Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
carekate wrote:
Skincare wrote:
After reading some of the reviews....can you tell me more about the scent of ylang ylang oil?

As far as I can tell, everybody prefer to use it at night only. Why is that?

Is it because the scent is strong and it goes away overnight?

Is the scent too strong that you could not wear it in public?
It smells like Ylang Ylang! Also, I think you've got it backwards: you use the Y-Y oil during the day and the Y-Y balm at night.

The scent doesn't linger once you have applied the oil and it has been absorbed by the skin.

So do you apply it after ISC super serum? Then after the ylang ylang then your sunblock?
Yes. I would wait a few minutes after applying the Y-Y oil before putting on your sunblock to allow the oil to be absorbed into your skin. After you've waited (I usually wait 5 mins), take a tissue or papertowel and blot up the excess oil from your face that did not get absorbed, then apply your sunscreen and the rest of your makeup.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't know if I'm allowed to say this Anxious, but Skin-one has 25% off Decleor products if you type in the code DCDECLEOR at checkout. I get a newsletter called Daily Candy and that was one of the weekly deals, they have free shipping on some products too, but I don't know if it can be combined with the discount.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, thank you! I might pm you later if I have anymore questions.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I love love LOVE decleor ylang ylang!
I use the balm and the oil and my skin is no longer super oily!!!!!!
I can't begin to say how long I've waited (and suffered) to find a product that truly takes care of my oily face...this is it.

I discovered it thanks to this forum...!

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I love love LOVE decleor ylang ylang!
I use the balm and the oil and my skin is no longer super oily!!!!!!
I can't begin to say how long I've waited (and suffered) to find a product that truly takes care of my oily face...this is it.

I discovered it thanks to this forum...!

Very Happy

Me too. I thought that in my twenties I'd get grown up skin and the minor breakouts and oiliness would go away. I'm almost 50 and for the first time my face isn't a grease pit...and it's softer too! Razz
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I've just received a sample of the ylang ylang oil. I've also just started using emu oil. should I use one or the other, or can I use both? I think I'm having breakouts with the emu, but I'm trying to stick with it for a few more days to see.

I've also received the matifying flid with smells gorgeous and I'd like to use, but then I'd have to put another spf cream on top, isn't that all a bit too much?

Smile
D

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
preenie wrote:
I've just received a sample of the ylang ylang oil. I've also just started using emu oil. should I use one or the other, or can I use both? I think I'm having breakouts with the emu, but I'm trying to stick with it for a few more days to see.

I've also received the matifying flid with smells gorgeous and I'd like to use, but then I'd have to put another spf cream on top, isn't that all a bit too much?

Smile
D

I use the ylang ylang, then my spf, then the mattifying over it (I pat the fluid in, I don't rub).
I also sometimes do the fluid before the spf...whichever way I remember first. And I have very oily skin but I do quite well (I'm ridiculously in love with my sunscreen because it's not greasy, see "I found my HG sunscreen" ) Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

You need only 2-3drops of ylang-ylang oil. It's to be applied in the morning.
You cover the tip of the bottle with your finger tip and you move the bottle upside down ...use the index,middle, ring finger in succession. After that you rub your finger tips of both hands together (to warm the oil).Take a deep breath to smell the oil. Then press your fingers on your forehead, chin, base of your neck (pulse spots). Then sweep your fingers all over your face and neck. You are not meant to feel the oil much or see it. Finally, make a shape of 2 by pressing at the points on your face - inside of the eyes (by the nose),base of your eyebrows, temples, top of your cheekbones (by the top of your nose), base of your cheekbones (by base of your nose)and finally at the top of your jaw bones (by your ears).
After this, you apply your moisturiser.

HTH.

5% products discount

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Does this take time to start controlling oil or should it work the first time. I am asking because I made the homemade version and wore it for two days but my face was no less oily. Perhaps I put on too much. When did you start to notice a reduction in oil? I really want this to work. I have the oiliest skin on the planet.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
rhensel wrote:
Does this take time to start controlling oil or should it work the first time. I am asking because I made the homemade version and wore it for two days but my face was no less oily. Perhaps I put on too much. When did you start to notice a reduction in oil? I really want this to work. I have the oiliest skin on the planet.
I noticed a difference immediately, but it did get better the longer I used it, although it *is* quite easy to use too much until you get the hang of it. You literally want to use about 3-4 drops for your entire face.

Remember that no single product is going to fix your oily skin -- you need to experiment to find the best products that will work for you. I, too, have the oiliest skin imaginable and I have shared my oily skin battleplan with other EDS members in this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7244&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=94aefc11c8cf7ee787340e1a14eabfb8. The three lynchpins of my oily skin regimen are the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil (or homemade version), Milk of Magnesia used as a makeup primer (yes, the laxative!) and Jurlique Rose Silk Dust before and after applying my makeup. Please have a look at the above link for other ideas and suggestions on how to get your oily skin under control.

ETA:

P.S. After applying my Ylang Ylang oil, I wait about 5-10 minutes for it to absorb and then I blot with a tissue or paper towel to remove excess then apply my makeup (i.e.: thin layer of MoM "primer," then sweep on a layer of Silk Dust, apply my mineral makeup as usual, then "set" it with another sweep of Silk Dust. This keeps me more or less matte for most of the day. I recently began taking a Hair/Skin/Nails nuttritional supplement containing Vit-A (allegedly helps regulate sebum production, though I need to research this further) and that has also made a SIGNIFICANT difference in the amount of oily-breakthrough I experience during the day. Again, this is all detailed in the link I provided above....

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
you could also use the decleor mask 'Decleor Masque a l Argile et aux Herbes - Clay and Herbal Mask' or the other mask 'Decleor Aroma Purete Instant Purifying Mask'

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
rhensel wrote:

For me it took time...all good things take time!!!

It's well worth the wait though! And it lasts forever since you only need two or three drops.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |