used it as directed. After a few months of use, I saw no improvement.

Due to the massive advertising, I contacted Kalo's agent in my country, asking him whether I could expect better results if continuing. He said no. It's supposed to inhibit hair growth after two or three waxings, and the results are permanent, he told me.

He told that the product will work for 80 percent of the users, and that I seemed to be among the unlucky 20 per cent.

Think I have heard it before...

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |