Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
retin A and vitamin C, is it okay to use together?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I decided to mix up the obagi program a bit. I will be using the blender with Retin A at night ,and the obagi C with hydroquinone (sp?) in the morning. Does anyone know if it is okay to use a vitamin c while on obagi?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Most definitely ok. Obagi actually recommends their professional C serum be used with the Nu Derm system.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely. Using vitamin c during the day under sunscreen and Retin-A at night would be best.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much for your replies.
So would you think that since there is hydroquinone in the C and the blender, that I could just use the blender and the C, and then i wouldn't need the clear?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
That would be what I would do, just use the C with HQ and then the blender/RA at night.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, i feel better about it now. I already ordered the C and blender, but I was stressing a bit, because it seemed to be that everybody used the clear as well. SO it is good to know i won't need that. Thanks agin Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Petu, do you have a lot of hyperpigmentation? Let us know how it goes with the Obagi C with HQ! Good luck.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
RIleygirl,
I don't have a ton of hyperpigmentation. I do have blotchy freckles from sun damage but they're not very dark. I just think it would look much better if they weren't there at all. I am hoping for a big improvement in fine lines. I will most definately update you on the results. I will post a review of the C and the rest of it, as soon as i start to see a difference!
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
It's ok but you have to use sun screen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
yes i will most definately use sunscreen!!! i plan on getting the highest spf i can find Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you look for a high PPD sunscreen, not just SPF, petu.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
what is ppd?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Persistent Pigment Darkening. You can do a board search for sunscreens. Lots of info out there. If you freckle/pigment easily, you need a high PPD. They are the European sunscreens.
divinemind
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was just about to post the same one! I've been using the C-RX system for about 3 weeks now. About 1 week ago I stopped using the night cream with HQ and used Blender and Retin A instead. Well, I noticed that on the nights I stuck with the C-RX night cream the next morning my skin looked great and the pigmentation is really decreasing. The nights I used the Retin A + Blender it just didn't look so good.

So, I'm thinking about mixing the Retin A with the C-RX night cream that is part of the C-RX system and not using the Blender. Does anyone see a problem with this? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Personally, I wouldn't. I think vitamin A should be used at night and vitamin C during the day, but I don't see how there can be any harm unless you have sensitive skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
divinemind, if you are having such great results with the C-RX night cream, why not just stick with that? I personally don't see a problem using that with Retin A at night, but you may want to check with a doc, or if you aren't followed by one, send an email to Obagi.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
divinemind
how was your skin different between the two? do you it was the irritation that made it look bad?

also,
i do freckle very easily, so i guess i would definately need a ppd sunscreen. any reccomendations and where to get one?
divinemind
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Good question, Rileygirl! A woman at my dermatologist's office said she added the Retin A to the C-Rx line and was really happy with the results. I just figured the Retin A would make the results even better, but now I'm not so sure.

Petu, on the mornings after I used the Retin A my skin looked really dull. I've had good results from the C-RX system so far in that my skin is getting a little glow and my hyperpigmentation is going away. On the mornings after the Retin A there was no glow Sad
Maybe that is what is supposd to happen with Retin A when you first start using it. Honestly, I'm not sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:26 am      Reply with quote
divinemind, I would try what the woman at your derms office did. Instead of blender/Retin A, use your C-RX night cream with Retin A and see if you still have the glow or not in the morning. I am very interested in your results!

Petu, there are just so many options, and it is such a trial and error with sunscreens. I hate to say it, but you end up spending a lot of money on sunscreens until you find one that works for you. A few of the high PPD sunscreens would be LRP Anthelios, Bioderma sunscreens, and Avene sunscreens. Though not high in PPD, some of the ones that have worked for me have been the skinceuticals SPF sunscreen, and Dr. Lewinn's. Both of these 2 are very thick and pasty. The SC tends to leave a greasy shine, but the Dr. Lewinn's goes matte after about 10-15 minutes. Just some options for you to check out! Really, do a board search, you will find a wealth of info!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the info rileygirl Smile
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Now I am really confused. After being on Obagi Nu-derm for a while I considered switching to the C-RX line I was told you shouldn't mix Vit C with Retin-A. That is why Obagi doesn't have a Retin-A specifically for the C-Rx system. I have only been using Vit C in the morning and Retin-A at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
oh no! there are some conflicting ideas about that. Who told you you shouldn't mix the two
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
can use Vit C in the morning, retin A at night.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
petu wrote:
oh no! there are some conflicting ideas about that. Who told you you shouldn't mix the two

My aesthetician.... Confused
Anyone else heard this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Well, I am not a professional or an expert, but if you look at products out now, they combine retinol and C in a lot of products. The only reason off the top of my head why I can think of that it would not be recommended would be due to sensitivity. I don't see a reason why someone couldn't try it and see if it was too much for their skin or not.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |