Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

First order from cell-bone Wow!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been intrigued by the products from cellbone since hearing about them from EDS and finally received my first order a few days ago. I can't believe their low prices and all the free samples they sent along with my order! Too early for long-term reviews but the first impression it pretty amazing...

Vitamin C23 serum - 23% Vit C - I've never used this strength before. To date, tried Janson Beckett's C&C serum, PSF 15% [new formula] and Cellular Skin RX 12%. Cellbone's Vit C serum actually makes my face tingle a little bit, something I've never experienced with Vit C! Only $31 USD for 1 oz. !

20% Glycolic Acid peel - 2 1 oz. bottles only $24 USD! One with a PH of 2.6, the other with a PH of 2.1. I can already tell how much more effective this is than other 20% Glyclolic Acid serums I've tried. This one also tingles quite a bit. As a matter of fact, I actually needed to rinse off with cold water after 8 minutes. Other AHA peels I've managed to just leave on. I plan to work this in 2-3 times a week.

Moist'Seal - .5 oz. bottle free with purchase. Contains lactic calcium and Vit K2. Very soothing, especially after rinsing off the glycolic acid. Came free with my order!

Collagen cleanser - 1 oz. - Free with order! Rinses clean and doesn't leave my skin overly tight or dry

Collagen Toner - 1 oz. - Also came free with the order. Cooling and hydrating. I plan to tuck this, along with my collagen cleanser into my travel bag.

I'm amazed by the generousity of this company and will post a more detailed review after I've used them for a little while longer.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Athena, I too have been impressed with not only the results I have gotten from the products but also the samples - very generous and terrific prices. (I love the glycolic C most of all).

I started with cellbone about two months ago and really love the products.

Hope to hear more about your results.

Sis
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I love cellbone, and just today got another shipment from them Very Happy

There is a thread Cellbone.com-do tell !!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26546
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I caved and just ordered the C23 High Potency C-Serum and Hydra Repair Skin Repair Gel. Ive been looking for a potent VitC & moisturizer to add to my routine and a huge bonus that the Hydra Repair has all these great ingredients! I cant wait to get them.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Wow, after 4 days of using the 20% glycolic acid my skin is actually beginning to peel a tiny bit. I've never, ever experienced actual peeling from treatments! Laid off the acid this morning and scrubbed with EpidermxII; flakes disappeared leaving a fresh layer behind. I was planning to eventually incorporate copper peptides into my skincare but think I'll hold off to see how this works before I take the plunge.

I'm changing a few products in my current arsenal and need to see how all my new ones are going to work before I add CPs I think. Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
A friend gave me her C23 Cellbone and this morning was the first I used it. Did anyone find that it just kind of stayed there and didn't sink in?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Not at all blues - I apply C23 after cleanse/tone while skin is still slightly damp. Massaged it in, then while it was still damp from the VitC, continued with a jot of Chrysalyx and NaturdermX. Massaged both of these in, let them absorb for about 5 minutes before I continued with pearl paste, sunscreen and makeup.

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Athena for the feedback. Not sure about this one. Sis, if you're reading, how do you apply this in the line up with the JM Booster?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Just an update about the shelf-life for anyone who's interested.

Skincare products are produced within 2 weeks before shipping and their shelf life is 12 to 16 months if it is kept as directed since they have minimum preservatives.

More impressed....I don't think I'm too easily impressed, but maybe that's just my own impression Smile

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
At first I was using the JM Booster first and waiting about 15 minutes and applying the glycolic C or C23 serum.

This week I've done the opposite - Glycolic C first and then use the dpl and after put on the Booster - I'm liking this better. (Usually about 20 minutes or so in between so the C's have time to sink).

I know LucyLuc puts the JM Booster on first but she doesn't use C products I don't think.

Sis
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
At first I was using the JM Booster first and waiting about 15 minutes and applying the glycolic C or C23 serum.

This week I've done the opposite - Glycolic C first and then use the dpl and after put on the Booster - I'm liking this better. (Usually about 20 minutes or so in between so the C's have time to sink).

I know LucyLuc puts the JM Booster on first but she doesn't use C products I don't think.

Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know about Cellbone's return policy, or if they have one?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Does anyone know about Cellbone's return policy, or if they have one?

Howdy V! I emailed their CS and they gave me this link. They're pretty good about responding to emails, I usually get my ?? answered within a few hours. Basically, return the unused portion within 30 days for a full refund [less shipping]

Here's the link: http://www.cellbone.com/Return_Policy.htm

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet, thanks!

On another note, is it weird that I get NO tingling with the C23 High Potency C-Serum? In fact I never have with any C product Ive used to date. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this...

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Sweet, thanks!

On another note, is it weird that I get NO tingling with the C23 High Potency C-Serum? In fact I never have with any C product Ive used to date. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this...

I have never gotten any kind of tingle from Vit C serum. Got a little tingle from cellbone C23 in the first week but now that I'm in my second week, no tingly at all. I never experienced any tingly from PSF 1% retinol treatment either. Not sure what it means, but I suspect I have my thick, healthy, oily skin barrier to thank for that Laughing I'll be interested to hear others thoughts on this.

Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was so ready to buy Alphaderma CE until I read this thread. Please advise, Cellbone or ADCE?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Sweet, thanks!

I use a clarisonic and this allows products to sink in much better and even with this I rarely can tell a product is doing much - oily skin here also - yet every now and then I can feel a little tingling. Without the clarisonic - I never could tell.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I did try the C23 but I think it broke me out. Sad
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
I was so ready to buy Alphaderma CE until I read this thread. Please advise, Cellbone or ADCE?

Hi Blaze, I may be enabling you to buy more than you need but it depends upon your skincare concerns. I'm not so convinced that the choice between AlphaDerma CE and Cellbone is an either/or thing, it may be a BOTH! Laughing

I used AlphaDermaCE and Skin Prep for over a year. It's a lovely product that really helped shallow forehead and neck lines plump up and recede slightly.

In addition, I have used many different Vit C products because I wasn't convinced that AlphaDermaCE contains ENOUGH Vit C.

HTH,

Athena

Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Athena. Thanks for the response. I'm looking to rest from using retinol at night. I'd like to prevent lines, erase or ease the fine lines around my eyes (not too many yet - altho I have this ongoing battle with puffiness that I don't think any cream will solve), and firming all over. O ya, I'd like to keep the smoothness of my face (or improve, if that's possible) and prevent enlarged pores. I'd LOVE to get recommendations on what Cellbone products to buy from others. I'm eyeing the AOX and the C23 already. TIA.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I want to get my hand on cellbone 70% unbuffered Glycolic peel, can I ? I have tried Perfect Complexion strongest Green Peel with mild peeling only. But not sure of PC 's Green Peel acid contents.

My point is I have fairly thick skin with great tolerance to acid. As I have never tried cellbone products, I am unsure of its effect on my skin. Can anyone provide me with some details?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Blaze wrote:
... I'm eyeing the AOX and the C23 already...

Blaze - I have been using Cellbone products, and I like all of them. Some I like better then others, but there is not single product that I did not like. As I mentioned I use C23 daily, many use AOX and like it, my daugter loves AOX the best. I use Collagen Peptide XC, and XE. Also I like Collagen Cleansing Gel, I used to use Triple Lavender Foam, and now switched to this one. They also mail samples along with your order.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:
I want to get my hand on cellbone 70% unbuffered Glycolic peel, can I ? ... I have fairly thick skin with great tolerance to acid. As I have never tried cellbone products, I am unsure of its effect on my skin. Can anyone provide me with some details?

Skinmelon - I got Glycolic Peel 70% long ago, but I did not use it on my face. You can call Cellbone customer support and ask, they have excellent service.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, mpstat. Thanks for the info. Now, another question. I'm using another Vit C product which is weaker than C23. I have another 3/4 left from my old product, but I really want to try the C23. If I use the c23 now, will my face not respond to the weaker strengths later on?

In general, is that how it goes? I mean if my face gets accustomed to a higher percentage of, let's say, glycolic acid/retinol/vitamin c for example. Will my face not respond anymore to the lower strength of those actives? You're probably thinking, "why switch back to the lower ones?" I guess I'm just afraid that if I keep upping the ante, by the time I'm 55 I may have max'd out and have difficulty finding a product that will my face will respond to. Similar to taking too much antibiotics - pretty soon your body gets used to it and will need the super-strength (or worse) to get better. Am I stressing for nothing?? Confused
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blaze - I can express what I think and what I do, at the same time I am not an expert. It is in general recommended to rotate skin care products even if one uses some set there is a rotation possible within a set. About Vit C specifically I myself not concerned with using high concentrations, and I am many years away from 55. My face can tolerate C23 fine, but neck not so much so I use it accordingly (less on the neck). Also on EDS someone posted a post about long term retin-a usage experience. This member had been using retin-a since being a teenager, and as a mature person had great skin, thanks to retin-a, so in this particular case it was beneficial to use the product really long term.

I hear your concern, and it seems that it should be on case by case approach. For Vit C I would not worry too much and switch between them if desired, but if you would like to stick with higher concentration it should be fine. Again this what I do myself.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |